UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11:36
Man heard screaming coming from Oak Road playing fields
Mr Alford lived in a property that backed on to Oak Road playing fields when Libby disappeared.

He says he spoke to police about “screams” he heard and the man he saw running away from Oak Road.

Mr Alford said he heard the screaming on February 1.

He said: “I woke up, looked at my phone to check a text. It was 12.14am and around a minute or two after that’s when I heard the first scream.

“The screams were far away but they were loud enough to reach my bedroom, around roughly 150 metres. Not loud to me, but loud enough to reach my bedroom.”

Libby Squire trial live: Updates from court

11:46
Screams 'sounded like desperation'
Mr Alford said there is a track, a bit of woodland, a fishing pond and beyond is the river bank of the River Hull. He said the screams sounded like they were coming from “the top left of the pond.”

Mr Alford said: “Initially, some screams were intermittent with 30 seconds or a minute between them. At first I sort of ignored them then the second one was a pattern to them and then that’s what sort of made me think - it’s hard because where I live is near the uni accommodation is teenagers on the park, girls screaming, people out having parties on the park so you tend to ignore it. It happens all the time.

“Then I heard the screams again and when I looked I couldn’t see anyone on the park. The screams were enough to make me think, ‘what could that be?’ but it was the pattern - they weren’t constant and that’s what sort of stood out for me.

“They sounded like desperation.”

Libby Squire trial live: Witness describes desperate screams

11:59
Screaming lasted 'four to seven minutes'
Mr Alford said the screams carried on for “between four to seven minutes.”

He said after the last scream he went to the toilet and when he returned to his bedroom he continued to look out of his window.

He said: “I was just looking out of the window, wondering if it was a group of people or if I could see anyone coming off the park.”

Mr Alford says he was looking out of the window for “three or four minutes” before he saw a “male walking off the park.”

He said: “He was walking in a manner where he wasn’t looking behind, asserting where he wanted to go, like he wanted to get off the park.

“When I first saw him, he was walking off the park with his head straight forward and moving with an urgency and then he left.”

Mr Alford gave his statement to police on February 4.

He says the man was wearing either “fitted dark coloured joggers” or “cuffed jeans” and a “bomber style jacket.”

Libby Squire trial live: Witness describes desperate screams

Is any one clever enough to post a picture showing the area around the top left part of the pond?

Top left of pond and houses where witness livesView attachment 280391

@JosieJo has it right. The 'top left' is the area of the pond closest to the old boat shed and abandoned buildings. It's at the end of the footpath towards the river, though before the embankment. The trees are quite dense there.

So less than an hr after leaving libby he was browsing Internet *advertiser censored* ...waiting to see if any browsing of tide times after the 1st Feb..murder ..bodies in river etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow