Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Missing woman Libby Squire | Humberside Police

Can you help find missing Libby Squire (21) last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club in Hull at around 11pm last night?

She is 5ft 7ins tall with shoulder length brown hair and was wearing a black long sleeved top, leather jacket and black denim skirt with lace.

If you have seen her please call 101 quoting log 29 of 01/02/19.

upload_2019-2-2_10-21-48.jpegupload_2019-2-2_10-25-38.jpeg

Humberside Police

Woman, 21, missing after last being seen getting into taxi on night out

Huge search for missing Libby Squire continues

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin note:
Websleuths operates differently than other sites. It may be difficult to understand our rules in the beginning but when you have been here awhile you begin to appreciate the reasoning behind the rules. Primarily, we respect the integrity of a case by keeping out rumors and we also uphold protecting the innocent and peripheral players in a case.

New members need to read the following terms of service in their entirety. Members are responsible for knowing our rules and posting accordingly.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Please be mindful of the following:
* We do not sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* We do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI.

* We never post the name of a private individual, minor or adult, who has not been named in the media.

* Questions about the rules or moderation should be addressed to a mod in a private message called a conversation. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, do not reply as it will cause a huge clean up for mods. Alert the post so a mod can look at the post.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

Here is some information regarding our social media rules in case you missed it on the last thread.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

In summary, only the bolded blue are allowed to be discussed here.

If anyone is still not clear about the rules please contact me or another moderator via private message/conversation before posting.

Just bringing this forward from thread #2

Timeline:

11pm ish Libby gets in taxi at Welly
11:18pm Libby turned away from Welly, 11:22pm Libby put in taxi
11:29 Taxi drops her near home on Wellesley Av. Neighbours saw her stumbling in street.
11:40 - 11:45 caught on CCTV on bench. Around this time grey beard man stopped to offer assistance, she declined, police have cleared him
11:49ish PR? car arrives on Haworth Street (per ITV CCTV)
12:04-12:06 ish man smoking (CCTV)
12:08 passenger door opens and someone/something is on passenger seat
(CCTV)
12:09 car drives away (CCTV)

12:09 police say Libby had left the bench by now
12:19 the same car (tbc) seen Newland Av (per Sun CCTV)
12:15-12:30ish dark and eerie screams coming from park for 15 minutes
12:30ish man seen running from park
12:30ish scream and banging gate heard from Heathcote St near Libbys house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conversations in your inbox:
One other important thing new members may not be aware of. You may start a conversation in your inbox and invite up to 20 members to converse. The conversations in the inbox area are totally private and are not moderated. Moderators cannot see it. Therefore, you can discuss rumor or other information which is against TOS in the private conversation area. The conversations have the same lay out as the public threads. The conversations can be started at any time. When a thread is closed the discussion can continue in that area.

Do not mention or ask someone to invite you to a conversation or to send you a private message out on the open discussion public board. If you want information from a member just initiate a conversation with them privately.

admin note:
These type of cases are emotional and tensions build when the victim cannot be found. Keep the discussion civil and respectful or face the loss of posting privileges. FYI Mods have the capability of issuing (individual member) thread reply bans which can be temporary (days, week, etc.) or permanent.

If you are particularly bothered by posts you have the ability to place a member on your ignore list. You will not be able to see their responses but will be able to see when someone quotes them.

University of Hull‏Verified account @UniOfHull
Today, Libby Squire's parents have released these new photos of Libby along with a statement. #HelpFindLibby
27a1.png
http://ow.ly/Y1wp30nGBJB We've been moved by the incredible support during this difficult time and ask that anyone with information concerning Libby contact @Humberbeat

DzSz3MwWkAA9Zii.jpg

University of Hull on Twitter

I am struggling with whether police know exactly what they are doing by sticking only to the park or if they simply have no other leads and don’t know where else to search.

Normally, I credit LE with doing everything for very specific reasons, but after reading about the crime explosion in Hull over recent times and some opinions of the local police and their (lack of) effectiveness from locals...don’t know what to think.

Also...from what I gather with regards to UK law, unless new evidence is found, or a confession drops into their lap, PR cannot be hauled back in with reference to Libby’s disappearance. Correct me, any UK legal experts...

Last edited:
Bringing forward the witness statements:

@12.15 through 12.30
Male witness who lives in house overlooking fields: “I woke at about quarter past 12 and there was a scream. It sounded like a woman’s scream towards the back of the park, where the river bank and pond is. Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes. “They sounded eerie, they sounded dark. Then I saw a male running."
Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished
Same witness' father: "My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window. He said it sounded like he was moving. It was intermittent. The man he saw wasn't dressed for a night out. He wasn't dressed for the weather. He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back."
Libby Squire: Police examining CCTV footage which may show missing student

@12.30
The concerned mum of two, who lives in nearby Heathcote Street near where it joins Wellesley Avenue, said: “We did hear screaming at 12.30 on Thursday night. “I was just in bed reading. We do get a lot of students who live in the road that Libby lives in who use this road as a cut through. “They go past screaming, shouting and singing. It’s not unusual. “But this made us sit up. It sounded like someone being attacked. The scream sounded like it was coming from someone who was scared. “It was someone walking quite close past our house. It was just one female scream. “Then we heard other voices muttering very low, murmuring and then more screams and more male voices. “Then we heard the slamming of a door. It sounded like a wooden door or a garden gate. “It was just very odd,” added the woman, a Hull University graduate whose dad is a retired policeman. “We didn’t think about it again until the police came round knocking on everybody’s doors on Saturday,” she recalled. “We talked about it and remembered the scream and rang 101.”“It was really shrill and urgent. It made me sit up and think ‘Oh my God’.
Libby Squire's neighbour claims to have heard a woman’s "blood curdling" scream

I am struggling with whether police know exactly what they are doing by sticking only to the park or if they simply have no other leads and don’t know where else to search.

Normally, I credit LE with doing everything for very specific reasons, but after reading about the crime explosion in Hull over recent times and some opinions of the local police and their (lack of) effectiveness from locals...don’t know what to think.

That's something that interests me as well. From reading about too many men who abduct and murder girls and women, one point that has surfaced is that the victims are quite often assaulted shortly after abduction, and then taken somewhere else, assaulted again, and then murdered. With the 3 hour window of time, this seems like a very real possibility.

I just had a thought. Maybe they are searching the pond for something belonging to the suspect, such as clothing or a bag. Maybe they knew what he was wearing or had with him that night as witnessed by his wife and when they searched the house the things were missing. Clothes missing within that time frame would mean he has disposed of them because they have evidence of a crime on them.

The fact that they are now releasing more footage makes me think that they really need new leads. Before, I felt like LE were keeping information to themselves to protect the investigation.

Also...from what I gather with regards to UK law, unless new evidence is found, or a confession drops into their lap, PR cannot be hauled back in with reference to Libby’s disappearance. Correct me, any UK legal experts...

Unrelated article from Jan 2015 that could shed light on the lack of police divers in the river?
Professional scuba diver finds body of missing student in seconds as police are told underwater search is too dangerous

Gist: police divers weren't allowed to dive the Wear on health and safety grounds, although they'd searched from the surface using cameras on poles; a commercial diver who knew the river well went ahead and found the student's body in under a minute.

The Wear at Durham's far wider, I know. However although the Hull through the park doesn't look intimidating, people have drowned at Kingswood a few miles north, where it's similarly benign-looking, rather like a canal.

Suspected shoplifter drowns in river
Mum drowned in River Hull after losing job as Tesco pharmacist

Edited to add... and closer to the location of this case, a man drowned in the Hull after last being seen at Beverley/Clough roads.
Body in river thought to be missing father of two

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few parks where there is a house within the boundaries, like the red brick house in Oak Road park. If the land was part of an estate, single houses are usually lodges, and you can get workers houses as well, for gardeners, stable hands etc, that have been converted for current occupany. There appear to be several residents reporting the screams, so it's either the workers houses or they live on a residential street very close to the park.

Maybe semantics, but could it mean the running man was in sight for 40 yards, then disappeared from view?

I've noticed that the Telegraph reports 'six or seven screams' but this says 'One resident said: “I woke at about quarter past 12 and there was a scream. It sounded like a woman’s scream towards the back of the park, where the river bank and pond is. Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes." ' MBIB; we are referring to screams for 15 minutes, but it doesn't add up to that long.

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro...ws/libby-squire-girl-heard-screaming-13968019

I personally think police are getting colder and colder as the hours and days go on and couldn’t be further away from finding Libby. Not sure why they’re focussing so much on the pond and the playing fields. The river needs to be looked at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628