UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next update

15:35David James

Defendant admits he used to shout at Logan

Cole’s prepared statement to police continues.

He described Logan as a “boisterous and lively child.”

He added: “Angharad struggled with her epilepsy, she spent less time with Logan and the bond became less. Logan spent less time in his bedroom alone. He would be on his tablet a lot…

“Logan’s behaviour got worse, he started becoming more attention seeking, kicking off, diving on things, throwing and taking things. His grandmother locked him in the car and he wandered off. The police got involved and Angharad argued with her mum…

“I had a good bond with Logan, bought him presents and gave him attention…

“He was at times violent… He was only a child and it was really hard to get him to understand….

“We both really tried with Logan, we sat him down and explained things with him and saw we loved (him). He would work himself up again and start again. We tried the naughty corner and gave him colouring. He would pinch and bit himself. Sometimes he would kick out.

“It was difficult, sometimes he could be a lovely child but we were trying with him.

“He would sometimes start saying about Angharad being in bed with Ben and she would grab him by both arms and shout at him. She grabbed him and shouted ‘Stop *advertiser censored***** lying’.

“I took him to the bedroom and he got quite boisterous…

“When he was naughty, I would tap him on the back of his hands or his head, saying ‘Stop’. Me and Angharad would both do this, only to stop him doing something that would cause harm or injury. We put him in his bedroom and gave him colouring to calm down.

“When Angharad thought she had MS, she had a wheelchair and Logan would climb on that fell off. In school he got hurt and was jumping off tables.

“He was a lovely child but a handful and we were struggling. Both of us used to shout at him and took hold of him to stop him from hurting himself.

“It was really stressful and Logan’s behaviour got worse.”

Youth accused of murder said 'I like to punch kids' heads', jury told

I don't believe a word that JC says about Logan's behaviour, as nobody else, anywhere, had any problems with him.

As for the biting and hurting himself - that sounds very like other abuse cases.

Rsbm:

When Angharad thought she had MS, she had a wheelchair and Logan would climb on that fell off. In school he got hurt and was jumping off tables.

I would it she visited any doctor to confirm her own ME diagnosis. I also wonder if she self diagnosed her epilepsy.

16:18Philip Dewey

Cole tells police: 'I smacked Logan to the back of the head'

Cole’s statement now turns to July 30, 2021, the day before Logan’s body was found.

He said: “Last Friday was really difficult. (Logan) had been isolating. He tested positive and had Covid… We tried to keep Logan entertained as he had to isolate in his room.
“He had temperature tantrums and would climb over the baby gate so we put boxes in the way… (Logan) would rund and charge up and down the hallway.

“He threw a toy so hard at the wall it bounced off and cut him on the eye and he started pinching himself. Friday was really difficult…

“He was messing with Angharad’s laptop and refused to eat so we went to put him to bed with no dinner. Logan was getting more and more wound up and frustrated…

The defendant said Logan was climbing the baby gate in the bathroom and described him as “manic” during the day and the evening.

Cole added: “When he wouldn’t get up off of the floor I had to pick him up under his armpits and he tried to swing his arms. I picked him up and threw him on the bed. He was angry at me, walked out and shut the baby gate.

“We tried to shower him and he lashed out at both of us. He slipped and landed in the bath, he hated being washed….

“We put him to bed but he would get up and ran around both of us and we told him ‘Back into bed’. Angharad picked him up by his collar to the dinosaur pyjamas and it ripped.

“I smacked him to the back of the head when he was running at gates to stop him.

“It got too much and I had enough and took (medictation). Angharad was in bed with me and got up and went into Logan’s bedroom as he was still kicking off. The tablets kicked in and I went to sleep.”

16:40Philip Dewey

Moment Logan was found dead - according to what Cole said in his police interview

Cole turns to the moment he claims he found Logan dead.

He said:”I woke up to Angharad screaming ‘He’s dead, Logan’s dead’. He was lying on his back with his head to the side in a weird position. His eyes were wide open, I moved his head and it flopped and there was no response.

“I tried to perform CPR and blew in his mouth and held his nose. There was no pulse. I did this for ages, like 10 to 15 minutes. Angharad was frantic and hyperventilating. I was desperate to save him. Eventually I stopped and she said ‘He’s dead, he’s dead’. There's nothing I could do. Angharad said she could hear him taking his last breath.

“Logan earlier complained his tummy hurt and he pointed to his belly button. He was being naughty and went to bed without tea. He wouldn’t have food when we asked him and assumed the tummy ache wasn’t true.

“I didn’t hit him in the tummy and didn’t see Angharad hit him in the stomach. He had been jumping around all day and it had been a difficult day.

“Both of us grabbed him and took him to the bedroom. I wish to make it clear, I don’t know what happened, if anything, after I fell asleep at midnight. I don’t believe Angharad would have hit him. We were both guilty of getting frustrated with him and grabbing him and smacking him.

“Angharad smacked him earlier that day but missed and caught him on the cheek.”

snipped from JCs interview above ....

I tried to perform CPR and blew in his mouth and held his nose. There was no pulse. I did this for ages, like 10 to 15 minutes.

Because this is absolutely what a person would do :rolleyes: - rather than call 999

16:40Philip Dewey

Moment Logan was found dead - according to what Cole said in his police interview

Cole turns to the moment he claims he found Logan dead.

He said:”I woke up to Angharad screaming ‘He’s dead, Logan’s dead’. He was lying on his back with his head to the side in a weird position. His eyes were wide open, I moved his head and it flopped and there was no response.

“I tried to perform CPR and blew in his mouth and held his nose. There was no pulse. I did this for ages, like 10 to 15 minutes. Angharad was frantic and hyperventilating. I was desperate to save him. Eventually I stopped and she said ‘He’s dead, he’s dead’. There's nothing I could do. Angharad said she could hear him taking his last breath.

“Logan earlier complained his tummy hurt and he pointed to his belly button. He was being naughty and went to bed without tea. He wouldn’t have food when we asked him and assumed the tummy ache wasn’t true.

“I didn’t hit him in the tummy and didn’t see Angharad hit him in the stomach. He had been jumping around all day and it had been a difficult day.

“Both of us grabbed him and took him to the bedroom. I wish to make it clear, I don’t know what happened, if anything, after I fell asleep at midnight. I don’t believe Angharad would have hit him. We were both guilty of getting frustrated with him and grabbing him and smacking him.

“Angharad smacked him earlier that day but missed and caught him on the cheek.”

I find this statement quite odd.

He is pointing the finger at AW knowing Logan was dead, but then says she wouldn’t have hurt him (despite listing ways in which she did :rolleyes:).

He says he was asleep. And whatever medication sent him to sleep amongst that alleged fracas, must be a miracle pill of some kind ha.

So is this by process of elimination him saying the youth did it?

Cole's police interviews
The jury have been hearing the full transcript of Cole's police interviews.

The transcription is 20 pages long - so we are just going through our notes and checking them them (and removing any references that could identify the youth defendant - who is not allowed to be named for legal reasons). We will be the transcription of the interviews as soon as we're able to do so.

The case has now broken for lunch and will resume again at 2pm.

BBM -its seems they have removed all references about the youth from coles transcripts, i wonder what he did say re the youth?

edited to add, i see some references to the youth now added in above posts

17:11Philip Dewey

Cole tells detectives 'Angharad and I both lied to the police'

Cole now refers to the alleged cover up.

He said: “We talked and talked and it was suggested we report him missing. Angharad called the police and we ran around telling (the youth) Logan was missing. I tried to lead the police to where Logan was found but they were already there.

“(The youth) had nothing to do with this… he had no comprehension of what was going on.

“Angharad and I both lied to the police. The 999 call, the account I gave to the police, she gave to the police are not true…

“I literally woke up to him dead and it didn’t make sense. Logan had been rough all day and he had been misbehaving…

“I wish we said about our problems to social services. They had an idea about this behaviour but we kept it back… if we said it and got help he would be ok.

“At no point did we want him dead, at no point did we want to hurt him, at no point did we want to hurt him like this.

“Angharad said ‘It was a freak accident, it was a freak accident’. I couldn’t understand that as we had both been rough with him but not like this. I can’t understand the injury to his stomach.

“Wr threw him on the bed… he kept flinging himself on the floor. He did it several times, jumping off the bed, running off down the hall. I don’t understand as neither of us punched him or hit him in the stomach.

“I felt distressed, numb, grief, guilt and emotion. What we did, lying, was wrong. We were both panicking and it’s an awful thing to do. I just don’t know what happened or what killed him, we never meant anything bad to come to him.

“We talked about ways we could confess, we didn’t think we could do this as it was wrong… Angharad made the call, neither of us made the other do anything.

“I love Logan… I didn’t murder him, I tried to save him. I’m sorry I couldn’t save him.”

There is always an element of truth in a lie and I think some of the testimony regarding the panicking etc is true and the shouting what to do. I can't quote the text I mean I don't know how !

i agree that there are likely some truths in his statement - but it’s still trying to paint the ‘best possible’ scenario.
Logan was severely beaten up before he succumbed to his injuries - not just bumped about a bit and clipped around the ear. He also had a broken collar bone from weeks earlier. He had been treated roughly, brutally for some time.
His statement does blow apart her claims of innocence and ignorance and I would like to hear how she has reacted to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke