UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to do this after the great spider cam debate of 2019. But is this a person? Or are my eyes ready for testing? And if it is they are pretty near the river.

View attachment 281673

I see it there, but watching the video all I see is two headlights appearing in the far distance around the area of Oak Road. At what time during the video are you seeing the figure, please?

Yeh I had thought about him leaving her body hidden and going back later.
I keep thinking this too. What's to say he didn't go back, on foot, later? I know the police looked at hours and hours of cctv footage, but if he hid her body during his 4 mins visit on Feb 1st, he had days afterwards to return and throw Libby's body into the river. I know it sounds ridiculous, but he could have disguised himself and not been spotted.

Her Mum lived over 200 miles away.
LS was obviously vulnerable, but to believe her Mum was in the park?
I find that hard to believe.

The original question from @sundaaaay

"I'm very curious to understand how he got her into the park initially without her screaming at that point though."

Is a valid question.

There was no screaming at that point so 'acute stress' or 'fight or flight' wasn't apparent until minutes later.

JMO

I think she ran and only screamed once pr was close or had grabbed her

What a pity his wife has not given evidence.

Do we know that she was interviewed by investigators? Seems like she be'd able to testify to his various outings and the state of his clothing on return, at least. Perhaps given the amount that was stipulated the prosecution didn't feel the need for corroborating testimony from her?

Sorry to reiterate a previous point I made, but I think he said he'd take her to her mum. No other witness mentioned Libby asking for her mum.
I can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure that other witnesses did report her saying this. It was commented on here, and when PR claimed that she told him she wanted her mum, someone suggested that he had borrowed this from witness statements.

This is the house the CCTV is from.

Nicely done. I was leaning towards that one, going by the extension roof and little bump out at the end of it.

Years ago, a friend lived along that row of houses and they were regularly burgled. I'm only surprised that there isn't more CCTV on the street.

Last edited:
I don't see it stated that the students who heard screams at 12.30, also heard screams at or around 12.14, why not? since they were so loud and disturbing?
Perhaps they were indeed different screams and coming from different places. I'm still not clear from any evidence so far, that anyone knows that any of the screams were from Libby.
I now wonder if it's possible that screaming foxes made PR panic and leave her body hidden and so had to come back later.

Good point

Hi
I am local to the case and have been following every thread since the beginning. I work off Beverley Road and know the area very well. I have been following with interest but could lurk no longer. I have watched the recently linked cctv slowed down and with my brightness turned up. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I have just had my husband look at the screenshot I have taken without telling him why and he noticed exactly the same.
I feel as though I can see two figures, just to the right of the red arrow from the yeast factory CCTV. One figure appears to be underneath the other as if being held. I'm sure LE will have spent absolutely hours pouring over this footage and of course we are not getting every word from the court. I'd be interested in anyone elses thoughts on the image. It was taken at 00.18.53.333 before the red arrows appear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210129-185343_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-185343_Gallery.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Screenshot_20210129-184712_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-184712_Samsung Internet.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 308
Hi
I am local to the case and have been following every thread since the beginning. I work off Beverley Road and know the area very well. I have been following with interest but could lurk no longer. I have watched the recently linked cctv slowed down and with my brightness turned up. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I have just had my husband look at the screenshot I have taken without telling him why and he noticed exactly the same.
I feel as though I can see two figures, just to the right of the red arrow from the yeast factory CCTV. One figure appears to be underneath the other as if being held. I'm sure LE will have spent absolutely hours pouring over this footage and of course we are not getting every word from the court. I'd be interested in anyone elses thoughts on the image. It was taken at 00.18.53.333 before the red arrows appear.

Can you put a circle around where you mean and screenshot if possible please? Cant work out where to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty