Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having viewed it a few times, it definitely looks like taking a phone out and then raising it to answer to me. Interesting.
I’ve been watching it over and over and this is what I see. Her body (or should I say phone language!?) seems obvious to me. Going with my original observation..I believe she had her phone with her. Not another phone but her actual phone. Police statement said it was found ‘at the property’ only MSM and her friend Ryan said in her room & I’m guessing that was only an assumption at that point by him. I’m probably wrong but that’s what I think

You can record any public area, roads, streets, people etc. You just can't record places of privacy such as in a persons bedroom window. The police don't often even know simple laws, and if a police officer attempts to stop your recording in public at whatever and touches you it is a case of battery and the police force will always pay out compensation.

*Edit* I forgot to state the obvious that plenty of people have dash-cam cameras which are recording the public roads, police included who are not above the law when it comes to filming.

Thank you for clarifying, my incident was before the advent of widely available dashcams but I do remember that the police mentioned to a local business something along the lines of not being allowed to have their CCTV recording further than the edge of their premises

Regarding phone , some young people do have a back up cheap phone for taking out so if they break it , lose it or have it stolen it doesn’t matter so much

I don’t see her as being ‘drunk’ like I imagined , no friends are holding her up , they aren’t worried particularly about her , just looks like another club night out

what if she was trying to act sober so she wasnt refused. To me she is unsteafy on her feet but agreed not what you call blind drunk.

That changes a lot for me. I don't see her there as being paralytically drunk, off her head at all. Wobbly, yes, and probably added to by the slippery slightly icy pavements and her footwear.
Agree. Someone else appears to slip on the same icy stretch several seconds after her and for a good portion of time when she is standing in the crowd you can see that her legs are still. She is standing straight and not keeling over or stumbling about.

Watching the new Welly video is so upsetting. So haunting. To think just minutes later she disappeared entirely off the radar, and we do not know what fate befell her. Neither did she have any idea what was about to happen. Sorry to state the obvious, but it's such a morbid feeling. Crazily sad and frustrating. :(

I really don't see her as being so drunk she wouldn't be allowed into a club, especially a student one.

Also as to why she didn't go into her house. Maybe she never wanted to. If her friend put her in a taxi and gave them the address he might have just headed there.

It's the student night not really just a student club. Nothing is relaxed, from what I know of the doors you will not get inside if you're unsteady on your feet or your speaking is slurred, you don't have to be unable to walk. They would have noticed her a little drunk and then asked her a few questions and her responses were probably slurred or an indication of being too drunk. If you allow in people that are rather drunk at the start of the night there is a high chance you will eject them at some point, possibly by ambulance and the club can then lose its license.

what if she was trying to act sober so she wasnt refused. To me she is unsteafy on her feet but agreed not what you call blind drunk.

To be honest I probably look worse walking home from the pub each Friday night , even if she was trying to look sober and friends knew she was really drunk you’d have thought they would be all round her in a group .

I feel like there is something weird about this new CCTV footage.
Those businesses where it could be seen from are furniture shops, or a hairdresser, by the looks?
CCTV doesn't usually wobble that much, does it? It sounds like its from inside and it moves a little. It almost looks a little creepy to me. Like someone was maybe watching Libby? Or is my imagination running too wild?

EDIT: On a closer look - there is an internet cafe above those buildings. Even worse!!

Having viewed it a few times, it definitely looks like taking a phone out and then raising it to answer to me. Interesting.

Just a thought, could she be raising something that's not a phone to her ear by mistake which then leads the door staff to think wow she's drunk or on something? I attend many festivals where drugs are rife (don't take any personally and don't particularly drink either so in notice all sorts of goings on) the amount of people I see holding up their shoe/welly as a phone or some random object whilst they are lost and looking around for friends is unreal!

Watching the new Welly video is so upsetting. So haunting. To think just minutes later she disappeared entirely off the radar, and we do not know what fate befell her. Neither did she have any idea what was about to happen. Sorry to state the obvious, but it's such a morbid feeling. Crazily sad and frustrating. :(
Absolutely. Extremely sad viewing.

I feel like there is something weird about this new CCTV footage.
Those businesses where it could be seen from are furniture shops, or a hairdresser, by the looks?
CCTV doesn't usually wobble that much, does it? It sounds like its from inside and it moves a little. It almost looks a little creepy to me. Like someone was maybe watching Libby? Or is my imagination running too wild?

The footage timestamp is static in the top right corner. The camera was therefore static and the footage as it was released was recorded from a playback on a TV, perhaps using a mobile phone.

Another thing from that footage...she appears to walk back to her friend on her own? She’s on her own when she walks up to the person who then walks to taxi with her. Is that a queue to get in to the Welly and her other friend is further back in the queue so she gets refused and then goes to tell him/her. So the first person she was walking with got in and she didn’t or did a call change her plans? JMO

To be honest I probably look worse walking home from the pub each Friday night , even if she was trying to look sober and friends knew she was really drunk you’d have thought they would be all round her in a group .

lol sadly my friday nights now consist of a quiet drink at home... sigh. would they want to draw attention to her though or just act casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina