Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree. Looks like many people slip on the ice in the video. She doesn't look all that stumbly to me.

Hmm she looks to be the only one visibly falling around imo. The ground was just wet at that point, not iced over, only the grass near them is. It wouldn't have been slippery. Her walk would almost always get you refused entry.

Unlikely. You can record public areas as much as you want and the police can't restrict that, it's your footage to do as you please. The media probably paid them for the footage.

I thought the rule was that you CANT record public roads, at least that's what the police told me when I had a burglary and I was asking neighbours if anyone had CCTV

Yes, that’s what I saw...at 0.07 at the start she appears to flick her hair & put something up to her ear, very much what I would do if answering my phone. Then later at o.12 I think she appears to take a phone out of her pocket, I think around 0.13/14 you can see her holding it out in front of her as would when walking with your phone/dialling or answering a call??

Money? Compact mirror to see how she looked before entering the queue? Probably something simple rather than her having another phone with no explanation.

Yes, that’s what I saw...at 0.07 at the start she appears to flick her hair & put something up to her ear, very much what I would do if answering my phone. Then later at o.12 I think she appears to take a phone out of her pocket, I think around 0.13/14 you can see her holding it out in front of her as would when walking with your phone/dialling or answering a call??

Possibly but as TTWO said and I think I saw the same at the start of the footage about 0.07 I think she appears to put something to her ear?

I reckon she's getting out her ID then just raises her hand to pull hair out of her face.

I thought she got something out of pocket too .... (she wouldn’t have a second cheap phone with her would she to take out on drinking nights ? Could be she’s getting cash out to pay ? )
Have another look...at about 0.07 at the start of footage the camera angle is behind her but she appears to flick her hair back & put phone to her ear...as I would do when answering/calling on my phone. Then from the other camera angle at around 0.12 I think it’s a phone as she seems to hold it in front of her as you would a phone..??

I thought the rule was that you CANT record public roads, at least that's what the police told me when I had a burglary and I was asking neighbours if anyone had CCTV

You can record any public area, roads, streets, people etc. You just can't record places of privacy such as in a persons bedroom window. The police don't often even know simple laws, and if a police officer attempts to stop your recording in public at whatever and touches you it is a case of battery and the police force will always pay out compensation.

*Edit* I forgot to state the obvious that plenty of people have dash-cam cameras which are recording the public roads, police included who are not above the law when it comes to filming.

Last edited:
Money? Compact mirror to see how she looked before entering the queue? Probably something simple rather than her having another phone with no explanation.
You’re right it probably is something simple. It just appears to me like she is using her phone. I’m not saying she had another phone that wouldn’t make sense I don’t think. I just wondered if it was her phone or possibly one of her friends. I don’t know, just what I think I see. JMO

I have been a taxi driver for 26 years so I suppose I am qualified to answer some of the points raised.
The first thing that needs confirming is whether the taxi was a private hire car or a hackney. Hackney carriages can pick up off the street or taxi rank without a booking behind made but a private hire car would require to be booked by phone or app.
The private hire option is much safer as all bookings must be recorded by the taxi company by law.
I am a private hire driver and in the town where I work there are approximately 700 private hire cars as opposed to 20 Hackney vehicles.
From experience young people tend to book private hire cars as this is both more convenient and also cheaper.
As it is alleged that LS did not have her phone it is most likely a friend or someone from the club would have did this on her behalf. If in fact a phv was booked, which I feel is most likely then a certain amount of information is required to be recorded by the operator but in truth much more information is actually recorded than is legally required.
When booking is made the time of the call is logged to the 10th of a second as is the time the booking is despatched to the car. The record will then show what vehicle is given the job and which driver is driving the car. The telephone number that booked the car is also recorded or the user details if booked by app. To use the app the customer is required to pre register with their personal details including phone number and email address.
Now let’s consider what happened the night LS went missing.
Allegedly she got the taxi “ around 11 “. This probably means the taxi was booked at this time. The driver issued with the job may have been a few minutes away from the pick up location so may not have arrived there until a few minutes later,say 11.10. By the time he located LS and she got in the car could have added another few minutes. When the driver dropped her off he would then press the computer in the car to tell the office he had dropped off and this time would have been recorded by the office computer.
This probably accounts for the rough time of the pick up and accurate time of the drop off.

Great post, it's nice to hear from a taxi driver.

I have a question and I wonder if you could answer it for me because it's been bugging me. If Libby was as drunk as media are suggesting (falling over and such) would a taxi driver take her home because of risk of vomiting and damage to the vehicle? I know where I live if you are seen to be very drunk they can and regularly do refuse to take you because it could put them out of action for the night whilst they clear up?

in my opinion Libbys mum overstates that she got home to put her Friends mind at rest who put her in the taxi. Can you imagine how guilty that girl must feel niw ( not that i think she has any reason too)

The new cctv to me shows a very drunk libby, ive been in that state enough to know lol

I think it’s almost impossible to tell from that footage a) if she was drunk enough to get turned away from the club or b) if she was drunk enough to be easily taken advantage of about 40 minutes later.

She certainly doesn’t look absolutely hammered in that footage, but it’s very very brief. And who knows how she may have been talking. Plus Doormen can pick up on tiny little things, can be almost random at times, and once they’ve decided you’re drunk you’ve no chance.

If they were pre-drinking, and it’s only a 5 minute taxi ride, whatever she was drinking towards the end of the house party won’t have hit her yet. And it’s right at the end that you tend to down drinks, or consume as much as possible to prepare for the night ahead. So if she was already tipsy, it’s entirely plausible she could have been in a far worse state just half an hour later.

That changes a lot for me. I don't see her there as being paralytically drunk, off her head at all. Wobbly, yes, and probably added to by the slippery slightly icy pavements and her footwear.
I really don't see her as being so drunk she wouldn't be allowed into a club, especially a student one.

Also as to why she didn't go into her house. Maybe she never wanted to. If her friend put her in a taxi and gave them the address he might have just headed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina