Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this is in bad taste but as a sufferer of depression and anxiety it can really mess up your view of the world and the way you feel people perceive you. Does anybody think Libby could have disappeared willingly after her mind convinced her nobody cared after her mates put her in the taxi and continued the night... maybe I’m wrong just a theory, hope she is found safe and well.

Sorry for the late reply....

There are actually steps leading from the back of Libby's house straight down to the water. See link:

Google Maps

I'll be honest, CMC.....I don't see steps there plus we don't know how old that overhead plane shot is. Every bridge over that drain shows wild overgrowth.

Unfortunately you are wrong. See screenshot from Google Earth. I have only just realised by looking in 3D how easily she may have fell, especially in the dark when she was drunk and wobbly. Libby's house over near the left, back of houses accessed by driveway over to the right. There is a point directly behind Libby's back yard where she may have fallen. View attachment 167619

As above I'm not sure that Google Earth created image is completely up to date? I guess it is all moot as Libby was around the corner at the bench when last seen.

I did have a quick search and found this pic of a student house for rent on that road that shows how overgrown it is out back:

43728816_2281390348601365_6760219828880932864_o.jpg

As an aside these modern student houses are a far cry from the Young Ones "digs" I remember.

True, you're right. I'm sorry. I suppose I was thinking too logically and not thinking about the emotion and sentimentality behind their choices. I can't imagine what they're going through and choosing photographs for the press is probably not what they want to have to spend a lot of time doing. I apologise.
You dont need to apologise. Your point was as valid as anyone else's and I don't think you intended any maliciousness (not sure if that's the correct spelling).

Sorry for the late reply....

I'll be honest, CMC.....I don't see steps there plus we don't know how old that overhead plane shot is. Every bridge over that drain shows wild overgrowth.

Hmm, not sure why you can't see the steps as they're clear as day right in the middle of the picture, maybe my link didn't work properly, can anyone else see them? And why would there be steps down to the water like that?

Anyway, like you say, probably a moot point as I think Libby would have been found already if she'd tumbled down there.

Hmm, not sure why you can't see the steps as they're clear as day right in the middle of the picture, maybe my link didn't work properly, can anyone else see them? And why would there be steps down to the water like that?

Anyway, like you say, probably a moot point as I think Libby would have been found already if she'd tumbled down there.
They are visible-

Sad that all momentum has gone from the case and reflected here...:(

Even the latest Hull Live update states there are no obvious Police searches ongoing per their on-scene reporter.

@cmc give me a few minutes and I'll bust out paint and see if I can show you what I believe is the water and how far from the houses it actually is.

Sad that all momentum has gone from the case and reflected here...:(

Even the latest Hull Live update states there are no obvious Police searches ongoing per their on-scene reporter.

@cmc give me a few minutes and I'll bust out paint and see if I can show you what I believe is the water and how far from the houses it actually is.

The water is less than 20 metres from her back door, the steps lead down to it from her garden.

I cant see steps either. It does look like a lane / track out the back of the house?

Google Maps

Last edited:
Apologies if this is in bad taste but as a sufferer of depression and anxiety it can really mess up your view of the world and the way you feel people perceive you. Does anybody think Libby could have disappeared willingly after her mind convinced her nobody cared after her mates put her in the taxi and continued the night... maybe I’m wrong just a theory, hope she is found safe and well.

Possibly if she had someone helping her out like picking her up in a car etc but there seems no trace of that or any further witness seeing her enter another car I can see what you mean - but it’s the fact she did not have her phone on her and could not call anyone and she was intoixicated with alcohol and refused entry into the club surly she would have had to planed if she intended to run away and she probably would not have gotten drunk

I think if she did get into another, vehicle that night it could possible an abduction or a attempted abductions the screaming heard by witnesses etc which could be possible but the fact is she was drunk and gone missing in area near water alway concerns me if she did walk near a river, lake etc if had been snowing depending on what foot wear she was wearing she could have slipped and accidentally fallen into a lake etc

The longer this is going on with no update, the more I’m starting to think she is in the water.

I think if they thought she was somewhere, we would see fresh appeals for other information and possibly people in for questioning. They seem to be pretty on the ball. JMO.

I cant see steps either. It does look like a lane / track out the back of the house?

Google Maps

The water (aka Beverley and Barmston Drain) runs literally right behind Libby's house/back garden. It is at a lower level than the houses and there is a steep bank. The little steps on the right hand side of the bank are what I was referring to.

So there's the house, then the garden and track with all the bins on, then the bank with the steps, then the water.

Last edited:

Yeah, I can see them very clearly

There’s a video on YouTube of interest if you search Libby’s name - it was posted today. There was a piece of information in that video I hadn’t heard before. Unsure where they have got this information and if it’s even true but it’s Libby’s friends that are sharing the video.

They are. So what happens is the originally start growing on the bank edge - then they throw fine roots out from the reeds - these usually go a few cm. Over time more plant grows from the root so a layering and support system forms. This keeps growing out further and further. Eventually if left for many many years it could even cover the whole pond doing this method of growth.

When I was a kid I used to fish on these sort of waters - I have even fished close to this lake / river in question. We would always avoid and advised to stay away from these areas as you can disturb the root and it effectively gets you stuck. In some circumstances if the water is very deep below you can fall into the water and its a bit like quick sand.

In winter it dies back quite a bit so it can quite often be confused for the bank edge when its not. In summer it can grow quite high (a meter and above) so you can clearly see the edge. In a drunken state it would be easy to get stuck in this, but if you did manage to walk on it (which you can sometimes, especially when froezen) it would be like walking on a trampoline. Imagine doing that when drunk - what do you think the result would be?

This is the time most the clubs start to kick out - and when students start to come home.

I would expect they have - although I'm very surprised they are doing the field search now. I would of thought these things would of been done properly first. As the lake its the second time they have looked.

I am very tempted to put on my fishing gear and offer to help. I used to roam forests like this as a kid and you can get through them pretty quick this time of year. A poor girl like Libby would be easy to spot I imagine as there is no weed growth currently due to the season.

We had a tv show on here called Missing. A guy went missing in summer and it wasn't until winter they found him. He had only walked a short walk from his house but the height and spread of the weeds they couldn't find him - it was only when it came to winter when the weeds died they found him.

From day 1 there were local people commenting in groups about the allotments. I think that morning they would of been searched. Alot of gardeners are out digging beds over ready for March. (Just done mine!).

Plus these allotments are very much in demand - some places are on waiting lists. So they are quite active with people in and out.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and posting the video, Lincolnshirelad! Super helpful.

I don’t know for certain that all/ any of these cameras were working- however if they were all working it’s highly likely one of them would have picked her up, there’s a chance there are more cameras than the ones I have marked on the map. The direction of the pond etc is purely residential and mainly student accommodation meaning no CCTV. I’m just speculating but the police seem to be dedicating a huge resource to searching that area, and I just aimed to theorise why that is. My conclusion being that she hasn’t been spotted anywhere since 12.09 meaning not 1 of these cameras videod her walking past.

edited - please see updated map for last seen location in BLUE

Great research Ec1995, and I agree with your theory.

There’s a video on YouTube of interest if you search Libby’s name - it was posted today. There was a piece of information in that video I hadn’t heard before. Unsure where they have got this information and if it’s even true but it’s Libby’s friends that are sharing the video.

If I've watched the same one I'm not sure how accurate she is, the details she gave about the woman who heard the scream aren't the same as those that I've read in MSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova