Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #3 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was Taleka Patrick...never joined in though just read the posts.

That was a fascinating case, I remember hiding in the toilets at work reading updates! I browsed for ages before signing up but I joined for Terrilynn Monette.

I don't think he'll be charged with murder, maybe abduction though. I've a horrible feeling they are clutching at straws in terms of evidence and don't have much to go on.

I fear that if she is deceased and found in water, it may be impossible to tell if she drowned accidently or was thrown in, etc...especially as more times passes. Even if she were to have injuries, being in water can cause bruising, etc...also fear that she may not be found...which would be worst possible for her family and friends as well as legally...jmo

Yeah, this is why I believe this is the most likely scenario as opposed to being among some bushes etc. You can't prove injuries sustained or accidental death that way. She is not tied up in some building, if that was so he would take a lesser charge rather than risk her passing away now and it being murder. The police just have to do all the other searching just for the tiny percentage it happened a different way. It's very hard to recall similar cases in which the outcome was positive. They rarely exist.

I’m between b and c. My gut feeling is they just haven’t got the evidence but he is the right man and they’ll keep searching as much as they can. I hope for her sake and her families that he gets the conviction he deserves. I feel very nervous for the announcement to come ......

Nope, of course people look out for each other but no one should have the responsibility to keep another drunk person safe. That is an unfair responsibility to place on someone ... especially if it all goes pear shaped.

Drinking culture and alcohol obsession is off the scale in the UK ... you can't even buy a tea towel without is having gin or prosecco references on it.

Well that’s where we disagree. I would always take responsibility. I would hope to god someone would be there for me.

High-tech cameras were used to search outbuildings in Hull near the home of the philosophy student who went missing after a night out on January 31.

The infra-red cameras are capable of detecting people who are obscured by cover and are equipped with a microphone to hear hidden subjects.

Police use infrared cameras in hunt for missing student Libby Squire | Daily Mail Online

From above:

“The infra-red cameras are capable of detecting people who are obscured by cover and are equipped with a microphone to hear hidden subjects.”

Wow this is fabulous, I can’t say I recall microphones used in a search? We could have used these in a ton of missing kids in the US who wandered off, why is this the first time I am hearing of this? Maybe it’s not and I’m just forgetting which is also entirely possible. Do we have such technology as widely available as you guys in the UK? What about the recent miraculous case of Casey, I don’t recall microphones mentioned in his case:

Boy, 3, missing since Tuesday in North Carolina, found alive

Found Alive - NC - Casey Hathaway, 3, Ernul, Craven County, 22 Jan 2019

Sorry for O/T, just making a reference note here)

I've seen this same opinion 1000 times over on social media and every time I think - No ... it should be a lesson to young men and women to not get SO blind drunk that you can't keep yourself safe from attackers, falling in water, down steps, choking on vomit or any other danger. No one is responsible for me but me and especially not another drunk person ...

I agree with you to an extent but it’s not always that simple. This case keeps reminding me of a time when I was on medication which I had drank alcohol on before and had been completely fine, apart from one night last April. I went out for a meal with a friend and had around 4-5 small glasses of wine, it was a Wednesday night and I had work in the morning so I certainly wasn’t planning on having a wild night or anything, I know my limits and this would never usually make me more than a little merry but I cannot recall anything about getting home, my fiancée picked me up from the tram station and couldn’t make any sense out of me, I got off at the completely wrong stop but luckily he managed to find me, I was sat crying but I couldn’t tell you what about. I vaguely remember falling over and people asking if I was ok, I woke up with a fractured tooth and couldn’t tell the dentist how it happened. Somtimes people don’t plan on getting as drunk as they end up. I do think one of her friends should have left with her but like already said they will already be beside themselves with guilt about that, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

( I came here to look first as the missing lad at Reading uni was where my son is , I’ve drummed it into him never go near water and always stick with mates ps I still can’t understand how he went in lake as this was not anyway near his walk home as my sons girlfriend lived in same road )

Yeah, this is why I believe this is the most likely scenario as opposed to being among some bushes etc. You can't prove injuries sustained or accidental death that way. She is not tied up in some building, if that was so he would take a lesser charge rather than risk her passing away now and it being murder. The police just have to do all the other searching just for the tiny percentage it happened a different way. It's very hard to recall similar cases in which the outcome was positive. They rarely exist.

I would say in water also. However it took them ages to find poor Gaia Pope and her clothing was in a field in the open. That was death by misadventure and people arrested on suspicion of murder and their house had a LOAD of forensic activity. It will be interesting to see if charges are brought this evening. They are leaving it all last minute. Or who knows? They may be getting him away somewhere out of the spotlight before they make any announcements.

No matter how much I tell the young adults in my family this, they ALL think they are invincible and can go home on their own!!!
Unfortunately that includes me, a 35 yr old mum of 2 teens who thought it was totally fine to walk from my friends house around the corner if we had a drink at the weekend. Husband wasn't pleased that i hadnt rang him to meet me .That was up until about 2 years ago . Wouldn't do it now though . Being confident in an area you've lived in all your life means you know you'll be safe walking that 2 minute journey right ?? No it doesn't. Absolute stupidity and not just risking myself but potentially putting my family through something simlar as again it's a dead end , dark and covered in foliage. Now as that same mum I'm sat here wondering how I can drill on to my teens about staying safe together.

All part of being young I suppose! But I hope having these stories in the spotlight really helps them to realize what’s important..

I can't help but hope that the use of infra-red cameras and microphones in the searches of the outbuildings at the rear of Libby's house suggests the police have reason to believe she's still alive and is being held captive by someone. I'd been concerned that if they've got her captor in custody and she's locked away somewhere, how's she going to survive, but if there's a second person involved, well then there's still hope. I think the police could charge their suspect for abduction, but they're determined to find her before they do so, hence the custody extensions have been granted.

First comment in a while on websleuths, but I have been lurking and reading all your comments. I am wishing the night away to find out what happens with the charges (if there is indeed any). I am inclined to think this guy has done something to LS but I feel there may be more people involved. It’s been a while since I sleuthed, my last being the case of the guy missing in a nightclub in the US (they thought he might be buried in the walls) can anyone remember who it is? I’m rubbish with names.

My thoughts on this:

Why would LS get into the car if she didn't know PR? She must have recognised him from the gym.

I agree with this mainly because no one on here has really talked about why would she decline help a few minutes earlier from soneonesahe didn't know and then accept it a few minutes later from someone she didn't.

I have a feeling if there's a convinction there's a lot we won't know before trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova