UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross examination begins
The trial resumes.

Peter Rouch QC, for Williamson, begins cross examining John Cole.

In response to Mr Rouch’s questions about dumping Logan’s body on the riverbank, Cole said: “I didn’t act on my own, Angharad was involved as much as I was.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you try get to the bottom of it about why this child was dead?”

Cole said: “She said it was a freak accident…. My head was all over the place

Mr Rouch said: “You have a dead five-year-old, anyone would ask questions?”

Cole said: “No, I wasn’t thinking clearly.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you say ‘How did he die?’.”

Cole said: “I’ve answered that question.”

Mr Rouch said: “You met Angharad Williamson in April 2019, at that time Angharad was living with Logan at 5 Lower Llansantffraid, just the two of them, in their own flat, ample space, Logan was well cared for, he was a happy child.”

Cole said: “He was so-so. He spent most of his time in his bedroom watching a laptop.”

Mr Rouch said: “Was he a bright child?”

Cole said: “Yes.”

Mr Rouch said: “Was it clear Angharad adored him, and he adored Angharad?”

Cole said: “Yes, I never said she didn’t love Logan and Logan never loved her.”

Mr Rouch said: “When you first met Angharad, her mother didn’t live far away and she was a regular visitor.”

Mr Rouch said: “And Logan was close to his grandmother and would go for sleepovers.”

Mr Rouch said: “Logan was the centre of attention.”

Mr Rouch added: “Did she always say to you she wanted the perfect little family?”

Logan Mwangi murder trial continues with defendant giving evidence

The fact that all of them are pretending not to know that Logan had been severely injured will be their downfall and implicate all of them, in my opinion.
He would have been either screaming in agony or unconscious. It was a very small space, and you would be aware what was going on, even behind closed doors.
Plus, we must not forget that they declined to allow the social worker in to see Logan on 30th saying he was isolating due to Covid, but now they are saying he had tested negative so was allowed out of isolation from his room. It is my belief that he was likely unconscious at this time.

MOO

I hope he was unconscious, but sadly I don't believe he was. He died with his knees drawn up to his chest (according to JC's description, and I believe this, as it's how someone with severe abdominal pain presents. I'm not sure if JC knew that, if he did I feel he wouldn't have described him like that, perhaps?) I hope I am wrong though.

I hope he was unconscious, but sadly I don't believe he was. He died with his knees drawn up to his chest (according to JC's description, and I believe this, as it's how someone with severe abdominal pain presents. I'm not sure if JC knew that, if he did I feel he wouldn't have described him like that, perhaps?) I hope I am wrong though.

Agree, and he was found in the same position.

Hard agree it is not all credible. I meant the bits about timings etc and who was awake when and knew what when. I find her statement that she was asleep all night and was only made aware the abduction story was fake was when she was presented with CCTV completely ridiculous. I just mean that at this stage given her bare faces lies, his tales about AW finding Logan dead and together concocting the abduction story and agreeing to wait until morning etc etc much more credible. But just because I think there is a bit more narrative truth to his tale doesn’t mean I believe it all. And I certainly believe he went along with it and didn’t call and ambulance or the police and initially lied etc etc is because he knows he was partially responsible.

Yes, fair enough, I misunderstood you, apologies. I agree that JC presents a narrative that paints a very believable picture of the way events unfolded after Logan was found dead, and that that puts the last nail in the coffin of AW's account that she was fast asleep and believed he was missing when she woke up. I thought you meant that JC made her look guilty instead of himself, whereas imo they're both in a hole that keeps getting deeper with every passing hour. And still they dig. :rolleyes:

I 100% think it was the youth . I think they were aware of what he was doing and were both guilty of being rough with him but it was the youth that caused the major injuries MOO.
I don't think they realised how serious Logans injuries were , or at least didn't anticipate they were serious enough to cause death.
I hope he trips himself up with his cockiness if/when he gets on the stand .

Logan's father
Mr Rouch turns to the subject of Logan’s father.

He said: “Angharad took Logan to her father and Logan’s father. Was she about two days?”

Mr Rouch said: “Were you calling her constantly and she wasn’t taking all your calls.”

