Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had been pre-drinking before though, they most likely would have been pouring their own drinks and making up their own measures! When I used to pre-drink, we would bring our own bottles of vodka or whatever we wanted to drink. We would just pour our own. Where someone might genuinely pour a single or double measure, another might just pour until their glass is half alcohol, half mixer. I'm not saying that's what she did but even though everyone had been drinking, there's a good chance that they hadn't all had the same amounts/drinks. I've definitely been the drunkest out of my friends in the past, other times, friends haven't actually made it on the night out because they drank too much beforehand!
Food is a massive factor too.

Drinking on an empty stomach can accelerate and amplify intoxication.

If all her friends had eaten before coming out and Libby had not it would easily explain the difference in their states (assuming that they drank roughly the same amount).

He might want to distance himself from the body but would he have time? If this was opportunistic then he didn't plan every detail in advance. He may have only had a short time until his wife expected him back. Police may know when he got back.

Personally I think he either got lucky in concealing the body and him not giving anything away to police about what he did has helped delay finding it......or he was at the playing fields with her and if he killed her, he put the body in the river which is next to them. They may be looking for a crime scene in the fields but not the body because it isn't there.

If police are asking about the time between last seen at 12:08 and 3AM, then he had 3 hours. We don't know what his wife was thinking, maybe she was asleep.

I still don't understand why police assume that her body was left nearby. The suspect has a car and she was last seen getting into that car. He may have assaulted her in the park, but did he leave her there or tell her to get in the car so he could take her home? If he was not seen again until 3AM, he could have gone anywhere.

This is where CCTV cameras and routes becomes really important. Does anyone have a link to the CCTV locations in Hull?

The first press appeal was around 11am.

They wouldn't put out an appeal within an hour.

Sure one of the police reports said she was reported missing at 3am.

I read that police were interested in the time period between midnight and 3AM. Is that a mistake?

It makes more sense that a public appeal is put out within an hour of an endangered missing person report.

I asked towards end of previous thread but it was late so only a few answered ;

Without looking at arrested mans car photos ( don’t look at them )
Play the cctv of smoking man at car and say if you think it’s 2 doors or 4 doors please ?
I thought 2 door on first impression but am no expert

Here's the CCTV map link: My Hull

Search for a location then tick CCTV in 'Local Information' in sidebar.

Here's the two nearest ones to Libby's bench (marked as a pink square) on Beverley Road.

Attachments

• CCTV merged.jpg
    CCTV merged.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
A lot is being made of her friends “not helping her”. They did help, by putting her in a taxi. It’s very easy after the fact to say people should have done x, y or z, but at the time they were all ready for a night out, and an annoying drunk friend was probably not part of the plan. I imagine the sane scenario has happened countless times amongst their friend groups, and it’s only when something bad happens that people call it into question.

Libby and her friends are not children, they are adults. There’s been a lot of infantilising and referring to her being a “young girl” when she’s a woman. I’ve been turned away from pubs or clubs in my younger days, generally for giving the bouncers too much attitude while drunk, and I wouldn’t have expected my friends to curtail their night out because I’d been stupid. I would have either gone home or wandered off to another establishment that would have let me in.

So we know they realised as soon as they got home that she was missing? Just not at what time this was?

Nope. we do not KNOW anything. However.... for the police to have issued a missing person statement the same morning, we can probably infer that they'd done a few hours of preliminary enquiries by then. Like checking with her friends, phoning her parents, enquiring whether the taxi company had journey records. The 11:30 statement wouldn't have happened so quickly if the friends had called them at (e.g.) 10am.

There is no magical 24 hour wait to report a missing person

Correct, the 24 hour thing is a myth

Something like 98% of people reported missing are found within 24/48 hours, so you can understand why the police usually hold back to see whether they'll turn up. However, sometimes they just know something bad has happened to the person, as with this case.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/libby-squire-missing-latest-hull-university-disappear-hull-welly-club-lisa-squire-humberside-police-a8760821.html

Are we discounting this quote in the Independent by her mum which suggests Libby DID enter her property? I think the simple answer to most things in this case is we don’t know. We don’t know if she entered her house, what time she was reported missing, where EXACTLY she was at 12:05am or even in which direction she was heading when seen by neighbours opposite. Until police provide a further update, everything unconfirmed is conjecture. Frustrating, but let’s hope police have good reason for not making the available facts public. I’m sure they do.

Good find and great mapping but a couple of glaring inaccuracies in the first couple of minutes. Libby was NOT dropped off at the bench, and Libby did NOT live in the area he circled.
Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't got to watch it myself yet, I just came across the video on twitter.

" if" he did drive her down towards her house or park he had to end up back on the same main rd where the bus stop bench was ...all roads lead back to that main rd and likely CCTV so the police would know how long he was in that area

I don't know. There seems to be an awful lot of speculation about why she did not go home when the taxi dropped her off at home. Was it all about the keys, or was she truly too intoxicated to walk to her own front door?

If all her friends were equally intoxicated, why was she the only person singled out as too intoxicated to have another drink?

I've been in this situation. I'm really quiet normally but after a few I turn into the gobby one. Door men usually think they're God's so she maybe wasn't as drunk as she's made out to be but if she answered a door man back he's probably used it as reason not to let her in.

Also, if you're that way inclined and like to be the last one standing on night out going back to an empty house would be a massive disappointment. I've wandered round drunk when I was that age. I've got into cars with strangers. The sad fact is you think you're invincible at that age. It's only looking back years later, you realise how foolish it actually is. Drinking can give you that feeling you're going to miss out on something earth shattering if you don't keep up and stay out a little longer. For me at that age anyway.

Are we discounting this quote in the Independent by her mum which suggests Libby DID enter her property? I think the simple answer to most things in this case is we don’t know. We don’t know if she entered her house, what time she was reported missing, where EXACTLY she was at 12:05am or even in which direction she was heading when seen by neighbours opposite. Until police provide a further update, everything unconfirmed is conjecture. Frustrating, but let’s hope police have good reason for not making the available facts public. I’m sure they do.

Missing Hull student made it home before disappearance, says mother

I think her mum just knew (from the police) that the taxi dropped her off at her address .... it just sounds like ‘home’ was inside but it’s actually just at her adddress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raja5367