Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Mum lived over 200 miles away.
LS was obviously vulnerable, but to believe her Mum was in the park?
I find that hard to believe.

The original question from @sundaaaay

"I'm very curious to understand how he got her into the park initially without her screaming at that point though."

Is a valid question.

There was no screaming at that point so 'acute stress' or 'fight or flight' wasn't apparent until minutes later.

JMO
I think the expert said the hypothermia would make her very confused and less able to see danger coming so is it possible he just bamboozled and badgered her to confuse her more? Reacted quickly where she was reacting slowly?

Plus you're right her mum was 200 miles away. I wondered if what she meant was she just wanted to get back to her room to phone or text her mum. Her phone was charging in her room.

It is so heart rending. I cannot begin to imagine how scared she must have been and what her poor mum is going thru now

Brilliant work finding out which house has the CCTV on, and it seems to point to the pedestrian gate entrance. But I still for the life of me can't figure out how they can tell how many people there were - it's so blurry and I'm so confused!

As for the Mauri footage, that just shows car headlights, right?

Last edited:
Sorry yes that would have been helpful! Hope this helps. I have increased the brightness too which only increases my suspicion. My heart dropped into my stomach when I saw it. Please tell me if anyone else can see this?
Yes horribly I do. Like somebody holding somebody slumped slightly. As if they've caught or grabbed them

Excellent job finding the yeast factory/house footage. I can kinda make out a single figure in the screenshot joolz1975 shared. Unfortunately I can't see anything in either the actual moving footage or in hellofresh's screenshots (welcome!). I asked my husband, who helpfully tells me he can see four (!!) people in the moving footage though :rolleyes: [edited to add: I would assume the police have enhanced this to within an inch of its life, and found nothing they could use].

The problem I have with this is that it does seem that the yeast factory has a very clear view of the entire stretch of the riverbank where it's most likely Libby entered the water (ie close to/easily accessible from that main path). I know the camera moves, so it's always possible that sheer bad luck missed a crucial 30 seconds, but I would have expected *something* to show up on that camera, and to be easier to see too. There must have been a splash; if alive, Libby would have been moving/struggling in the water; even if the camera failed to pick up the actual moment of entry, I think it would have picked up Libby in the water a few seconds later? Of course she DID end up in the water, but this footage makes me think perhaps not here. Which means either elsewhere in the park (which creates further issues with timing) or elsewhere altogether, which seems highly unlikely.

Brilliant work finding out which house has the CCTV on, and it seems to point to the pedestrian gate entrance. But I still for the life of me can't figure out how they can tell how many people there were - it's so blurry and I'm so confused!

As for the Croda footage, that just shows car headlights, right?

Mauri footage

Sorry yes that would have been helpful! Hope this helps. I have increased the brightness too which only increases my suspicion. My heart dropped into my stomach when I saw it. Please tell me if anyone else can see this?

you can also see his car headlights on the right because that’s when he’s leaving

It is so hard with CCTV footage as people see different things (spidercam was proof of that). In hindsight I was seeing things :D.

I trust the police will gave gone over that footage with a fine tooth comb and if they had proof of him with LS near the river they would have said in court (and as far as we know they have not).

It is so hard with CCTV footage as people see different things (spidercam was proof of that). In hindsight I was seeing things :D.

I trust the police will gave gone over that footage with a fine tooth comb and if they had proof of him with LS near the river they would have said in court (and as far as we know they have not).

Yep totally agree. I think I'm over analysing here. I think PR is such a dangerous individual I'm convinced of his guilt and it is that confirmation bias.
Hope I have not caused alarm of spoken out of turn.

I see a taller person, standing particularly upright, holding another person around the waist who is doubled over.
Horrific.

Yep totally agree. I think I'm over analysing here. I think PR is such a dangerous individual I'm convinced of his guilt and it is that confirmation bias.
Hope I have not caused alarm of spoken out of turn.
I think it's because I know he was there and what happened that perhaps I think I see it but only when circled.

The other picture of a figure near the river I see more clearly and I see PRs build and stance but again that could be picking out what's expected from nothing.

I'm hoping the jury got enhanced, enlarged footage and guidance

Good old pareidolia!

You're right... pretty sure the prosecution would have shown evidence of them being in the park, if they had it. Considering PR has vehemently denied setting foot in there, it would have been a huge piece of evidence against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty