UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can find no military awards given to a "John Cole" that would tie up with his SAS story or when he could have been active service at all. Typically where SF are given awards they are listed in the Gazette under their original unit e.g. Para's, Marines, RAF Reg etc - From which the bulk of SAS/SBS is recruited. There is nothing, it's highly unusual for an SF soldier to have no medals.

I'm not sure we can reply on this IPP sentence to be factual - I absolutely don't believe Cole was in the SAS so why should we believe anything else?

I think it more likely that the IPP is another lie that he's used to coerce Angharad - 'if I get nicked (arrested) for XYZ then it won't be a slap on the wrist (negligible sentence/punishment) I'll be inside for life 'cause of me IPP.

weighing things up at this point (this point only) - I think John is responsible for Logan's death.

Angharad is absolutely responsible for neglecting Logan and allowing the death of a child... not convinced on a guilty for murder (yet)

The youth, at this stage (that may change as more evidence is heard of course) - I believe should he found not guilty of Logans murder but he needs some intensive, lengthy rehabilitation if there is any chance for a normal life for him.
Unsurprisingly I mostly agree with you. I don’t think we can believe anything that comes out of AW’s mouth because she just makes up narratives on the fly to fit whatever scenario she wants to portray.

I’m still in two minds about the youth’s involvement. I feel like from what we’ve heard so far he certainly has the capacity to have been violent towards Logan, but I also feel like he wouldn’t be able to keep quiet if he’d participated in the fatal attack(s).

Is AW actually charged with neglect or causing/allowing? If so then they’re a given IMO. I’m not convinced she didn’t play a part in the attack on Logan; she’s admitted to grabbing him by his pyjamas (although who knows if that’s true) and I wouldn’t be surprised if she hadn’t gone further than that.

All JMO of course.

I can find no military awards given to a "John Cole" that would tie up with his SAS story or when he could have been active service at all. Typically where SF are given awards they are listed in the Gazette under their original unit e.g. Para's, Marines, RAF Reg etc - From which the bulk of SAS/SBS is recruited. There is nothing, it's highly unusual for an SF soldier to have no medals.
There's no way he was in the SAS.

Oh, I know. I just wanted to find the evidence to put it to bed. If he's not in the London Gazette as having ever received a military award, he's most likely not even served in the military, never mind SF.
Sorry, that came across snappier than it was meant to! It was his delusions I was cutting dead not you :)

Right, she is afraid of Cole because he is attacking her son and threatening her, and so she takes her sleeping meds so she will not be able to wake up until morning---leaving her baby and toddler alone all night with the 2 volatile violent males.

I don't think she's what she is trying to sell. I came from a home with an alcoholic, schizophrenic mother who was a living nightmare. My dad got the violence and aggression even worse than I did. He was so under her thumb that (true story) - she punched me and broke her finger in the process while he was at work, when he came home he took her to A&E and just left me at home. The next day he was perfectly fine with leaving me at home with her. So I can understand how a victim of domestic violence can become so numb to it that they don't realise the seriousness of the situation.

Now I'm a dad I can't comprehend it, my dad is dead now so I will never get to ask him those questions father to father. But I know damn sure that if she'd gone too far and killed me, he'd have been completely broken, more so than he even was. Perhaps he'd have tried to hide some stuff out of shame, but how she has acted and what she's said does not at all come across to me as a DV victim. But instead a narcissist.

JMO.

IPP or not, it is a mystery to me how a violent youth could be given care by a former criminal (even family).
They formed lethal duo :(

The system is heavily biased in wanting to keep children with their parents wherever possible. When it comes to criminal records my understanding is how long ago, if it is likely to put the child at risk etc are all taken into account. If you had a drunken fight outside a pub 10 years ago that doesn't necessarily mean you are a risk to a child, if that makes sense.

My experience of the system, although different circumstances, was having my mother trying to attack me while she was being sectioned because I was apparently smirking, in front of doctors and I ended up having to try to keep her out of the spare room holding onto the door handle to stop her getting in while others tried to restrain her. I was like 9. The Police got called. No one ever talked to me at all, never mind to go "Hi mate, is this happening often?" Just spoke to my dad who clearly must have fobbed them off with the whole she is ill story. 3 weeks later she was out of the hospital, a couple of weeks later she stopped taking her meds again and everything went on as usual.

The system is so, so badly broken. Logan was failed, in the worst way possible. But he is the very sharp end of an enormous iceberg which I hope his death can have some purpose in exposing. Sadly no doubt we'll get a whitewash where it's all pinned on one social worker.

The reason I was wondering why no mention of the baby, mostly, is as what I'm getting at is the sheer danger that baby was in and possible harm / injury it may have already come to. Yet we have heard no mention.

A small two bed flat. A lethally violent 6ft 4 male known risk to the public. A dangerously violent fourteen year old Youth known risk to children and animals. A delusional / narcissistic mother who is knocking herself out on sleeping pills that she cannot wake up from. All three seemingly participated in kicking Logan around like a football and killed him.

AW did not provide a basic safe home for her children and did not care for them, was wildly inaccurate about Logan's basic human rights and need for safety, food, toileting.

The one year old baby was the most vulnerable member of that household - cannot speak, cannot run away, cannot use a phone, cannot scream for help - and is physically delicate. It only takes one push or shove or accidental fall for a baby to be killed instantly.

Are we supposed to believe that in all this violence - combat, scuffles, tripping, punching, stamping, throwing, kicking, and violent punitive measures on a daily basis plus all the and falling over / off / into furniture, that the baby has not once been harmed, as in badly physically injured. I don't believe that baby was safe for one minute all day every day unless AW locked it inside a small cupboard, how could it have been ? I also don't believe that baby would not have been in absolute terror from all the conflict and hate.

Being as the baby was at the utmost possible risk, is lucky to be alive, I strongly feel AW should be charged within the full remit of the law for endangering the life of her baby by dint of the very same level negligence, dishonesty, and abuse that resulted in Logan's death. It's time children had more rights than their abusive parents.

The reason I was wondering why no mention of the baby, mostly, is as what I'm getting at is the sheer danger that baby was in and possible harm / injury it may have already come to. Yet we have heard no mention.

A small two bed flat. A lethally violent 6ft 4 male known risk to the public. A dangerously violent fourteen year old Youth known risk to children and animals. A delusional / narcissistic mother who is knocking herself out on sleeping pills that she cannot wake up from. All three seemingly participated in kicking Logan around like a football and killed him.

AW did not provide a basic safe home for her children and did not care for them, was wildly inaccurate about Logan's basic human rights and need for safety, food, toileting.

The one year old baby was the most vulnerable member of that household - cannot speak, cannot run away, cannot use a phone, cannot scream for help - and is physically delicate. It only takes one push or shove or accidental fall for a baby to be killed instantly.

Are we supposed to believe that in all this violence - combat, scuffles, tripping, punching, stamping, throwing, kicking, and violent punitive measures on a daily basis plus all the and falling over / off / into furniture, that the baby has not once been harmed, as in badly physically injured. I don't believe that baby was safe for one minute all day every day unless AW locked it inside a small cupboard, how could it have been ? I also don't believe that baby would not have been in absolute terror from all the conflict and hate.

Being as the baby was at the utmost possible risk, is lucky to be alive, I strongly feel AW should be charged within the full remit of the law for endangering the life of her baby by dint of the very same level negligence, dishonesty, and abuse that resulted in Logan's death. It's time children had more rights than their abusive parents.
The baby is JCs biological child. I suspect Logan was targeted by JC because he had a different dad, the dad was a threat to insecure JC (the whole sharing a bed debacle and saying it was weird that BM and AW were in contact) and because of the colour of his skin.

I assume the baby has either been taken into care or placed with relatives since their arrests. The baby is young enough that if the LA are looking at foster care, instead of a kinship placement, they will look for a fostering to adoption placement.

Some people claim they have this uncontrollable anger problem but often it's incredibly calculated. As you say, a baby can't take it and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the baby got it "easier" for just that reason.

Not that I intend to make this thread about my history. But my mother was more than willing to be violent when I was defenceless - But old enough to take hits. When I hit puberty and all of a sudden I could overpower her the physical side magically stopped. Because it was calculated on her part that she could no longer win in a physical battle with me and I was willing to give it back unlike my dad. I would not be at all surprised if this was in reverse and they fully knew a baby couldn't take it.

JMO.

Last edited:
To my mind, it's very simple. The baby was not in danger, because they cared about it. JC and the youth didn't care one iota for Logan (for whatever multiple reasons we can infer), but they did care about the baby.
Do you mean
Scapegoat vs Golden Child?

But wasn't the youth jealous of JC's affection for the baby?

AW once told the youth:
"Leave my babies alone!" (Plural)

The baby is JCs biological child. I suspect Logan was targeted by JC because he had a different dad, the dad was a threat to insecure JC (the whole sharing a bed debacle and saying it was weird that BM and AW were in contact) and because of the colour of his skin.

I assume the baby has either been taken into care or placed with relatives since their arrests. The baby is young enough that if the LA are looking at foster care, instead of a kinship placement, they will look for a fostering to adoption placement.

I understand why you might think that but, The Youth isn't his biological child either and he didn't seem to have a problem with him ... unless, maybe he did ... Maybe the youth was treated exactly as Logan was but was fortunate enough to live through it ...

I understand why you might think that but, The Youth isn't his biological child either and he didn't seem to have a problem with him ... unless, maybe he did ... Maybe the youth was treated exactly as Logan was but was fortunate enough to live through it ...
There was this mysterious testimony that
"The youth was bullied".

Last edited:
Yes I am aware about the youth. We don’t know what treatment he received at the hands of JC. Maybe that will be in evidence still to come. The points I made about Logan, however, had already been shown in evidence.

I don't think the infant was at risk because he was the bio-child of the abuser. I think the way he treated the infant colored AW's picture of JC as a phenomenal father and/or parent.

<modsnip>

IMO, JC's problem with Logan was not something that just happened -- he resented him and didn't want him around from the beginning of his relationship with AW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member