Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, long-time lurker here. This case feels so close to home for me, as I lived in that area in my own student days. In the first few days police asked anyone who had been in Haworth Street that night to come forward, so maybe the cyclist and other driver came forward at that time.

I do find the police statement yesterday hopeful.

"More work is now taking place behind the scenes rather than in public view. However this does not mean the investigation is slowing or coming to an end, it is exactly the opposite and is very much active and ongoing."

I'd wanted something more concrete so we could discuss it, but at least they're not saying, we're out of ideas, for god's sake could the public give us a lead! Rather, we've more than enough to be sifting through, let us get on with it!

I know there's an element of managing public expectation in these press conferences, but hopeful we might see a second arrest soon.

Concern is growing for Libby Squire, a University of Hull student, who was seen getting into a taxi outside Welly on Beverley Road at around 11pm on Thursday, January 31.

She was later seen on the street, near the junction with Beresford Avenue at about 11.45pm, when a man got out of his car to stop and help her.

Fears grow for missing Libby Squire as search resumes
Goodness me you’re brave - would have given me the creeps!
Long time reader and first time poster here... I do think it’s telling that the park has not been extensively searched. Even if they were working from intelligence gained from PR you would assume they would err on the side of caution and look throughout just in case?? I’m inclined to think that they are saving face for the MSM by showing small bouts of activity each day.

I just do not understand the searches of the park.

I was chatting with coppers yesterday and it seems that the reasons for cordoning off the areas of the pond at first WAS NOT to preserve the forensic scene and keep the public from contaminating the area. It was simply for the reason to prevent the public from the possibility of witnessing a body being pulled out.

I don't think they were looking for some forensic traces like footprints or car tracks.

I think the park is an element in this ONLY because a positive ID has her NEAR the park, because Wellesley and Beresford are NEAR the park. They don't actually have a strong notion that she went in there, it's just a possibility because it is located nearby. There is nothing that indicates she went in there, therefore they are only trying to prove a negative in the park. Therefore they are not actually looking for anything in there, they are just looking FOR SOMETHING in there.

It is like a dog that has the last scent of a footprint... it's aimlessly sniffing around a wide area at the end of the trail looking for ANYTHING that might give an indication.

The Police who were searching yesterday were pretty aimless and non-committal, they were just doing it for the process, there was no BELIEF that they were even looking for something.

They are just crossing off the last 't's and dotting the last 'i's in the park for the sake of process and ellimination.

Either - she is in the water, probably the river, and the area is so disturbed that finding evidence of that is almost impossible.

OR - she was never in the park, and this is all about the cars involved.

Do you really think with resources these days that the police and other search and rescue agencies will use manpower, equipment and helicopters, and incur all the hidden costs like overtime and accommodation, to put on a show for MMS? And would you call this 'small bouts of activity'?:

Yes 100%

I was chatting with coppers yesterday and it seems that the reasons for cordoning off the areas of the pond at first WAS NOT to preserve the forensic scene and keep the public from contaminating the area. It was simply for the reason to prevent the public from the possibility of witnessing a body being pulled out.

I don't think they were looking for some forensic traces like footprints or car tracks.

I think the park is an element in this ONLY because a positive ID has her NEAR the park, because Wellesley and Beresford are NEAR the park. They don't actually have a strong notion that she went in there, it's just a possibility because it is located nearby. There is nothing that indicates she went in there, therefore they are only trying to prove a negative in the park. Therefore they are not actually looking for anything in there, they are just looking FOR SOMETHING in there.

It is like a dog that has the last scent of a footprint... it's aimlessly sniffing around a wide area at the end of the trail looking for ANYTHING that might give an indication.

The Police who were searching yesterday were pretty aimless and non-committal, they were just doing it for the process, there was no BELIEF that they were even looking for something.

They are just crossing off the last 't's and dotting the last 'i's in the park for the sake of process and ellimination.

Either - she is in the water, probably the river, and the area is so disturbed that finding evidence of that is almost impossible.

or PR was seen/ phone pings in the park before he was arrested.

As there has been no appeal yet for the biker or the Renault, do we think these could be also be connected?

I keep thinking about the park and how the searches have been going around that area, it seems to me that they have some inclination that they went to that park but I don't think they are certain,
I really hope the searches done around there was not just based on hear say from the near by neighbours,
I never really understood why they didn't do an arm in arm search of the area like you would see in most missing cases when they search an area,
It really does seem like a little search here a little there,
You can see by the recent photos put up that some places seem untouched that you would think should be checked.

BBM - imo they aren't appealing for them because they know they are NOT connected

The park searching is difficult, they can't cover the whole area, they can close the park to the public and preserve any evidence - what do they do for the best? Piecemeal searching doesn't seem an effective way to do it

JMO

or PR was seen/ phone pings in the park before he was arrested.

Maybe he was in the area of the park 'cruising' between Beverley Road and the Beresford entrance to the park and during that 'cruise' he randomly encountered Libby?

HOWEVER - the one MAJOR thing about is his offending history - there is a cluster of offences, all of the same type in immediate proximity to his home - spying on and burgling his close neighbours - then there is ONE offence of public indecency, which is utterly different to burglaring, which occurred along Wellesley 10 days before she went missing.

I believe this is significant. Why Wellesley? There is nothing special along Wellesley, it's decent family homes, it's not like it's crammed with student nurses in halls or large scale student HMOs. The students along there are utterly blended in with the family homes and you cannot spot them, unlike along other streets (around Newland) that are clearly majority student HMOs.

Perhaps, on one of his perv cruises, he noticed Libby sloshing home drunk one night, and noted whereabouts she lived, and made sure to check up again around midnight on successive cruises, waiting for her to be staggering to her door alone.

What happened on the night of his offending in Wellesley to bring him from Newland Avenue to Wellesley? Was he already aware of Libby by then and watching her waiting for an opportunity?

AND did he walk or drive to Wellesley from Raglan Street that night? I am willing to bet that when he was along Wellesley 'offending' that night that he parked his car along Haworth Street in the same spot. (How did the Police know about this particular offence? Was it captured/reported on cctv? Or did he film himself on his phone?)

Talking to the chap from the local paper, he was echoing the thoughts about trafficking. If that is a possibility, it may be that PR has more to gain/lose from his associates than he has from the British Police or justice system, if we're looking Eastern Europe/Russia way. Especially if PR is being briefed.

We are faced with 2 horrific scenarios;

1) something horrific has happened to this poor girl
2) the Police HAVE NOTHING and will have nothing

Last edited:
It seems the park is all or nothing about this case.

I think the most significant thing about the park is if it turns out NOT to be significant at all. If the park is ruled out then surely she has been taken somewhere in car?

Someone mentioned a second guy involved. If there was a second man involved, then there is likely a second car.

Scenario:
Libby is drugged so that she is able to walk for herself, but not resist too much. (OR she is drunk enough for that to happen without drugs, but not so drunk she cannot walk)

Libby and PR enter the park environs in PRs car, then walk into the park.

They leave the park on foot via a different exit, enter a second car...

...and all trace is gone.

I'm trying to think of what possible places might be local to there, now they have already done a search of the allotments, does anyone local know if the car scrap place is still there, I'm pretty sure it was not far from the allotments but I can't be 100%

Maybe he was in the area of the park 'cruising' between Beverley Road and the Beresford entrance to the park and during that 'cruise' he randomly encountered Libby?

HOWEVER - the one MAJOR thing about is his offending history - there is a cluster of offences, all of the same type in immediate proximity to his home - spying on and burgling his close neighbours - then there is ONE offence of public indecency, which is utterly different to burglaring, which occurred along Wellesley 10 days before she went missing.

I believe this is significant. Why Wellesley? There is nothing special along Wellesley, it's decent family homes, it's not like it's crammed with student nurses in halls or large scale student HMOs. The students along there are utterly blended in with the family homes and you cannot spot them, unlike along other streets (around Newland) that are clearly majority student HMOs.

Perhaps, on one of his perv cruises, he noticed Libby sloshing home drunk one night, and noted whereabouts she lived, and made sure to check up again around midnight on successive cruises, waiting for her to be staggering to her door alone.

What happened on the night of his offending in Wellesley to bring him from Newland Avenue to Wellesley? Was he already aware of Libby by then and watching her waiting for an opportunity?

AND did he walk or drive to Wellesley from Raglan Street that night? I am willing to bet that when he was along Wellesley 'offending' that night that he parked his car along Haworth Street in the same spot. (How did the Police know about this particular offence? Was it captured/reported on cctv? Or did he film himself on his phone?)

Talking to the chap from the local paper, he was echoing the thoughts about trafficking. If that is a possibility, it may be that PR has more to gain/lose from his associates than he has from the British Police or justice system, if we're looking Eastern Europe/Russia way. Especially if PR is being briefed.

We are faced with 2 horrific scenarios;

1) something horrific has happened to this poor girl
2) the Police HAVE NOTHING and will have nothing

‘Offending history’ we don’t know he has one ? He’s only been charged

Ive repeatedly watched the Howarth St cctv and its pretty clear that a woman gets in the passenger side.
The only way out of Howarth St is onto Cottingham Rd. If he was turning right away from the park it looks like PriceCrunch cctv cameras on the corner would have caught him , if , as is more in line with most theories he turned left towards Libby's home and oak road park he would have had to have gone through the juction with Beverley Road and thats got a big cctv camera.
So its a logical assumption to make that the police got his reg number from cctv and identified him, leading to his arrest on suspicion of abduction.
He may be saying he dropped her near her house on Wellesley Avenue and went alone to the park afterwards and had a *advertiser censored* on the bench and then shot off home and depending on the existence or lack of additional cctv between wellesley and oak road park there may be nothing to either prove or disprove this story. Its only a few hundred meteres from the end of Wellesley Avenue to Oak Rd park so the window for being seen by cctv isnt wide.
So it could be the police just dont have that critical bit of evidence that conclusively incriminates him for the crime we imagine has happened.
As Stella8 pointed out someone who flashes and stands there staring in windows dosnt sound like a mastermind criminal , more a impulsive thrill seeker so could he just have got amazingly lucky that all evidence has just disappeared.

Totally how I see it !

I’m about to head down to the park and photograph distances etc. It seems to me (sorry if this was discussed and I missed it) but time to drive from Haworth into park then returning to be seen on Newland leaves so little time. More likely as already said a 2nd car near park or on surrounding streets or drop off at a house near park. Or take to Raglan house. Just my opinion but timings don’t add up for the distances involved. If it helps I will dash cam with timing driving from Haworth to the park carpark tonight around the same time cctv caught the car on Haworth. Then I’ll do the same but head to the house on Wellesley. Finally I’ll go down Newlands. I hope nobody minds me doing this, yes it feels weird doing it but I think it will help us.

I think they may also be taking the screams in the park seriously aswell as have phone pings or even an admission from him being in the park

I think it would be unrealistic for them to seal off the whole park for forensics especially a few days after her going missing

Sadly as per my posts yesterday it does appear they've only searched a fraction of the places someone might dispose of a body, and virtually none of the reeds along the river. I don't know what their strategy is, but it's sad... and a bit concerning. Let's just hope they know something we don't. Otherwise, it doesn't exactly bode well for their competence.

When I spoke with the Police round the Park yesterday I asked them about the use of cordons because it was puzzling me. Why the cordons had been removed but they were still 'searching'.

As you've all seen from the locals here, Google maps can't give you a true sense not only of the scale, but also the scope and connectivity of this park to it's surroundings.

The coppers all said it would have been impossible for the authorities to lock the park down in any meaningful sense for an forensic search. it's too big an area with too many porous boundaries.

There was a resignation in their faces... I saw nothing from those coppers except blanks, yeah I know they are trained to be guarded with their speech, but in regards to the park, THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING TO GO ON, they are not working to any theory or pattern, they are not looking for any specific implement, traces, not definitively looking for a body, "is she in here" - "??? blank ???"

(...) there is ONE offence of public indecency, which is utterly different to burglaring, which occurred along Wellesley 10 days before she went missing.(...)
Doesn't detract from your point at all, but just to note the Boxing Day 2018 Malvern Ave incident has him standing in a dark corner in an alley as three women pass, exposing himself, before peering through their window - so there have been two occurences of exposure. The police only charge him with the voyeurism bit though; then the incident isn't listed in court at all the following day - someone emailed the court reporter to ask why, but didn't get an answer as far as I know.)
Strange man flashes women - then peeps through their windows at home

It's an interesting one for me because it could show his method is circling specific individuals, as you say, rather than spontaneous/random. He gets interested in particular women, knows where to lie in wait in the street for them, shows them what he's got, watches through their windows, then possibly at a later date, burgles them for trophies. He gains a weird sort of intimacy with various fantasy 'girlfriends', with no direct physical contact, as far as we know.

A few posts back people were debating about planned vs. unplanned and how the suspect shouldn't have got away with a crime because there would be evidence such as blood, soil disturbance in the park which would be obvious.
My theory is that L may have been drunk and got some way to the park believing whatever story he presented, or she was a bit too 'blahh' to really notice. After all, it's only a few minutes drive to there. Or she possibly went near the park under her own steam and he followed her.
At some point he produced a knife or got her by the neck and said he would kill her so she'd comply, then he marched her to the park and assaulted her. He may have been hurting her or causing her to lose consciousness which is why she couldn't get away and wouldn't necessarily try and struggle at all stages. Many people when attacked have a survival instinct to 'freeze' not fight. At some point, and nearer the water he strangled her (which would leave no blood) and pushed her into the water, this would leave no marks at the waters edge.
From there all he needed to do was get home ( man seen running from the park) and dispose of or wash any clothes he had on at the time.
With this scenario, there could be clothing or possessions in the park but with it being 75 acres the chances of finding the route they walked would be slim.
If anything I would say it was opportunistic but the suspect knew what to do in terms of subduing a woman and sadly, how to dispose of her without leaving much trace, as in he's done similar things before. Hell there are even men who drive around with 'rape kits' of rope and tape etc. in case they see a suitable target and they don't get caught for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member