Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on that red-roofed house as well, anyone know what the vertical structure is, above the guttering? Just in case it helps ID whether this is a domestic dwelling or something else. I may be misreading the picture and it's something behind the house though.

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 11.07.53.png

sorry for the question, because I am sure it's been spoken about already...can someone give a brief description of the "found key"? I have been following closely but have not been able to catch up yet on the posts since the press conference. thanks so much!
A few posts back, someone reported that there is a local Facebook page which lists lost property. It lists that there was a key found on Beverley Road on 1 February.

Yes, please, if you are able to check the pedestrian only alleyway (is it the 'tenfoot'?) that lies in between Wellesley and Heathcote, at the back of those section of houses approx 34 - 28 Wellesley. Particularly if all the Wellesley back gardens have gates onto this alleyway, and what it looks like (paved path, grass, rubble underfoot; clear and tidy, or overgrown, etc).

I have worked out a scenario in my head for why I ask the above, but need some time to word it in between work.
Thank you.

Libby's house does have a wooden gate in the back garden and it leads to that back alley. Which also backs onto Heathcote. I had a theory that maybe she'd explained she was locked out and they went to try and get in round the back. As PR has no qualms about breaking into houses I thought he might have offered to help. Is this what you're thinking?

Re this 'grave' you found @Kolumbo I think it needs reporting. I agree it is most probably the resting place of a doggo but it needs checking. Could you go back down there and see if there are any police around or even another passerby that could look at it again with you? I'm 99% sure it's nothing, but think you need to flag it.

Keep us posted.

Agree

So further to my pics posted yesterday, I wanted to describe something slightly odd I spotted on my walk along the riverbank. It's probably nothing too sinister, but I have to mention it.

Just south of Oak Rd Park, about level with the big wind turbine, I spotted a small patch of loose, freshly disturbed soil. It was in a gap in the undergrowth set tight, I think, against the fence that separates the field with the turbine from the river bank path.

It wasn't huge. From memory, a maximum of about 3.5 foot in length, maybe 2 foot depth, and roughly rectangular. It may in actuality have been smaller than that. On top of it was a short, chunky piece of driftwood, like a mini railway sleeper or a gatepost. I was intrigued and with the lack of anything else to dig with I picked up the wood and scraped away at the surface. Just below it there was a scattering of something I quite stupidly didn't observe closely enough to ascertain what it was, and didn't take photos of. I couldn't get too close because the branches protruding through the fence were snagging my new hoodie and I didn't want it ruined. It looked like either coloured petals of some kind (unlikely?), or shards of vivid coloured plastic - red, or deep purple (I'm colour blind so can't say for sure). Scratching a little deeper I did not see anything protruding from the ground and the piece of wood was too chunky to actually leverage the ground at all, and then I heard a woman coming along the bank calling her dog so I ditched the hunk of wood, climbed back up on the bank and proceeded on my way.

My assumption, given the small size and apparent deliberate "marker" / ornamentation of an unknown nature was that maybe a frequent walker in that area had recently decided to bury their dead dog there.

It was close-ish to the park, but you'd have a job describing it as within "dragging/carrying distance" (for a human body anyway). Presumably whoever dug that out did so with a spade, and it would have taken some quite considerable time and been almost impossible in the dead of night. None of this seems like it would have applied to PR. Besides, if you went to the trouble to bury a body in a fairly popular walking spot, you'd not leave a conspicuous marker, would you?

But I had to mention it, just in case. Maybe if someone else goes along there today you can scrutinise it in more detail. Cling to the fence separating the river walk from the field containing the big turbine heading south from the park. Eventually you'll spot it.

Wish I'd taken a bloody photo of it now though.

Please alert the Police on 101 today.

A few posts back, someone reported that there is a local Facebook page which lists lost property. It lists that there was a key found on Beverley Road on 1 February.
Yes that was my post, beverley road is a very big road, so I wasn't sure how close this was to the bench area, they stated it was found next to the double mini roundabout? I'm pretty local but not enough to know where they mean, there's a constant flow of found post on that page, I've messaged the owner asking him to put a post up asking that any items found around the area since the 31st be handed to the police.

So further to my pics posted yesterday, I wanted to describe something slightly odd I spotted on my walk along the riverbank. It's probably nothing too sinister, but I have to mention it.

Just south of Oak Rd Park, about level with the big wind turbine, I spotted a small patch of loose, freshly disturbed soil. It was in a gap in the undergrowth set tight, I think, against the fence that separates the field with the turbine from the river bank path.

It wasn't huge. From memory, a maximum of about 3.5 foot in length, maybe 2 foot depth, and roughly rectangular. It may in actuality have been smaller than that. On top of it was a short, chunky piece of driftwood, like a mini railway sleeper or a gatepost. I was intrigued and with the lack of anything else to dig with I picked up the wood and scraped away at the surface. Just below it there was a scattering of something I quite stupidly didn't observe closely enough to ascertain what it was, and didn't take photos of. I couldn't get too close because the branches protruding through the fence were snagging my new hoodie and I didn't want it ruined. It looked like either coloured petals of some kind (unlikely?), or shards of vivid coloured plastic - red, or deep purple (I'm colour blind so can't say for sure). Scratching a little deeper I did not see anything protruding from the ground and the piece of wood was too chunky to actually leverage the ground at all, and then I heard a woman coming along the bank calling her dog so I ditched the hunk of wood, climbed back up on the bank and proceeded on my way.

My assumption, given the small size and apparent deliberate "marker" / ornamentation of an unknown nature was that maybe a frequent walker in that area had recently decided to bury their dead dog there.

It was close-ish to the park, but you'd have a job describing it as within "dragging/carrying distance" (for a human body anyway). Presumably whoever dug that out did so with a spade, and it would have taken some quite considerable time and been almost impossible in the dead of night. None of this seems like it would have applied to PR. Besides, if you went to the trouble to bury a body in a fairly popular walking spot, you'd not leave a conspicuous marker, would you?

But I had to mention it, just in case. Maybe if someone else goes along there today you can scrutinise it in more detail. Cling to the fence separating the river walk from the field containing the big turbine heading south from the park. Eventually you'll spot it.

Wish I'd taken a bloody photo of it now though.

Do you think the Police did this? At least they can tell you this when you ring them. You'd better explain you touched it too and how much you touched. Call 101

Yes that was my post, beverley road is a very big road, so I wasn't sure how close this was to the bench area, they stated it was found next to the double mini roundabout? I'm pretty local but not enough to know where they mean, there's a constant flow of found post on that page, I've messaged the owner asking him to put a post up asking that any items found around the area since the 31st be handed to the police.

Oh well done for saying that.

I think the problem the police are having at the moment is quite straightforward imo

They know he took her near the park
Screams in the park
Running man from park
Possibly even more evidence of being in the park at some point

Their problem is if his car was seen exiting back onto main rd within a "reasonable" time how do they prove he didn't just drop her off?

Almost a week later he would have no forensics on him or clothes ...especially if contact did not involve blood

So without a body or an exact crime scene area they are stuck

If this was straightforward there would be more progress.
  • They know he took her near the park.
Do they? Do they know she was taken? Do they know if she just wandered off? Do they know if she willingly went with someone? Do they know who it was?​
  • Screams in the park.
Do they know who screamed? Do they know where they screamed? Do they know it was a woman? Do they know if it was a fox? Do they know it was Libby?​
  • Running man from park
Do they know who this was? Do they know if it was PR? Do they know if the timing is significant? Do they know which direction they went in?​
  • Possibly even more evidence of being in the park at some point
Er....
I agree that the problem the Police are having is that they can't find Libby. That part is straightforward. What isn't straightforward is solving it. If they do find her they then have the less than straightforward issue of working out what happened. If PR had anything to do with that it's pretty clear he is not going to make it easy for them.

Yes, I think so. The alternative is Clough Road from which you can turn onto Oak Road and link back up to the park. However, there are bollards a short way up which prevent vehicular access. I believe from looking a map a while ago that there are businesses along Clough Road which would probably have CCTV so I assume they didn't go along there as it would shift the search away from the park (I think!)

So yes, Beresford Avenue would be the most obvious choice.

Bollards are removable ones but they are definitely up today as I have been down to a tyre place down there about an hour ago

Along with the intrepid @Kolumbo I will be revisiting the park today, there are some places I want to check out a second time.

Any requests for areas to be investigated/video/photographed?

I love what you're doing for all of us here, huge respect to you.

I'd like to see an area if possible. On google maps at the lower west side of the park, down Oak Road, there appears to be a very small area of water which look surrounded by trees, I can't tell if this is within the park or within that industrial place. If you can see them on these two pictures, I'd like to know if this area is accessible in any way to the public, if it is, what does it look like etc.

Attachments

• Oak 2.jpg
    Oak 2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9
  • oak.jpg
    oak.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 7
Thank you! So much to keep up with...I try to keep up to date at work, but so unfortunate that "real jobs" get in the way...:)

Ive repeatedly watched the Howarth St cctv and its pretty clear that a woman gets in the passenger side.
The only way out of Howarth St is onto Cottingham Rd. If he was turning right away from the park it looks like PriceCrunch cctv cameras on the corner would have caught him , if , as is more in line with most theories he turned left towards Libby's home and oak road park he would have had to have gone through the juction with Beverley Road and thats got a big cctv camera.
So its a logical assumption to make that the police got his reg number from cctv and identified him, leading to his arrest on suspicion of abduction.
He may be saying he dropped her near her house on Wellesley Avenue and went alone to the park afterwards and had a *advertiser censored* on the bench and then shot off home and depending on the existence or lack of additional cctv between wellesley and oak road park there may be nothing to either prove or disprove this story. Its only a few hundred meteres from the end of Wellesley Avenue to Oak Rd park so the window for being seen by cctv isnt wide.
So it could be the police just dont have that critical bit of evidence that conclusively incriminates him for the crime we imagine has happened.
As Stella8 pointed out someone who flashes and stands there staring in windows dosnt sound like a mastermind criminal , more a impulsive thrill seeker so could he just have got amazingly lucky that all evidence has just disappeared.

Also if he'd had an arguement with the wife he might have wanted to stay out later, so going to have a *advertiser censored* in the park would fit with that

Bollards are removable ones but they are definitely up today as I have been down to a tyre place down there about an hour ago

But I think even beyond the bollards you can't drive all the way to the park, can you? Google streetview lets you go past the bollards but it still seems to narrow into a stile or something that you can't drive through.

Do you think the Police did this? At least they can tell you this when you ring them. You'd better explain you touched it too and how much you touched. Call 101

I'm convinced it was something innocuous to be honest, but that's why it'd be good if someone who's available and planning on visiting Oak Rd today could take a little detour and check it out before sending the police on a wild goose chase! :) Strontium69 maybe? I'm out today so can't go back. It's only a few meters south of the park. It's at the bottom of the riverbank against the fence that separates the riverbank from the field with the big turbine in it. Pretty much level with the turbine too or thereabouts. You can't miss it if you're following the fence and looking for it, I think. The piece of wood is probably still there, and it'll be slightly dug out where I scraped at it. Seems a bit too "out there" for me to ring the police about it without someone else taking a peek first.

But I think even beyond the bollards you can't drive all the way to the park, can you? Google streetview lets you go past the bollards but it still seems to narrow into a stile or something that you can't drive through.

Basically I'm trying to suss out if Beresford Avenue is the ONLY route, by car, to get into the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13