Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If his intentions were "honourable", he must have been quite naive to put himself in a compromising position. Alone with a semi conscious female - how would she tell him her address for the sat nav? It would be very interesting to know what he told the police he was doing out that time of night. If he was due to work the next day (not saying he was), he would presumably be on the 6am shift. With 50 mind commute.

The suggestion that he bought tobacco makes sense. Leading to an opportunistic situation possibly, but first he needed a smoke. Maybe that's why he was out so late? All JMO

There was reports of a go tobacco tin and a glove found close to where the cctv is. If he was waiting for the 'coast to be clear' then I would say he did that battle with dark thoughts while smoking.

Just as a sidenote, regarding the quick speed of the CCTV footage; when the passenger door is opened there is quite a long delay before this person is seen to get in. With the speed of the CCTV, it is too long for someone opening the door and getting in. It is also too long for someone to open a door for someone else to get in. It's more in line with someone opening the door, then going back to pick someone up to put them in.

I agree Atoz, it's a deceptively timed video this, sped up and then normal time. You have to watch the action a few times first of all to get a feel for it, then watch the clock as its playing, gives a whole different perspective on the viewing and also some snippets of time not accounted for with him on camera, around 10 seconds once he has dumped her in the front seat.

Beverley road is a main road in to town, nobody would stop on it as you would draw attention to yourself. Much less conspicuous to park down the side street, he could have had her out of sight in seconds as opposed to trying to get her into a car on the main road

Also it looks like there is some shrubbery behind the bench

If his intentions were "honourable", he must have been quite naive to put himself in a compromising position. Alone with a semi conscious female - how would she tell him her address for the sat nav? It would be very interesting to know what he told the police he was doing out that time of night. If he was due to work the next day (not saying he was), he would presumably be on the 6am shift. With 50 mind commute.

The suggestion that he bought tobacco makes sense. Leading to an opportunistic situation possibly, but first he needed a smoke. Maybe that's why he was out so late? All JMO

I suspect that he was trying to convince himself that his intentions were honorable, while the drive behind his actions were perhaps more primal.

I think what is confusing some of us here in the US is to remember that vehicles in the UK have the driver steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle. So when he is seen having a smoke break, he is on the drivers side.

When he gets back with the girl he puts her in the vehicle on the street side which we dont see very good at all but I think I see it. Then he goes back around to plop down himself to drive away.

Do I have that right?

How busy is this area at this time on a week night? Surely people would have questioned someone carrying an asleep or unconscious person or at least saw it? To me it looks like she was on a busy main road?
The cctv looks to me like someone gets in the car of their own occord, legs seem to move and bend in that way..

Is that Sun footage legit? It seems to show the car going down Newlands Av twice about 45 seconds apart. Maybe he turned off and looped round to shake off the police car following him?

Wait a minute....They seems to have uploaded an extended cut that shows a Police car passing 40 seconds before the "suspect" car!

I think what is confusing some of us here in the US is to remember that vehicles in the UK have the driver steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle. So when he is seen having a smoke break, he is on the drivers side.

When he gets back with the girl he puts her in the vehicle on the street side which we dont see very good at all but I think I see it. Then he goes back around to plop down himself to drive away.

Do I have that right?

You do indeed :)

Do I have that right?

Yes you do. The drivers side is on the right hand side (ie nearest the camera).

Do I have that right?

Yes, that's right. He has turned the car round in order to be able to drive out of Haworth - so driver's side is to the kerb/sidewalk.

Is that Sun footage legit? It seems to show the car going down Newlands Av twice about 45 seconds apart. Maybe he turned off and looped round to shake off the police car following him?
It’s legit but I get the feeling that it’s not the same car, I’m usually good with cars and the one in the sun video just doesn’t look the same, jmo

Wait a minute....They seems to have uploaded an extended cut that shows a Police car passing 40 seconds before the "suspect" car!

Have I got confused? I thought the very beginning of the video had his car in front of the police car and then 45 seconds later it's on the same road behind a dark car.

Can anyone identify all those cars please? Are the silver ones Astras and is the darker one a blue/back VW?

I am convinced of seeing a conscious but drunken woman half falling, half being put into the car back on the second CCTV viewing. But it could just be pareidolia- the human tendency to see the knife in the shadows.

A new theory:

The combination of drunken-ness and cold, combined with lack of clothing layers and movement leads to an exposure-driven hypothermia, with possible unsconsciousness, possibly after entering the car. Driver, whatever his intents, panics, and gets the passenger out of the vehicle, at an unknown destination / location, possibly believing that she is no longer alive due to the hypothermic reaction.

It could have been that the intent was to take advantage. It could have been that the intent was to help the person out of the cold. It could have been that the intent was worse. Or it could have been that intent was benign. Or a combination of any of the above.

I am convinced of seeing a conscious but drunken woman half falling, half being put into the car back on the second CCTV viewing. But it could just be pareidolia- the human tendency to see the knife in the shadows.

A new theory:

The combination of drunken-ness and cold, combined with lack of clothing layers and movement leads to an exposure-driven hypothermia, with possible unsconsciousness, possibly after entering the car. Driver, whatever his intents, panics, and gets the passenger out of the vehicle, at an unknown destination / location, possibly believing that she is no longer alive due to the hypothermic reaction.

It could have been that the intent was to take advantage. It could have been that the intent was to help the person out of the cold. It could have been that the intent was worse. Or it could have been that intent was benign. Or a combination of any of the above.

I agree to a point, although have doubts to his lack of involvement due to her not being found. It's much harder to conceal yourself in a semi-conscious state than someone who is trying to hide someone to save his own skin after doing something wrong.

I don't know much about horticultural matters, but would the bushes etc around the bench still have leaves in February, or would they have all dropped off, making his view of that corner a lot easier?

I don't know much about horticultural matters, but would the bushes etc around the bench still have leaves in February, or would they have all dropped off, making his view of that corner a lot easier?

Not much at all tbh, see attached

Attachments

• 5AC4FD69-9F9F-4EB6-9459-883452B02B83.jpeg
    5AC4FD69-9F9F-4EB6-9459-883452B02B83.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online