UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! And @Vermont24
I was curious as they do have CCTV from the Yeast Factory but those trees are thick so I am surprised they saw the car arriving. Maybe the yeast factory caught something else?

I think that the yeast factory CCTV will have a view of the river bank and a longer shot across the park, towards Oak Road, the house of the witness and car park. Anything around the 'top left' of the pond and abandoned buildings will likely be out of view due to the gradient of the embankment.

Officially I don't think we know exactly where the car was parked and this is important from the timing issue. I think this witness is at the "house in the park" and the area level with the pond is well over 150 metres away - maybe 300 metres. If the latter then only 40-70 metres from the river.
The timing issues are affected by the witnesses estimates of time gaps between screams etc. I thought the original story was that the man (PR) ran rather than walked? Going back to the Tesco Petrol footage I would say he's capable of very quick walking.

I never considered that the green tower was part of Mauri products. Their land is quite large and backs onto the river so maybe other cctv cameras caught something (circled the whole of Mauri yeast)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-122510_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-122510_Maps.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 52
Thank you so much Josie Jo and Vermont 24 for posting pictures.You are officially clever people!
Officially I don't think we know exactly where the car was parked and this is important from the timing issue. I think this witness is at the "house in the park" and the area level with the pond is well over 150 metres away - maybe 300 metres. If the latter then only 40-70 metres from the river.
The timing issues are affected by the witnesses estimates of time gaps between screams etc. I thought the original story was that the man (PR) ran rather than walked? Going back to the Tesco Petrol footage I would say he's capable of very quick walking.

I agree the witness timings stretch longer than the actual time at the playing fields even taking the shortest estimates..

I'm going along with the prosecution 'explaining' the tenfoot as being indicative of something significant related to parking. Unofficially.

So less than an hr after leaving libby he was browsing Internet *advertiser censored* ...waiting to see if any browsing of tide times after the 1st Feb..murder ..bodies in river etc

In the Grace Millane murder, her killer Jesse Kempson had just strangled her to death during sex (potentially rape) and while she was laying dead on his hotel room floor- he took intimate photos of her AND ... searched *advertiser censored* sites.

Men like this are simply wired wrong. Possibly not from birth (though potentially) and I believe that Internet *advertiser censored* and the ease of accessibility has only created even more monsters that look just like any other man you pass in the street.

12:28
Trial has resumed
Mr Alford is now being cross examined by Oliver Saxby QC.
He has been asked if he is certain of the time he woke up, to which he has replied: “Yes.”
Libby Squire trial live: Witness describes desperate screams

And it could have been a scream that woke him. We aren't always consciously aware of a noise that actually wakes us.
And unless he was constantly checking the time, the estimates are just that - estimates.

In the Grace Millane murder, her killer Jesse Kempson had just strangled her to death during sex (potentially rape) and while she was laying dead on his hotel room floor- he took intimate photos of her AND ... searched *advertiser censored* sites.

Men like this are simply wired wrong. Possibly not from birth (though potentially) and I believe that Internet *advertiser censored* and the ease of accessibility has only created even more monsters that look just like any other man you pass in the street.

Yes totally agree ..ive no doubt regarding his sexual deviance

12:28
Trial has resumed
Mr Alford is now being cross examined by Oliver Saxby QC.

He has been asked if he is certain of the time he woke up, to which he has replied: “Yes.”

He was asked whether he heard anyone getting into a car after seeing the man walk away, but he said: “No.”

Mr Alford says he does not know what it was that caused him to wake in the early hours of February 1, 2019.

The jury are now being shown a map of Oak Road playing fields which suggests the distances Mr Alford says he saw the man and heard where the screams were coming from.

I'm not sure that tide times are going to play a significant role here. At that point, the river has a fairly consistent appearance at most times of day. It's closer to its mouth, in the area around The Deep, that tidal changes are most obvious due to the massive amounts of silt.

Possibly but id expect some sort of "googling" around the subject in most cases ..he doesn't seem to have tried to hide his Internet browsing

12:51
Statement on the discovery of Libby's body
Paul Secker says he is the owner of a fishing boat.

He said that at 6.45am he and three friends went out fishing. They left Grimsby Marina and sailed out to the River Humber and fished around “four miles away.”

At 12pm, the boat was moved to south of Spurn Point and the anchor was dropped and the group began fishing.

He said: “After a few hours I could see an object floating towards the boat and could see it was a human body, face up. I could see a face and black clothing.

“I watched as it continued floating past my boat towards Grimsby. I immediately contacted the vessel traffic system and informed them. They asked me to keep an eye on it.”

The Humber Lifeboat was deployed and Mr Secker directed where he last saw the body.

When he arrived back in Grimsby Mr Secker said he saw the police on the docks.

12:51
Statement on the discovery of Libby's body
Paul Secker says he is the owner of a fishing boat.

He said that at 6.45am he and three friends went out fishing. They left Grimsby Marina and sailed out to the River Humber and fished around “four miles away.”

At 12pm, the boat was moved to south of Spurn Point and the anchor was dropped and the group began fishing.

He said: “After a few hours I could see an object floating towards the boat and could see it was a human body, face up. I could see a face and black clothing.

“I watched as it continued floating past my boat towards Grimsby. I immediately contacted the vessel traffic system and informed them. They asked me to keep an eye on it.”

The Humber Lifeboat was deployed and Mr Secker directed where he last saw the body.

When he arrived back in Grimsby Mr Secker said he saw the police on the docks.

Clothes on the body suprised me as figured they would wear away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads