UK - Lin, 45, & Megan Russell, 6, Chillenden, Kent, 9 July 1996

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No one else was arrested, no (as far as l can remember...now l am wondering if there was an early arrest..hmmmm..)

Yes there was one arrest according to a non - MSM source. No charges brought.

Last edited:
Did the police not bring in a team from an
outside Force like with the Julia James investigation to lead on a specific
operation authorised at the highest
level

Not that l know of. There were expert witnesses, indeed what led them to Stone was his own psychiatrist after seeing the crime watch reconstruction marking a year on.

The Julia James investigation was led by the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate. They used manpower from other areas though. The Directorate had not been formed back then.

This was a horrific crime, I remember it clearly in the news all those years ago. That poor family and little dog, they must have been terrified. Also what happened to Julia James is equally horrific and shocking as they are only a few miles apart, albeit 25 years.

Tobin was hanging out in Margate during this time frame - that's 16 miles from Chillenden - not sure these murders are his style though...

Levi Bellfield is a sexually-motivated killer. Unless there is something the authorities aren't telling us about these homicides, then there doesn't seem to be a sexual element to them. Pretty much rules out Tobin too, now I think about it, don't know what came over me...

This was a horrific crime, I remember it clearly in the news all those years ago. That poor family and little dog, they must have been terrified. Also what happened to Julia James is equally horrific and shocking as they are only a few miles apart, albeit 25 years.

It appears the murder of Sarah Everard took place in the same vicinity. Mobile triangulation points at several kilometres N-NE from Shepherdswell. This would cover the Chillenden area which is 4-5 miles away by road. His car left Dover before midnight then was spotted at 1.00 am by ANPR in Tilmanstone. Maybe in the warped mind of Couzens he had planned to commit this murder in the same area?
The e-fit from the Chillenden case does pass a resemblance to Couzens and he knew the area but for him to be connected to the crime 25 years ago doesn't seem to fit unless new information comes to light.

Hi folks, looking for some info cannot find elsewhere - the place where the string bag with the strips of bloody towel was found. Can anyone help?

Wow I'm shocked! In answer to your question, dunno, what if Bellfield's just dicking around?

He could be, he’s known for it. As The Sun article says:

Confession will be investigated
By Colin Sutton

THERE is a lot of detail in there that needs to be checked in this new legal statement. I have no doubt that he carried out other attacks and I would say that with Bellfield anything is possible. But the Criminal Cases Review Commission will not take this at face value — and have good investigators who will seek to corroborate or dismiss this statement.

Bellfield does describe a repetitive pattern of behaviour — in committing an awful crime, suffering, going on a holiday and getting rid of a vehicle. That is exactly the evidence we relied on in our case.

But this could be him playing games — he likes to have the spotlight on himself and is a narcissist.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky
Back