Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that would work in the witness's favour here in my view is the extended 15 minute period the intermittent screams were heard. Plenty of time to do a cursary time check. You're right in that it's not written in stone as far as we know though.

There is street lighting on Oak Rd as mentioned so perhaps offender parked closer to Beresford Avenue to enable a Claremont Avenue witness see the 40 yard running man. If he was heading for a vehicle?

FWIW I felt encouraged by the recent police press conference that they have avenues to pursue that we are not privy to and aren't showing their hand.
Indeed - I'm sure there are a lot of leads they're pursuing that we don't know about. Many of the things that have attracted most comment on these threads are based on bits of information that have come through the media rather than the police. The police actually haven't revealed all that much.

Isn't it wonderful to have such pro-active locals here ! Everyone doing their best to bring info - great to have all these new members. :)
YES! It would be an awful long commute for me to get there from Boston, HAHA

ETA: and if I can help any newbies find their way around here I'll do my best! Meaning WS not Boston.

This is an OS map of the playing fields. There's a blue line straight through the park marked 'drain' not shown on Google maps. Assume this is an underground drain, perhaps with access points inside park? Posting in case of interest to locals on the ground. (Or might just be a surface ditch - you can see a rough outline on Google satellite view.)

Edit - apologies, a portion of it IS drawn on Google maps actually - but OS map gives a clearer picture.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 13.38.20.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 13.38.20.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
If PR left Haworth ST at 12-09 its conceivable to think he could have got to oak road park by 12-15, its only about 500 meters. Maybe Libby closed her eyes on the drive thinking he was taking her home as promised, but PR drove to the park , parked up and Libby woke up in a very frightening situation , and screamed. Something very sinister happened.

Just locked the doors and drove straight on instead of turning off left like he should have?

It doesn't discount PR being the man on Haworth Street CCTV. If Libby was last seen by somebody else near the bench at 12.05 and the car in Haworth left at around 12.09, it would fit perfectly.

Also, re: the 12.15 timing of the screams - aren't we in danger of taking this too literally? Do we know that the witness checked the exact time when they heard the screams, or was just estimating the time in retrospect?
I was told today that ITV said last week PR was not the man in the cctv at Haworth street. I have never seen this said. Can anyone else say they see this.?

Sorry, I am really behind this a.m. - but pretty sure the friend in the blue jacket (the shrugger) mentioned they all met up somewhere at the University for pre drinks?
Not got time atm to double check, anyone else remember accurately great.
Shrugger in blue said pre-drinks at one of his friends house I believe.[/QUOTE]

The earliest reports from the day she was reported missing mentioned she'd spend part of the previous day (I think they meant, Thursday daytime) at the Courtyard student accommodation in Inglemire Lane - in fact a few reports like the one below, even stated it was her residence. ("On Friday afternoon, police officers were seen around The Courtyard - university accommodation in Inglemire Lane, west Hull. It is understood Libby lived in one of the flats in the complex."; "They said block F in the courtyard was her last known sighting.”)

Shock as police search for Libby, 21, missing after getting in taxi

YES! It would be an awful long commute for me to get there from Boston, HAHA

ETA: and if I can help any newbies find their way around here I'll do my best! Meaning WS not Boston.

Ah but Steley, did you know that Boston USA is named after Boston UK which is only about 50 miles from Hull? Hope that makes you feel a little bit closer to proceedings!

I was told today that ITV said last week PR was not the man in the cctv at Haworth street. I have never seen this said. Can anyone else say they see this.?

No (and yes, you're half right!). The Daily Mail printed ONE report in the early days and said at the bottom it was not thought to be the same person. It hasn't been mentioned since and has not been picked up by any other newspapers. In fact, when I googled the exact sentence they used, the only other hit was us discussing it on Websleuths!

I reckon it was a mistake.

No (and yes, you're half right!). The Daily Mail printed ONE report in the early days and said at the bottom it was not thought to be the same person. It hasn't been mentioned since and has not been picked up by any other newspapers. In fact, when I googled the exact sentence they used, the only other hit was us discussing it on Websleuths!

I reckon it was a mistake.
Many thanks for that

Shrugger in blue said pre-drinks at one of his friends house I believe.

The earliest reports from the day she was reported missing mentioned she'd spend part of the previous day (I think they meant, Thursday daytime) at the Courtyard student accommodation in Inglemire Lane - in fact a few reports like the one below, even stated it was her residence. ("On Friday afternoon, police officers were seen around The Courtyard - university accommodation in Inglemire Lane, west Hull. It is understood Libby lived in one of the flats in the complex."; "They said block F in the courtyard was her last known sighting.”)

Shock as police search for Libby, 21, missing after getting in taxi[/QUOTE]

I've heard she lived in halls too but couldn't find a link. Anyone remember the student who was raped in halls recently?

I’m a long term lurker and decided to finally sign up today. I’m local to Hull and my Dad was a sergeant in Humberside Police for 30 years. I was discussing Libby with him Today as he follows cases like this closely due to his career and locality to Hull. He says he thinks that had Libby been in the river that she would have been found by now due to the river being so muddy with many meanders and the area being frequented by dog walkers. Thought I would share this with you, as from all what I’ve seen I had assumed the river played a part and was surprised by his view on this. I hope she is found soon, her poor family.

I’m a long term lurker and decided to finally sign up today. I’m local to Hull and my Dad was a sergeant in Humberside Police for 30 years. I was discussing Libby with him Today as he follows cases like this closely due to his career and locality to Hull. He says he thinks that had Libby been in the river that she would have been found by now due to the river being so muddy with many meanders and the area being frequented by dog walkers. Thought I would share this with you, as from all what I’ve seen I had assumed the river played a part and was surprised by his view on this. I hope she is found soon, her poor family.

Welcome!!! That's very interesting and thanks for sharing. He thinks a body would have been caught before it reached the sea then. What does he think might have happened to poor Libby?

Jumping off Beth's post above, this is one for the locals:

What typically happens when someone falls into the river Hull? Do bodies get found anywhere particularly or is the assumption they reached the estuary?

I ask because for example in York there is a marina area a few miles downstream (can't for the life of me think what it's called) and it seems bodies sometimes end up snagging around there, lots of boats parked up etc.

Welcome here Bethp21, useful info you shared, thanks. Stay please. :):)

Welcome!!! That's very interesting and thanks for sharing. He thinks a body would have been caught before it reached the sea then. What does he think might have happened to poor Libby?

Thank you!

I mentioned the sea to him and he said that it would be 3 miles to the sea and that the river is almost quagmire like in places and that a body would be very likely to be found on a bank rather than make it that far. Unless it had been weighted. He also is of the opinion that the police will have searched many stretches of the river by now.

Jumping off Beth's post above, this is one for the locals:

What typically happens when someone falls into the river Hull? Do bodies get found anywhere particularly or is the assumption they reached the estuary?

I ask because for example in York there is a marina area a few miles downstream (can't for the life of me think what it's called) and it seems bodies sometimes end up snagging around there, lots of boats parked up etc.

They are usually found on the banks, due to there being a lot of mud and shrubbery.

I've wondered the same thing myself a number of times but haven't posted on it as I've never seen the river. It's very useful to get a local perspective. If - as your dad believes - it's very likely that Libby would have been found by now if she went into the river, it lends weight to the theory that she must have been transported and hidden elsewhere. Which would open up a whole range of possibilities.

Thank you!

I mentioned the sea to him and he said that it would be 3 miles to the sea and that the river is almost quagmire like in places and that a body would be very likely to be found on a bank rather than make it that far. Unless it had been weighted. He also is of the opinion that the police will have searched many stretches of the river by now.

He’s really not sure, there are not a lot of facts to even hypotheise on. He says that the police will potentially have evidence which has not been released but not enough to charge, hence the charge for other offences. They will still be questioning now - but from reading the thread this isn’t new news!

Just locked the doors and drove straight on instead of turning off left like he should have?
Yes , Libbys flaked out in the passenger seat and rather than turning left into Wellesley Ave , PR keeps going straight to Oak Road Park , parks , Libby opens her eyes "where are we ?" "what are you doing ?" screams etc etc.

I have a lot of news...

Oh boy.

First @CoverMeCagney

On the subject of vehicular access, I have a lot of video footage to process through and it could take me till tomorrow, so I'll give a text over view as i get the videos up.

I decided to check the padlocks on the gates, for make and model.

THE GATE AT BERESFORD ROAD END that leads to Clough Road along that path IS NOT LOCKED.

BREAKING:
The Police ARE CURRENTLY SEARCHING along the fence just inside Croda.

If you Go to Google Maps look at the path that goes up from Clough road, through the Bollards. Croda is on the right. The Police are in there searching along that side of the fence.

the gate at the NORTH end of that IS NOT LOCKED so a car could easily drive from Beresford Avenue, and rather than driving towards the pond, could turn right and drive along that path.

Howerver - there is nowhere to go, the barrier at the Clough road end is locked, and so are the bollards.

The only possibilities that leaves open is over the fence either into Croda, or the other side into the allotments. (The entrance to which is further along Clough Road)

Also, on my travels I got taken out by a car, so I'm going to have to also deal with that rather more urgently...

Back soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member