UK- Lianne Gordon, 42, fatally shot, man, 20, & boy, 16, also shot, Lower Clapton, Hackney, 5 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1701868899932.png
''A woman who was shot dead in east London on Tuesday evening has been named locally as Lianne Gordon.

She was killed at the scene of the attack in Lower Clapton, Hackney, where a man, 20, and a 16-year-old boy also sustained gunshot wounds.

The 42-year-old's neighbours have described her as "very community-spirited" and "loved by the community".

The Metropolitan Police has launched a murder inquiry. No arrests have been made.

Inquiries are ongoing to establish the motive, the force added. It said officers were in the process of informing the dead woman's next of kin.

The shooting happened on Vine Close, which is in a small housing development, at about 18:30 GMT.

The man and the boy were taken to hospital, where their conditions are being assessed.''

JOHN DUNNE @JHDUNNE|ANTHONY FRANCE @NEWSFRENCHTONY41 MINUTES AGO
1701869109012.png
''A mother who "would do anything for anyone" has been killed in a triple shooting on her doorstep.
Lianne Gordon, 42, died at the scene in Hackney as residents heard her young daughter scream: “My mum has been shot.”

''Police were called to reports of gunfire outside a house on Vine Close at roughly 6.30pm on Tuesday.
A terrified neighbour said: “I heard three shots, then there was a girl screaming ‘My mum has been shot in the head’.
“I thought the gunshots were fireworks at first but then it was carnage and chaos on the street.”
Scotland Yard launched a murder investigation but there have been no arrests so far.
However, a source said: “We do not believe she was the intended victim.
“It is believed they had come for someone else at the house.”

JOHN DUNNE @JHDUNNE|ANTHONY FRANCE @NEWSFRENCHTONY41 MINUTES AGO
View attachment 466194
''A mother who "would do anything for anyone" has been killed in a triple shooting on her doorstep.
Lianne Gordon, 42, died at the scene in Hackney as residents heard her young daughter scream: “My mum has been shot.”

''Police were called to reports of gunfire outside a house on Vine Close at roughly 6.30pm on Tuesday.
A terrified neighbour said: “I heard three shots, then there was a girl screaming ‘My mum has been shot in the head’.
“I thought the gunshots were fireworks at first but then it was carnage and chaos on the street.”
Scotland Yard launched a murder investigation but there have been no arrests so far.
However, a source said: “We do not believe she was the intended victim.
“It is believed they had come for someone else at the house.”
Ugh, I was wondering if one of the injure males might have been the intended victim. I guess more info will come out soon.

Absolutely awful to not just have a shooting like this, but innocent people caught in the crossfire. The poor daughter to see her mum like that :(

"A woman shot dead in Hackney, east London had returned from a family holiday to Jamaica just hours earlier, her best friend revealed. [...]

Ms Finnigan revealed that Lianne worked as a teacher and was dedicated to her job. She said that her 20-year-old son was disabled from birth and used a wheelchair. [...]

Police revealed that they are investigating the possibility that Lianne's killing was gang related.

But Ns Finnigan insisted: 'I know for a fact that Lianne was not into that life and had no gang associations. She wasn't like that at all.

'I don't know what's behind all this but Lianne's tragic killing just shows that you don't have to be in a gang or into that life to be a victim of gun violence.

'She was an innocent person who got killed on her doorstep and I hope the police find whoever did it quickly.'

A mother-of-two was fatally shot in the head by a boy of 16 as she desperately tried to hold her front door shut to protect her family, a court heard today. [...]

The youth is charged with Ms Gordon's murder and the attempted murders of the 20-year-old man and the other 16-year-old boy. [...]

Prosecutor Louise Oakley told the court: 'Shortly before half six on 5 December 2023, the 20-year-old and the 16-year-old approached the home address of Lianne Gordon on foot.

'As they did, they were confronted by [the defendant] on a bicycle. [...]

'Having fired those shots [the defendant] tried to force his way into her home address.

'He shoulder barged the front door and kicked the front door to try and gain access.

'Lianne Gordon tried to ensure the door stayed closed to keep her family safe. [...]

Two provisional three-week trial dates were identified on June 17 and September 2.

Ms Gordon lived in Hackney with her two children, a 16-year-old girl and 21-year-old boy who uses a wheelchair and has cerebral palsy.

A mother was shot dead as she sheltered behind her front door hours after returning from a family holiday in Jamaica, a court has heard.

Lianne Gordon, 42, was the unintended victim of a dispute between two gangs when she was killed in her home in Hackney, east London, on 5 December 2023, jurors at the Old Bailey were told.

A 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, denies murdering Ms Gordon and the attempted murders of a youth aged 17 and a 21-year-old man on the same day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back