Cole said: “Have you got the phone records? No.”

Mr Rouch said: “You accused her of having some sort of relationship with Ben Mwangi?”

Cole said: “No…. Logan said he saw Mummy and Daddy kissing and Mummy and Daddy sleeping in the same bed.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you ask Angharad if it was true?”

Mr Rouch said: “Did she say it wasn’t true?”

Cole said: “Yes… it came out a few times.”

Mr Rouch said: “Jodie Simmonds said your attitude changed to Logan after that visit.”

Cole said: “No.”

Mr Rouch said: “She said everything changed between you, Angharad and especially Logan. Is that true?”

The court heard Mr Mwangi didn’t see Logan again after that meeting in London.

Cole said: “That wasn’t my fault.”

The defendant was asked if Logan mentioned about Williamson and his father kissing on the day before his body was found.

He said: “I think he did……(Logan) knew it wound her up.”

Mr Rouch said: “It’s not a question of you kept on about it, it’s not a question you kept pressing Logan about it ‘Did you see Mummy and Daddy kissing’, and you carried on doing that during your relationship with Angharad, you would get fixated on it and constantly ask Logan about it?”

Earlier, I asked Philip Dewey via Twitter if the upstairs neighbour has given evidence. He just responded to say he doesn't believe they have. I can only assume they were interviewed by police but have no useful evidence for the prosecution. I hope this helps anyone else who has been wondering about that upstairs light!

Mr Rouch said: “It’s not a question of you kept on about it, it’s not a question you kept pressing Logan about it ‘Did you see Mummy and Daddy kissing’, and you carried on doing that during your relationship with Angharad, you would get fixated on it and constantly ask Logan about it?”

YES!!

'Would Logan flinch when you spoke to him?'
The defendant was asked if he spoke in a loud voice and if it would become aggressive. He conceded that sometimes it did.

Mr Rouch said: “Would Logan flinch when you spoke to him?”

Cole said: “He had no reason to flinch… No.”

Mr Rouch said: “He had a bit of a stammer, when you spoke to him in a loud voice would his stammer get worse?

Cole said: “Sometimes…… His stammer had got worse for months.”

The topic chances to Angharad’s mother.

Mr Rouch said: “Contact with her mother ceased didn’t it?”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you say to Angharad her mother was interfering and you as a family could look after difficulties with Logan on your own?”

Cole said: “There were a number of things that led up to it.”

Mr Rouch said: “There was an incident she had Logan in the car, went into the bank alone and left Logan in the car and the police were called.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you say ‘We can’t trust her, we can’t trust her to look after Logan?’.”

Cole said: “It’s not correct but ok.”

Mr Rouch said: “She lost contact with her mother.”

Cole said: “Through Angharad’s choice.”

It’s put to Cole that Williamson ceased contact with two friends at this time as well.

Cole said: “Again, that was Angharad’s choice.”

'Would Logan flinch when you spoke to him?'
The defendant was asked if he spoke in a loud voice and if it would become aggressive. He conceded that sometimes it did.

Mr Rouch said: “Would Logan flinch when you spoke to him?”

Cole said: “He had no reason to flinch… No.”

Mr Rouch said: “He had a bit of a stammer, when you spoke to him in a loud voice would his stammer get worse?

Cole said: “Sometimes…… His stammer had got worse for months.”

The topic chances to Angharad’s mother.

Mr Rouch said: “Contact with her mother ceased didn’t it?”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you say to Angharad her mother was interfering and you as a family could look after difficulties with Logan on your own?”

Cole said: “There were a number of things that led up to it.”

Mr Rouch said: “There was an incident she had Logan in the car, went into the bank alone and left Logan in the car and the police were called.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you say ‘We can’t trust her, we can’t trust her to look after Logan?’.”

Cole said: “It’s not correct but ok.”

Mr Rouch said: “She lost contact with her mother.”

Cole said: “Through Angharad’s choice.”

It’s put to Cole that Williamson ceased contact with two friends at this time as well.

Cole said: “Again, that was Angharad’s choice.”

'Ere we go ....... going for 'coercive control' imo :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads