Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Libby Squire latest updates: Everything we know so far about the missing Hull student
Police have continued to search the area around the Oak Road playing fields, where a witness has described hearing a woman screaming and a man running away late last Thursday
Speaking to the Telegraph, the witness's father, whose house overlooks the fields, said: "My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window. It was intermittent."

He went on: "The man he saw guy weren’t dressed for a night out. He weren’t dressed for the weather.

“He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back."

The playing fields back lead to the River Hull, which runs into the Humber around three miles downstream.

On Thursday afternoon a police helicopter could be seen hovering above the area and a path leading from the playing field to the river was cordoned off.

Last edited:
The sister's story is strange in that it seemingly confirms that PR picked her up, she launched at him, but it doesn't finish the story in terms of what happened next, its so ambiguous which doesn't do him any favours.
I'm inclined to think that the police have something on him otherwise why would they extend? But on the other hand I'm struggling to see how he realistically would have had enough time to hide/dispose so convincingly so that search teams just literally can't find anything?

There does not have to be a previous connection with murder, some are just random.

Extensions are normal in murder cases, they allow time for forensics to come back etc.

A lot of profiles were not locked down yesterday. I suppose my point is that if no link exists (which of course we can’t be in any way certain of) then it points to either pre-meditation or an encounter gone wrong. If Libby got into his car willingly, that leaves scope for the second option. If she was forced into the vehicle or otherwise restrained then obviously the encounter went wrong theory wouldn’t fly. I think it comes down to ‘how can Libby be THIS well concealed?’ If they have his car, his clothing, and I assume CCTV footage or tip offs about his movements to lead to his house, then surely that should also lead to a location. Unless he is a mastermind who put in heavy pre-planning.

A lot of profiles were not locked down yesterday. I suppose my point is that if no link exists (which of course we can’t be in any way certain of) then it points to either pre-meditation or an encounter gone wrong. If Libby got into his car willingly, that leaves scope for the second option. If she was forced into the vehicle or otherwise restrained then obviously the encounter went wrong theory wouldn’t fly. I think it comes down to ‘how can Libby be THIS well concealed?’ If they have his car, his clothing, and I assume CCTV footage or tip offs about his movements to lead to his house, then surely that should also lead to a location. Unless he is a mastermind who put in heavy pre-planning.

Or she's been swept down the river.

The sister's story is strange in that it seemingly confirms that PR picked her up, she launched at him, but it doesn't finish the story in terms of what happened next, its so ambiguous which doesn't do him any favours.
I'm inclined to think that the police have something on him otherwise why would they extend? But on the other hand I'm struggling to see how he realistically would have had enough time to hide/dispose so convincingly so that search teams just literally can't find anything?
Exactly. His sister has admitted to the media that Libby got into her brother's car, but she doesn't reveal when or how Libby got out of the car. It doesn't look good for him.

HULL LIVE 15.00

Police split up into groups

Our reporter at Oak Road playing fields says police have now split up into three teams.

They are searching the wooded area, the play park and the pond.

Police searching in the wooded area at Oak Road playing fields for Libby Squire

God I hope not.

In a hypothetical scenario where Libby was taken there in a car, raped, strangled and thrown in the river, how much evidence would there actually be?
Assuming the assault didn't take place in the car, and no blood was shed by either person during the struggle, and she was either pushed or thrown into the river, and there's no CCTV of the park or pond... Plus the fact it's been over a week, torrential wind, rain, snow and ice since then... Unfortunately there is probably little to no evidence whatsoever, or if there was at first, it's probably long gone due to the weather since then.

Assuming the assault didn't take place in the car, and no blood was shed by either person during the struggle, and she was either pushed or thrown into the river, and there's no CCTV of the park or pond... Plus the fact it's been over a week, torrential wind, rain, snow and ice since then... Unfortunately there is probably little to no evidence whatsoever, or if there was at first, it's probably long gone due to the weather since then.
Terrifying.

We also have to keep in mind the other facts we do actually know (which I find difficult to write)
1) she was extremely drunk
2) her mental health issues regarding the self cutting

I’m just saying that before we completely dismiss the detained mans sisters quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina