GUILTY UK - Megan Newborough, 23, raped, found dead on country lane, Leicestershire, 7 August 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a sad waste of a life, given that poor Megan didn't live near where she was found I'm thinking some kind of online dating site meet up that's gone wrong.

I don't know the details of the car that was seen driving around but I wonder if the man was lookng for somewhere to leave her. I can't think of a reason a death would happen by the road side unless it was a hit and run which doesn't seem to be the case

RIP Megan

JMO/MOO

Such a sad waste of a life, given that poor Megan didn't live near where she was found I'm thinking some kind of online dating site meet up that's gone wrong.
Raping and strangling a young woman and dumping her body is a little more serious than a date “gone wrong”.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Reading the article it states he has been released under investigation pending the rape charge but has been charged with murder. I'm thinking this will be someone she knows as I'm guessing it's hard to prove the rape charge (boyfriend might claim it was consensual). Another very sad case and ending of a beautiful young womans life...after sarah everard I asked my husband if he ever felt scared or uneasy when out walking alone, especially at night. He said "no,never."....that completely shocked me. As a woman I've always been very careful when out walking alone, in fact I very very rarely do it but what had never even occurred to me before was that men don't really feel like this. Perhaps some do, but predominantly it's women. :(

Reading the article it states he has been released under investigation pending the rape charge but has been charged with murder. I'm thinking this will be someone she knows as I'm guessing it's hard to prove the rape charge (boyfriend might claim it was consensual). Another very sad case and ending of a beautiful young womans life...after sarah everard I asked my husband if he ever felt scared or uneasy when out walking alone, especially at night. He said "no,never."....that completely shocked me. As a woman I've always been very careful when out walking alone, in fact I very very rarely do it but what had never even occurred to me before was that men don't really feel like this. Perhaps some do, but predominantly it's women. :(
Megan reminds me a lot of Sarah Everard. We won’t know what really happened ‘til the trial unless he pleads guilty. Maybe he has confessed to murder already. Absolutely tragic regardless :-(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datalord
Back