Identified! UK - Leicestershire, Bones found on building site of former care home, Oct 2019 - from 7th century

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
The remains were found when they were clearing the area of what was the former county council-run Catherine Dalley House. A spokesperson for Leicestershire Police said: ‘Officers received a report at around 3.30pm yesterday after human bones had been found at a site off Scalford Road in Melton Mowbray and attended the area.

Human remains found at former care home during building work | Metro News

I grew up in this town! Not lived there for many years but know exactly where this is and I still visit frequently.

It's not been used as a care home for a while and had property guardians living it if for ages.

Doesn't seem to be any local gossip which is unusual to say the least (very small town!)

I grew up in this town! Not lived there for many years but know exactly where this is and I still visit frequently.

It's not been used as a care home for a while and had property guardians living it if for ages.

Doesn't seem to be any local gossip which is unusual to say the least (very small town!)

Very long time no see, welcome back!
You need to do some digging (not literally) see what the word on the street is locally

Thank you!
I'm not really sure why I stopped posting, it was probably the time I was trying to juggle a full time job, a full time masters degree, and a then-undiagnosed chronic illness. What a terrible combination hahah.

Yep, I'm going to try and do some digging of the local gossip next time I'm there.

I would say who ever they are, they're not local or they've been there a long time.

1,400-year-old 'eerie' human remains found under former English nursing home

1400-year-old-bones-2.jpg

Aerial view of a police forensic tent erected on a building site off Scalford Road, Melton Mowbray. Police have launched an investigation after human bones were discovered on a building site in Melton Mowbray.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back