Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She told her parents she was going to see one of her friends the night before, someone they knew, so why switch off the location? After her disappearance the next day, her parents learnt that she had in fact not gone to that friend so she was hiding where she was truly going and so it follows that the location of the phone was switched off either by her or the person she met. NM was on the run so he will have been cautious about all of that and told her some other reason in an attempt to persuade her to switch off the phone’s location. IMO a 19 year old who watches children’s films in her bedroom is a young inexperienced woman when it comes to men, whatever their age but someone in their late 40’s with his track record is frightening!
Children's films? Harry Potter and Twilight? - I'm mid 30's and frequently watch HP movies, I am far from an inexperienced woman.

IF he was asking her to switch her location off, what excuse would he have given her? Even if it was because he was on the run, there is nothing to connect her to him, so her location would have been irrelevant in regard to him.

I do think it's just a coincidence, and they didn't know each other, bar maybe a passing hello if she regularly passed him in a morning on her commute to work.

I found this interesting snippet in the article:

Following the press conference, senior Tory MP Bob Blackman called on the Independent Office for Police Conduct, to look at the case. He called on the police watchdog to examine any contact Thames Valley Police had with Maxwell and the force's claims he evaded arrest 18 times.

Mr Blackman told MailOnline: 'This tragedy is just the sort of case the IOPC should review. It is heart-breaking for the family of Leah Croucher's family'. He added: 'This case is clearly not cut and dried – and it also shows the kind of sexual predators police have to deal with. They are often very clever at evading arrest'.

I wonder why this MP has got involved in the case? It's not even his constituency, he's MP for Harrow East. Interesting comment about the case not being 'cut and dried' though.

Good for him. Great share.

I found this interesting snippet in the article:

Following the press conference, senior Tory MP Bob Blackman called on the Independent Office for Police Conduct, to look at the case. He called on the police watchdog to examine any contact Thames Valley Police had with Maxwell and the force's claims he evaded arrest 18 times.

Mr Blackman told MailOnline: 'This tragedy is just the sort of case the IOPC should review. It is heart-breaking for the family of Leah Croucher's family'. He added: 'This case is clearly not cut and dried – and it also shows the kind of sexual predators police have to deal with. They are often very clever at evading arrest'.

I wonder why this MP has got involved in the case? It's not even his constituency, he's MP for Harrow East. Interesting comment about the case not being 'cut and dried' though.

Good for him. Great share.

Children's films? Harry Potter and Twilight? - I'm mid 30's and frequently watch HP movies, I am far from an inexperienced woman.

IF he was asking her to switch her location off, what excuse would he have given her? Even if it was because he was on the run, there is nothing to connect her to him, so her location would have been irrelevant in regard to him.

I do think it's just a coincidence, and they didn't know each other, bar maybe a passing hello if she regularly passed him in a morning on her commute to work.
I agree it’s a coincidence and as I said previously the night before and secret relationship is probably a huge red herring that took up a lot of police time. I agree they’ve maybe exchanged hello or other brief words although Leah being shy she may not have? But he’s been able to lure her some way to the front of the property - looking at precise location of forensics tent?

I think most likely situation is he saw her on her way to work and he was unloading his tools from the car/van or something so they exchanged a “good morning” and a smile on occasions and that she vaguely knew him but thought he seems a nice friendly guy

On the morning she goes missing he drives past where she is walking to and offers her a lift “i am just on my way to screwfix, bit nippy isn’t it, get in and i will drop you off at work” so knowing him through the “good mornings“ she gets in

He then pulls out a knife or similar weapon and tells her scream or make a move he will stab her and he drives back to his

More likely than ‘leaping out behind a bush’

I agree it’s a coincidence and as I said previously the night before and secret relationship is probably a huge red herring that took up a lot of police time. I agree they’ve maybe exchanged hello or other brief words although Leah being shy she may not have? But he’s been able to lure her some way to the front of the property - looking at precise location of forensics tent?
I think he may be asked for help, feigned a medical emergency? asked to use her phone? Or perhaps she had slipped/injured herself with it being a frosty morning and he had offered to help her.

I do think, it was an opportunist attack, and unfortunately for Leah she was in the area.

I think most likely situation is he saw her on her way to work and he was unloading his tools from the car/van or something so they exchanged a “good morning” and a smile and that she vaguely knew him but thought he seems a nice friendly guy

On the morning she goes missing he drives past where she is walking to and offers her a lift “i am just on my way to screwfix, bit nippy isn’t it, get in and i will drop you off at work” so knowing him through the “good mornings“ she gets in

He then pulls out a knife or similar weapon and tells her scream or make a move he will stab her and he drives back to his

Yeah but wouldn’t it be drummed into her about accepting lifts from strangers? As someone said before, she is actually passing the house, it wouldn’t need for him to wait in a car etc. though I’m not saying it may not have happened like that either. Who knows what she was thinking?

I think most likely situation is he saw her on her way to work and he was unloading his tools from the car/van or something so they exchanged a “good morning” and a smile on occasions and that she vaguely knew him but thought he seems a nice friendly guy

This may tally with the person reporting seeing someone being pushed into a footwell of a car?

interestingly - there was a MK property services company going from 2016 to 2020. directors were based at 6 loxbeare drive which is unofficially for sale on a website right now. the company dissolved in 2020. they did plastering, painting, other construction based activities. thoughts from googling around; references to area going downhill - trafficking. the rural property / barn photo - the owner was interviewed and mentioned people trafficking, there is an article from 2019? about facebook detectives saying police aren't doing enough and case is related to people trafficking, family worried about mr. x associates as much as mr. x himself, not hard to imagine uses to which many often empty properties could be put. thinking out loud..............................

Perhaps this explains where NM "came from", a local business would probably have flyered the local area.

Also, if they had company vehicles, they could have been registered to employees from that address? Might explain the random parking ticket turning up a couple of doors down. IME, companies chasing un-enforcable debts like private parking tickets will spam letters for ages in the hope someone caves and pays up to make it go away.

Yeah but wouldn’t it be drummed into her about accepting lifts from strangers? As someone said before, she is actually passing the house, it wouldn’t need for him to wait in a car etc. though I’m not saying it may not have happened like that either. Who knows what she was thinking?

As she was on her way to work and probably pushed for time I don’t think she would have accepted any invitations to go into his house or anything so only possibilities for me are snatched off the street and bundled into his vehicle which is very risky in rush hour/school run/tesco traffic, or she innocently got into a vehicle and things went badly wrong, I think the latter

I think he may be asked for help, feigned a medical emergency? asked to use her phone? Or perhaps she had slipped/injured herself with it being a frosty morning and he had offered to help her.

I do think, it was an opportunist attack, and unfortunately for Leah she was in the area.
I think another possibility is “my dog is sick can you help me get him in van” or some such scenario may have lured her. But we’ll never actually know . (And I’m not saying he has a dog!!)

I personally think she was taken from outside the house, maybe not snatched although to to grab a wee girl and take her 10 yards would not take much effort and it is a distinct possibility, she could of even slipped and he offered assistance and the perfect opportunity was handed to him, but more than likely in my mind he lured her in to the house or close enough and then struck, all speculation of course but driving around in the middle of rush hour picking people up is a lot more risky and ramps up the possibility of being seen or something going wrong, it takes a particular kind of person to act in the way you describe and from what we know about him, he doesn't seem that type of character at all, hopefully ourselves but more importantly the family will be able to fit the pieces together more easily after the investigation is complete..

I think another possibility is “my dog is sick can you help me get him in van” or some such scenario may have lured her. But we’ll never actually know . (And I’m not saying he has a dog!!)
Has there been any mention from witnesses/CCTV footage of her wearing headphones/apple earbuds etc in her journey? If she was and had her music on less likely she would hear him on his drive asking for help with his ‘dog’

Has there been any mention from witnesses/CCTV footage of her wearing headphones/apple earbuds etc in her journey? If she was and had her music on less likely she would hear him on his drive asking for help with his ‘dog’
Who knows? Maybe she wasn’t using them at that time. Well never know the exact logistics of how he abducted her, only surmise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir