UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suppression story was based on a Sunday times article, which later printed a clarification to the story stating it was not intended to read that the mccanns suppressed the e.fits and they clarified the dates the e.fits were given to the police proving there was no suppression. As for why the police withheld them is for the police to reveal as they are the ones running the show.

Please provide links. Thanks.

Thanks. I didn't realize that is what they were referring to. What did the first letter contain?

They've not been made public but they are described as Letters of Request, for cooperation mainly.

Interesting that they come from the CPS not Scotland Yard.

This implies that the investigation and evidence gathering have been completed by the police and been presented as a case for trial.

The CPS are the ones who prepare the charges.

They are the bridge between Law Enforcement and the Courts. If they are writing to anyone, it indicates the case has been handed to them for review by LE.

It means LE think they have enough for an arrest and conviction.

They've not been made public but they are described as Letters of Request, for cooperation mainly.

Interesting that they come from the CPS not Scotland Yard.

This implies that the investigation and evidence gathering have been completed by the police and been presented as a case for trial.

The CPS are the ones who prepare the charges.

They are the bridge between Law Enforcement and the Courts. If they are writing to anyone, it indicates the case has been handed to them for review by LE.

It means LE think they have enough for an arrest and conviction.
Incorrect, on england the police both arrest and charge people. The cps can only help to determine the charges in some cases, but they never charge oeople themselves. Once people are charged the cps then decides whether to take the case to court or not.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/about/

In cases where mural assistance is required the cps send the letters of international request even to request evidence as explained in the link I posted yesterday, but here's another one which lists which bodies can issue letters of request and the police are not on the list.
https://www.gov.uk/mutual-legal-assistance-mla-requests

The following, european convention, explains that the letters must be sent by a judicial authority in order to procure evidence.http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/en/Treaties/Html/030.htm

Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

The prospect of arrests over Madeleine McCann's disappearance moved a step closer today after Portugal's Attorney General's office confirmed it had received a formal request for help from UK prosecutors.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-interview-three-suspects.html#ixzz2rFY8454O

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now it's a "prospect"

The story has changed from "arrests" to "Interviews" ...I'm not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now it's a "prospect"

The story has changed from "arrests" to "Interviews" ...I'm not surprised.

Thats the media. Look at how they Jeeping writing about Michael Schumacher, they keep publishing articles stating he will be in x or y condition etc based on nothing more than conjecture from people who are not even treating him.

Thats the media. Look at how they Jeeping writing about Michael Schumacher, they keep publishing articles stating he will be in x or y condition etc based on nothing more than conjecture from people who are not even treating him.

I know nothing about Schumacher

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WyJwns_MTok

Crime watch where they say they believe she was abducted, and that although it had the hallmarks of a preplanned abduction they were investigating burglaries in the area and it was possible she was taken in a burglary.

They have said on national TV several times now they believe she was taken in a criminal abduction by a stranger. Links to this have been posted several times.

No SY never said they believe she was abducted.....never..Redwood said he believes she could still be alive, thats all

All they have said via Redwood is there was an opportunity there for an abduction and if that happened it would be a criminal act by a stranger..doh..... You need to learn to read between the lines and not put words into polices mouths

Even saying it has hallmarks of a planned abduction doesnt mean they believe it was one.....

As for sayng there was a 400 per cent increase in burglaries in that year...well cutting the dramatics, that could be one burglary multipied to 4... But what burglar abducts a child....none is the answer.... do you really thnk SY would be warning their prime suspects for months in the press that they know who they are and are coming after them? pathetic

Unless it was for ransom, I'm also having a hard time believing 3 burglars took her. IF let's say they did take her, why would they think she's still alive? What would 3 burglars do with a little girl?

This entire thread is based on media conjecture.

The 3 burglars do not exist anywhere but the pages of the daily mail etc.

There was no letter sent by SY.

Unless it was for ransom, I'm also having a hard time believing 3 burglars took her. IF let's say they did take her, why would they think she's still alive? What would 3 burglars do with a little girl?

Train her to be a pickpocket, Fagin style?

Maybe Madeleine herself was climbing out the window every night and performing her own thieving, the burglars came across her in another apartment altogether rifling for valuables, and recognised true talent when they saw it?

Media again.

No ones denying a letter was sent.

No one knows the contents.

We don't need the media to embellish the facts, they are on the SY website.

SY did not send that letter the CPS did.

I really don't understand why some of these posts are allowed. Links have been put up that clearly show scotland yard stating they have three more suspects, and that although her abduction showed the hallmarks of a preplanned abduction they thought it was possible she was taken during a burglary.
Yet posts are allowed stating the burglary theory is a fantasy That the parents were bogusly cleared despite the fact there was a report which went through why the parents had been cleared. There have been posts saying the mccanns are running a scam which have been allowed up with not a shred of evidence. There really ius a strong biuas against the mccanns and scotland yard ( posts insulting Andy redwood have been allowed).

LINKS ??

Stating SY sent ILofR regarding '3 Burglars (or anything else ) IS FALSE !!

They were not CLEARED

The status was LIFTED due to case being archived

Some say trafficked her.. Who trafficks kids from their bed on holiday...and what for? Age 3 yrs is it a traffickers target, thnk not

Some say trafficked her.. Who trafficks kids from their bed on holiday...and what for? Age 3 yrs is it a traffickers target, thnk not

Trafficking / child *advertiser censored* are possibilities. But do burglars do that ? If they removed burglars and used the word intruder (s) , perhaps the story would be more believable.

They had the time and opportunity to kidnap her. But then we have all the other evidence pointing to the parents.

I'm so torn with this case.

Trafficking / child *advertiser censored* are possibilities. But do burglars do that ? If they removed burglars and used the word intruder (s) , perhaps the story would be more believable.

They had the time and opportunity to kidnap her. But then we have all the other evidence pointing to the parents.

I'm so torn with this case.

I agree the word intruder changes it so much.

But I disagree there is evidence against the mccanns.

Here is a link (scroll down a couple of lines and you will see the PDFs for the report) to the final report by the Portuguese attorney general. It states there is no evidence against the mccanns and states that therefore the aguido status will be lifted. Nowhere does it state it is only being lifted because the case was being shelved. It discusses how the dog alerts could not be verified by forensic testing in the UK and Portugal, and that neither could the samples tested by verified as madeleines or a particular type of material I.e blood.
The report also states that kate was made an aguido because she was presented with evidence that the police believed could be used against her, as far as I am aware this is a legal requirement if questioning a witness, a bit like questioning someone under caution in the UK. But if anyone has a link to the technicalities of the aguido system could they link to it. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm

This link is to a piece in the guardian summing up the issues.http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jul/23/madeleinemccann.portugal

umm Yes, children are being trafficked.

posted 2 hours ago

ARRESTED TODAY 1/23/14 for child sex trafficking.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/01/2_new_orleans_men_arrested_on.html
Percy Kennedy, 33, and Randy Cotton, 32, were arrested early Thursday (Jan. 23) morning. Each was booked with two counts of trafficking of children for sex purposes.

I agree the word intruder changes it so much.

But I disagree there is evidence against the mccanns.

Here is a link (scroll down a couple of lines and you will see the PDFs for the report) to the final report by the Portuguese attorney general. It states there is no evidence against the mccanns and states that therefore the aguido status will be lifted. Nowhere does it state it is only being lifted because the case was being shelved. It discusses how the dog alerts could not be verified by forensic testing in the UK and Portugal, and that neither could the samples tested by verified as madeleines or a particular type of material I.e blood.
The report also states that kate was made an aguido because she was presented with evidence that the police believed could be used against her, as far as I am aware this is a legal requirement if questioning a witness, a bit like questioning someone under caution in the UK. But if anyone has a link to the technicalities of the aguido system could they link to it. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm

This link is to a piece in the guardian summing up the issues.http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jul/23/madeleinemccann.portugal

brit, thanks for the links. going to go read them shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx