UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philip Dewey is having a long day!

August 4 interview
The next interview took place at 12.37pm on August 4.

A prepared statement was read out on behalf of Cole, who claimed neighbour Paula Heath was incorrect about timings on the morning Logan’s body was found.

He said: “What was said and done was for (the youth’s) benefit so he believed (Logan) was missing….

“Angharad was shouting and getting herself more and more worked up. She was all over the place about what had happened.

He also responded to claims Williamson made in her interview.

He said: “Angharad has been struggling, we all have. We seriously have been struggling…

“Angharad struggled to connect with Logan with same devotion and with some of his behaviour and reacting to his change made it harder for that devotion to return…

“We would try where we could to make a big fuss of Logan but we couldn’t keep that up. I tried to give Logan attention and taught him to read and write in phonics. He demanded and needed attention , but we couldn’t give him the attention he wanted and needed.

“I was worried about Angharad’s mental health… She said a couple of times about ending it. She said she was not coping with Logan and spoke about calling social services.

“Angharad was not well and I was suffering with my PTSD….

“(The youth) is nothing to do with this and did not take black bags to the river. What I said happened in my interview happened.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial hears what his mum said in police interviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Third prepared statement
In his third prepared statement, Cole said: “I didn’t hit him in the tummy, I did not see Angharad hit him in the stomach. He was jumping around all day and had been difficult.

“I don’t know what happened if anything happened and I fell asleep at midnight.

“I don’t believe Angharad would have hurt him. We’re both guilty of getting frustrated and we grabbed him and smacked him.”

The statement also said when Logan got Covid, he was confined to his bedroom and when he and Williamson delivered food to his room, he had to wear a mask and face the other way until they left the room.

Fourth police interview
In his fourth police interview, Cole largely gave no comment and referred police to his previous statement.

After outlining the injuries Logan suffered, DC Neal said: “Someone has battered this boy, was it you?”

Cole said: “No.”

DC Neal said: “Ok, so it was Angharad or (the youth).”

Cole said: “I didn’t say that.”

When asked why he didn’t get help for Logan, he refused to answer.

DC Neal said: “Did you throw Logan’s body out in the same way you flytipped rubbish in black bags?”

DC Neal said: “Logan has got extensive injuries, how can you explain that?”

Cole said: “I didn’t know that.”

After going through the injuries again, DC Neal said: “That’s not a fall, it’s not a slap, it’s not a child falling in the bath or from drawers. It sounds like he’s been beaten, the pathologist said they were inflicted no accidental injuries.

“He’s been beaten to death, how can you explain that?”

Cole said: “I can’t, I’ve answered this in a previous statement.

DC Neal said: “Are you responsible for inflicting those injuries on Logan?”

DC Neal said: “Did the stress of dealing with such a difficult child get to you?”

DC Neal said: “Did you lose your temper and beat Logan to death?”

I agree with this… that beautiful boy looked to his mum for all his basic needs- safety, warmth, food.

Recently a much older child pushed/threw my son out of the way at a an outdoor adventure park and instinctively you just run over and stamp it out- I think most mothers would have that within them seeing their child come to harm.

I don’t know how she can live with herself and her conscious as I certainly couldn’t and I know full well my family wouldn’t stand by me or support me if I were in her shoes. They would be utterly disgusted and only be going to court to make sure I get what I deserve.

Seriously, aside from the physical -- AW allowed and participated in the emotional abuse of her baby boy. The child was relegated to dining on cold cereal on the floor while the rest smacked their lips on "finger lickin good" KFC. Inexcusable, period. :eek:

ETA: MOO

Last edited:
Final statement
In a final prepared statement, Cole referred to the evidence of neighbour Fred Witchell who saw the youth preventing Williamson from leaving the house.

He agreed he had a loud voice and was “not proud” of swearing.

Cole said Williamson became angry after Logan was trying to access Netflix on her laptop and lost her temper. He said she “grabbed him by both arms and started shaking him.

Cole said he told her to “back the *advertiser censored** off” and she shouted and swore and walked out of the horse.

He said the youth chased after her and told her to calm down and she went back into the house.

He added: “Allegations I have punched Logan and (the youth) had punched Logan and I encourage him has never happened.”

He also claimed Williamson had previously talked about killing herself and “taking her son with her”.

He concluded: “Categorically I have not punched Logan as alleged and I have never punched him in the stomach. (The youth) has never touched Logan.”

The trial adjourns and will resume at 10am tomorrow.

I don't want to mount a defence of her because it's poor, but it's also a hell of a job. These kinds of things are horrible balancing acts with a lot of he said/she said thrown in.

This is a fairly recent article where only 29% of social workers feel their workload is manageable: 'It's frustrating': UK social workers say they lack time and resources to do their job

Sadly she will end up being made a scapegoat for far bigger problems.
IMO, here is an adult (Ms. Williams) that has learned to respond in a manner that makes her job easier, and not in a manner that is appropriate for her ward and/or client. However, she's not alone -- we see parents every day that respond in a similar manner. MOO

He concluded: “Categorically I have not punched Logan as alleged and I have never punched him in the stomach. (The youth) has never touched Logan.”
^^rsbm

Of course, youth never touch Logan-- kind of like never throwing him down the stairs or punching the classmate in his midsection as witnessed in school. As for Cole's behavior -- testimony has already said it all.

Seriously, aside from the physical -- AW allowed and participated in the emotional abuse of her baby boy. The child was relegated to dining on cold cereal on the floor while the rest smacked their lips on "finger lickin good" KFC. Inexcusable, period. :eek:
Taking this completely out of the present context, I have to say that I think withholding of treats is an acceptable punishment for a child who has misbehaved or been disobedient.
Surely it is better than physical punishment? It doesn't harm the child.
Or do you think children should never be punished at all?

BTW referring to Logan as "her baby boy" - it's easy to forget that she did actually have a baby boy as well.

I don't want to mount a defence of her because it's poor, but it's also a hell of a job. These kinds of things are horrible balancing acts with a lot of he said/she said thrown in.

This is a fairly recent article where only 29% of social workers feel their workload is manageable: 'It's frustrating': UK social workers say they lack time and resources to do their job

Sadly she will end up being made a scapegoat for far bigger problems.
I think you are making some good points. I also kind of understands why she might have ignored him kicking her under the table, and hugging him in the end. I feel like she wanted too try to give him some unconditional love and acceptance, thinking he never really had that as a child, since his own mother assaulted him. JMO

The statement also said when Logan got Covid, he was confined to his bedroom and when he and Williamson delivered food to his room, he had to wear a mask and face the other way until they left the room.

10 days of that, for a young child. Potentially with no devices or human company.

Surely that alone constitutes a charge of neglect?

Eating treat food in front of a child that can't have it isn't an acceptable punishment as it's cruel.
I disagree. It is a mild penance, no more than that. I won't devalue the word "cruel".
Obviously if a child is unable to have it for, say, health reasons, then yes, it would be unkind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke