Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can probably see her sitting on the bench from there depending on exactly where she was sitting

And remember he has just walked over from where she was. He must have walked right by her.

He definitely can't see her on the bench from where he is sitting smoking a cig. It's around a corner. He may well have walked up to the corner where the bollards are and seen her then, though.

He can probably see her sitting on the bench from there depending on exactly where she was sitting

And remember he has just walked over from where she was. He must have walked right by her.

Yeah good point. Im not sure what he waiting on then or why he would be there so long before he gets up.

Someone the other day had a good thought. Maybe he had driven by and saw the bearded man asking her if she needed help and so maybe he pulled over to wait to see if he was going to leave her there. And after his break he walks over to check on her himself.

And others make a good point that he could have lied to her telling her he was a taxi driver too.

I shared a true story once how I ended up getting into a car that I thought was the "car service" I had called for a ride in NYC and it turned out it was just somebody driving by that wanted to make a buck. I couldnt believe the mistake I made getting in that car but luckily the guy just wanted to make some money and I was glad to pay him for the ride. It showed me how easily things can go wrong when someone wants a ride.

Were there not reports she didn’t have a handbag though? That’s why no phone and no keys, no where to put them?

Nope, no reports about whether she had a bag or not. Nor whether she actually had her keys. The only thing we know for sure is that she did not have her phone. Anything else is speculation.

No matter how many times I watch this video I see whoever gets into the back seat get in as if knees are bent to chest, almost foetal position and they are looking towards the back window but fall or lie on the back seat. I can’t see them sitting up. Am i the only one? When I first saw it I thought that he was wearing shorts but second and subsequent views I see wellington boots and tight leggings/ horseriding type trousers

He definitely can't see her on the bench from where he is sitting smoking a cig. It's around a corner. He may well have walked up to the corner where the bollards are and seen her then, though.

I'm still having trouble with a workable theory.

did he see Libby on the bench as he drove past and on the spur of the moment decided to park up, have a smoke then approach her some time later? Not very likely IMO - how does he know she's drunk and incapable or simply waiting for someone

was he having a smoke anyway and somehow realised there was a vunerable woman round the corner and in a matter of minutes decided to abduct her?

was he sitting minding his own business and Libby was being noisy, calling for help or something and he's a genuine good samaritan who's innocently got caught up in this?

I'm really not sure what I think

JMO

Trying to understand the UK system better.

Assuming a person is guilty, so when a lawyer does arrive then doesnt the lawyer encourage a guilty party to remain silent anyway or say they dont know anything?

Having trouble understanding the part that he doesnt have to speak till a lawyer is present. It seems a lawyer would not want him to say anything either if the laywer is on his side and knows he is guilty.

The way I see it is fairness. The lawyer is there to make sure you're not bullied into confessing. You're allowed talk to your lawyer and that is all confidential. Lawyers at this stage might advise their client what's best to do. This probably saves a lot of time for the legal system in the long run.

As far as her keys...do we know if she looked for them at her house or went up to the door? Was there CCTV there? Partly wondering how her mom is so positive she made it all the way home, and also if it is proven she did not have keys.

Being home was confirmed by the taxi driver, who is not a suspect, and she was seen by 2 other students.

More footage on the sun website now.
I have a very strong feeling some new dash camera footage is going to shed alot of light on this, without speculating.

I read and watched that Sun footage more closely now. They say and I quote:

At 00:19 a similar motor is seen on Newland Avenue in footage taken from a nearby shop

Looking more closely at the footage it does appear that the wheels on the car in this new CCTV are black steel rims without wheel trims.

Me thinks the Sun got jealous of ITV's scoop and ran with this for the clicks.

When the video starts he could have been to Sainsbury’s to buy some tobacco and seen her on his way back to the car ?

Were there not reports she didn’t have a handbag though? That’s why no phone and no keys, no where to put them?

She was wearing a jacket; maybe the pockets were small so could hold keys, money (not necessarily in a purse), maybe a lippy, but not a phone. Female friend of mine would do that rather than take a handbag.

Hi all. I live in a small town in the UK and we have a few Polish police officers so if he does not speak good English then I should a larger town will have plenty of Polish speaking officers. Also a lot of Polish in this area have second jobs the usual is take away drivers in the evenings

Is there a takeaway place near where he parked?

More footage on the sun website now.
I have a very strong feeling some new dash camera footage is going to shed alot of light on this, without speculating.
I think it's just what I posted. So we have two videos. One of Libby getting into the car, and the other of the car driving along.

I read and watched that Sun footage more closely now. They say and I quote:

Looking more closely at the footage it does appear that the wheels on the car in this new CCTV are black steel rims without wheel trims.

Me thinks the Sun got jealous of ITV's scoop and ran with this for the clicks.

It could be that it only has the silver trims on one side but I agree it doesn't look like the same car, what an odd piece of reporting by The Sun

IMO Libby is unconscious ( maybe asleep) on the bench due to the amount of alcohol she had. The polish guy saw her when he drove on the main road, turned left and parked in the dead-end road. Waited for the cyclist and other car to pass, then went to the bench and carried Libby back to his car. I have a feeling he put her in the front seat as the person in that video looks like she is slumped on the passenger seat with her head thrown back. That is my opinion.

Personally I think he drove past and saw her on the bench, was torn about what to do, so pulled up and had a smoke and did battle with his own conscience.

Realising that if he wanted to help or "help" then time was of the essence, he may have convinced himself that he needed to get to her before anyone else does and to take her home.

Finding her in a semi stupor, he carried her to his car and plonks her down in the seat where I personally see a semi-limp person bouncing onto the seat and then falling across the gearstick and towards the drivers seat.

I currently think this is a man doing battle with his own lust, convincing himself that he's doing someone a good turn by saving her, but once in the safety of his own car, perhaps his darker side takes over.

This is guesswork and only my opinion from what I've read and seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member