UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan Mwangi murder trial continues with defendant giving evidence

RSBM

Mr Elias has finished his questioning and Peter Rouch QC, for Williamson, asks to speak to the judge in the absence of the jury.

do you think she will plead guilty PCOJ?

I hope it isn't to say that aw has changed her mind about giving testimony

He is probably telling the judge he just took a Rapid Results Covid test, and he is requesting to be released from this trial, no further notice...

:D

JC crafted a nice story for the jury today---but I am not buying it.

Somebody punched that child in the stomach several times with a lot of force. Someone created 56 separate bruises, many of them very large.

Someone stomped on his hands, hit or kicked him in the head, fractured some bones, and broke his clavicle.

Did mum do all of that by herself? As far as I know, she had no prior history of beating her boy like that. Why is it happening now?

Is it a coincidence that the youthful defender just happens to have training in jujitsu and is reported to have a bad habit of punching and kicking others?

JC did a great job erasing the youth from this narrative today. But the jury is still seeing him on the Zoom screen, and they are probably still wondering why he is not being mentioned in this story at all.

If JC was such a high minded, ethical man, who was full of integrity and NEVER harmed this poor dead child---why did he so quickly agree to stuff the boy into a garbage bag and fly tip him into the ditch?

After all that time and effort teaching him phonics and shuffling, he agrees within minutes to dump his remains, like garbage?

It’s odd. Not at least as to back up the youth’s fly tipping narrative, in the water works better.

The only thing I can think of, is that to put Logan in the river suggests permanent “disposal”. Whereas on the bank, he would be found like a baby in the bullrushes type thing. Maybe he thinks it reflects better on him.

Or could it be a different charge? PTCOJ as opposed to tampering with a body?

Possibly because from where LM was found in the river I assume he was thrown in?
No mention of wet clothes, trousers, of JC.
It could be about the harshness, violent act of throwing IMO
Placing on a riverbank sounds more of a 'gentle' act - JC maybe trying to reflect this in himself. Gentle taps on LM's hand and head etc etc.

ETA - I think JC is just minimising his part in all of this, it's like I'll admit to this and that in hope the jury thinks I'm telling the truth - classic tactic IMO.

Can't think of any other reason.

JMO

Agree with this idea.
Throwing is very much like a bag of rubbish ( which is most likely what happened ). He is trying, yet again, to paint himself as the kind, caring person.

JC still has to be cross examined. I think it’s a little early for that to be the reason.

The earlier he ( the QC ) gets this information in the better it is for the trial, as it will have an effect on the timings etc....having said that, I doubt she is going to miss her chance to be actress of the year.

Agree with this idea.
Throwing is very much like a bag of rubbish ( which is most likely what happened ). He is trying, yet again, to paint himself as the kind, caring person.

Or he knows that consciously put Logan in the water in the hope anything “incriminating” so to speak may get washed away by the water. But he can’t admit to that as it is quite damning as to the questions that would arise from that. So just acts baffled as to how he ended up in the water and leaves it there.

I wish I could find a link, but I remember reading that they found no evidence consistent with Logan having received CPR. I found that pretty significant.

Cole claimed he had performed CPR for between 10 and 15 minutes but accepted he had not called 999.

It was put to him that Logan had no injuries to his ribcage consistent with emergency resuscitation, but he insisted he had done the CPR.

Logan Mwangi death: Boy, 14, accused of murdering five-year-old 'sang about punching kids in the head'

He added: “It was all overwhelming, I knew it was the last time I was going to see Angharad…. I knew something had happened

Why would he think that ?

JC knew that the abduction story wasn't going to hold up! At this time, he's implicating AW as being responsible for the "freak accident," and that she would be charged and going away. He also stated he did not want to know the details as to what happened because he probably didn't want to give evidence against AW. JMO

JC crafted a nice story for the jury today---but I am not buying it.

Somebody punched that child in the stomach several times with a lot of force. Someone created 56 separate bruises, many of them very large.

Someone stomped on his hands, hit or kicked him in the head, fractured some bones, and broke his clavicle.

Did mum do all of that by herself? As far as I know, she had no prior history of beating her boy like that. Why is it happening now?

Is it a coincidence that the youthful defender just happens to have training in jujitsu and is reported to have a bad habit of punching and kicking others?

JC did a great job erasing the youth from this narrative today. But the jury is still seeing him on the Zoom screen, and they are probably still wondering why he is not being mentioned in this story at all.

If JC was such a high minded, ethical man, who was full of integrity and NEVER harmed this poor dead child---why did he so quickly agree to stuff the boy into a garbage bag and fly tip him into the ditch?

After all that time and effort teaching him phonics and shuffling, he agrees within minutes to dump his remains, like garbage?

What a sad state of testimony by JC for a child he shared 2 years with. I also do not believe there were any attempts to save Logan -- not from this bunch.

I'm reminded of the CBI agent questioning Chris Watts after Watts claimed his wife killed their girls and where the agent tells him that even if a parent finds their child decapitated, the natural reaction is to try to save and/or revive them at any cost.

Nope -- the CPR didn't happen. MOO

Just adding the youth's statement from earlier, which contradicts jc's account today

In his initial interviews the teenager said he had woken up and followed Cole outside while he was taking three black bags down to the river apparently to fly-tip – an exercise he said they had done previously to avoid paying for the rubbish to be removed.

He later accepted Cole had not been carrying bin bags that night but Logan’s body, after detectives informed him Cole had confessed to disposing of the youngster’s body.

But the youth maintained that at the time he believed what Cole had thrown into the river were bin bags full of “polystyrene and broken toys”.

Youth accused of murdering boy told police he thought body was waste in bin bags

Her big problem now though is that because her police statement about being asleep the whole night and having no knowledge of anything until the morning is quite obviously garbage (from her phone use evidence and the lights going on and off while the 2 of them were out), his statement on the stand looks to be the more credible.

His testimony still doesn't strike me as the least bit credible though. I don't think anyone who's heard the list of Logan's injuries will believe for a moment that this man never laid a hand on him except for gentle 'taps on the hand'. At best, he may have managed to drag her down with him.

JMO

His testimony still doesn't strike me as the least bit credible though. I don't think anyone who's heard the list of Logan's injuries will believe for a moment that this man never laid a hand on him except for gentle 'taps on the hand'. At best, he may have managed to drag her down with him.

JMO

Hard agree it is not all credible. I meant the bits about timings etc and who was awake when and knew what when. I find her statement that she was asleep all night and was only made aware the abduction story was fake was when she was presented with CCTV completely ridiculous. I just mean that at this stage given her bare faces lies, his tales about AW finding Logan dead and together concocting the abduction story and agreeing to wait until morning etc etc much more credible. But just because I think there is a bit more narrative truth to his tale doesn’t mean I believe it all. And I certainly believe he went along with it and didn’t call and ambulance or the police and initially lied etc etc is because he knows he was partially responsible.

The fact that all of them are pretending not to know that Logan had been severely injured will be their downfall and implicate all of them, in my opinion.
He would have been either screaming in agony or unconscious. It was a very small space, and you would be aware what was going on, even behind closed doors.
Plus, we must not forget that they declined to allow the social worker in to see Logan on 30th saying he was isolating due to Covid, but now they are saying he had tested negative so was allowed out of isolation from his room. It is my belief that he was likely unconscious at this time.

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members