Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty unlikely he would have gone back to living in the same rental property after a couple of years inside of
Pretty unlikely he would have gone back to living in the same rental property after a couple of years inside.
Highly highly unlikely as he never lived there alone anyway, it was a family home at the time

Last night, the convicted paedophile's father told The Times that the family moved out of the property years before Leah went missing in 2019, but still lived in the area and were aware of the case

interestingly - there was a MK property services company going from 2016 to 2020. directors were based at 6 loxbeare drive which is unofficially for sale on a website right now. the company dissolved in 2020. they did plastering, painting, other construction based activities. thoughts from googling around; references to area going downhill - trafficking. the rural property / barn photo - the owner was interviewed and mentioned people trafficking, there is an article from 2019? about facebook detectives saying police aren't doing enough and case is related to people trafficking, family worried about mr. x associates as much as mr. x himself, not hard to imagine uses to which many often empty properties could be put. thinking out loud..............................
It was people being trafficked into the area to use as cheap labour, not out of the country:

I can’t get my head around how nobody has entered the property in all this time? Even if the body was well hidden, wouldn’t the smell give it away?

Who would be happy not to have their property visited or checked on in 3 years?

Be interesting to know what the cleaners discovered first.
My assumption was that the body was buried in the garden. No odour. But her rucksack and possessions were found in the house.

I've been thinking about the fact the owners of the searched property own other houses in the same street, and the surrounding area.

These properties must be managed by the owner or someone else who would have access, and would know when each property would be vacant. From what I've read in the media and other research, all their properties seem empty most of the time.

Take 13 Loxbeare, also owned by Salaam Lettings, is currently listed on Airbnb, managed by someone called 'Kate', no bio or profile photo. The property is opposite number 2. It was listed in 2018, but only has 1 review (left last month), and has no future bookings according to the booking calendar. The description says long stays are welcome and says the property is 'great for contractors, families, and people working in
the area.' Multiple years of street view images show no cars in the drive and the curtains drawn. It looks unlived in.

No. 13 is also on Leah's potential route, is quite secluded, and also backs onto the the lake. That property could also be of interest.

I just looked no wonder it has no bookings at £314 a night!
I saw this one too, in some of the images you can see the person taking the photos in the mirror reflection. Could be the owner or someone else?

This whole paedophile thing is a complete red herring and headline grabber MOO. It doesn’t seem helpful
Police have fed this to press to keep the perpetrator thinking they're going down the wrong line of enquiry? As a journo myself I would have checked out the times he actually lived there before publishing... but then again, this is the Mail.

The press who gave this very little airtime, all things considered, are now jumping on any headline grabber they can get their hands on. Of course even at this tragic stage visibility is great if it helps reach people who hadn’t heard about Leah but even so…
I guess the police reluctance to take away the possibility of voluntary disappearance decreased the profile at the start. Just my thoughts on how sad it is that this has suddenly become massive national news when really a lot of people felt it should have been all along

Police have fed this to press to keep the perpetrator thinking they're going down the wrong line of enquiry? As a journo myself I would have checked out the times he actually lived there before publishing... but then again, this is the Mail.
Ok makes sense thanks!

I've made the assumption that the police were called when Leah's rucksack and possessions were found in the house perhaps through renovations. Some reports suggested that police were looking into sections of the ceiling so maybe they were put under floorboards.

I was guessing that after these were found and recognised the police came and to carry out an in depth investigation and found her remains, sadly, in the garden. Which would explain the sectioning off of the garden by forensics.

This would also explain why nothing was uncovered or detected for some time.

I saw that also. Which suggests it can’t be cleaners who made the discovery which was also reported, as why on earth would a cleaner go in the loft.
I also saw that it was the attic, but in honesty in the last 24 hours I have heard so many different versions that it feels more like Chinese whispers at the moment, so do think we will have to wait for it to be officially released, if it ever will completely.

I've made the assumption that the police were called when Leah's rucksack and possessions were found in the house perhaps through renovations. Some reports suggested that police were looking into sections of the ceiling so maybe they were put under floorboards.

I was guessing that after these were found and recognised the police came and to carry out an in depth investigation and found her remains, sadly, in the garden. Which would explain the sectioning off of the garden by forensics.

This would also explain why nothing was uncovered or detected for some time.

Sorry, what area of the garden do you mean?
The back garden is fully exposed and there's a small forensics tent on the front drive.

@Vaccine the drone footage in this article shows the small amount of activity in the garden. The remains aren't there, they're in the house.

Forensic team seem to have built some kind of small platform scaffolding structure.

One of the initial figures that walks out of the house appears to hold his head and crouch down - seems to be affected by what they've seen.

I have been giving this some thought. Agents would have the keys and possibly previous tenants (if the locks were not changed). BUT, if it was widely known that the property was empty, then perhaps keys were not needed and another means of entry was made. Add to that, property maintenance, and perhaps family or friends of the owner and the circle gets wider.

Which brings me onto the skills needed to hide a body. I am guessing that the body was hidden - media reports have indicated that the body may have been hidden in the ceiling space - either between the ground and first floor or perhaps in the loft space.

If in the space between the grounf and first floor - floorboards/plaster boards would need to be lifted and replaced and perhaps any other flooring also (e.g. carpet or laminate). If in the loft space (beteen the ceiling of the first floor and the loft) not only have you got to get the body into the loft space, but you have the move or install the boarding- so not a small job and not quick either.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?
Teenagers wagging off collage who knew the house was empty could of used it too. Not to mention...pedophiles converse with their own kind. Anyone of them could of used the property after the other man went to jail.

What about her boyfriend? Where did he live...did he have acess to the property? Was she sleeping rough there after leaving home of her own accord?

There are many possibilities.

@Vaccine the drone footage in this article shows the small amount of activity in the garden. The remains aren't there, they're in the house.

Forensic team seem to have built some kind of small platform scaffolding structure.

One of the initial figures that walks out of the house appears to hold his head and crouch down - seems to be affected by what they've seen.

There's a lean-to, on the side of the house, it was already there.

Just wanted to add as I forgot to yesterday, I know it sounds strange as we’re not her relatives but I hope everyone is okay following all of this news, it definitely made me feel a bit weird the whole of yesterday as ive followed the case for so long.

It’s easy to get caught up in things online and upset/frustrated by them, just make sure you’re all taking the time to relax and away from the keyboard if you need to <3

Just wanted to add as I forgot to yesterday, I know it sounds strange as we’re not her relatives but I hope everyone is okay following all of this news, it definitely made me feel a bit weird the whole of yesterday as ive followed the case for so long.

It’s easy to get caught up in things online and upset/frustrated by them, just make sure you’re all taking the time to relax and away from the keyboard if you need to <3
That's a lovely sentiment. Thank you daisydew124

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member