UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I missed a chunk off the last one so I reposted. Not doing so well today, too many things at once!

Interesting the reference to hearing aids again, yet there was no record of hearing loss on her medical records. Trying to make out she wouldn’t hear I guess

Don't apologise Sooty, you are doing a grand job as always. It is very easy to miss a chunk when they put two sections in quickly. I'm still smarting from my experience on Monday of being told off for my failure to put the links in!

Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum gives evidence

Rsbm

Williamson said: “Jay said: ‘Get down the *advertiser censored***** end’ and walloped Logan to the back of the head (Demonstrates this).”

Mr Rouch said: “You’re indicating a slap to the back of the head…. How hard was the slap?"

Williamson said: “It wasn’t hard at all….. I shut it down straight away and said ‘Get out, I’m dealing with this’.”

by definition a wallop is a very hard smack.

ETA why did it require two of them in the bathroom?? I wonder.

MOO

<modsnip> ………being a victim of domestic violence does not make a woman a bad mother. It is always the man who is inflicting the violence who is in the wrong.

“She should have just left”, “I wouldn’t stand for that”, “how could she ‘let’ him do that”… all very easy to say until it’s a real situation that you or someone close to you are in. IMHO

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Williamson said she took her medication at around 10pm. She said: “It makes me quite sleepy.”

She said she wouldn’t take the medication unless there was another adult in the house so they could look after Logan.

The defendant said she fell asleep around 10.30pm. She said: “I fell asleep so quickly, I was exhausted from the week we had.”

So she only takes this medication IF there is another adult to 'look after Logan'? :rolleyes: The same adult who has threatened to kill him, has punched him so hard that he flew across the hallway, and encourages the 14 yr old to assault him?

She is not helping herself with some of this questionable testimony.

Snipped from testimony above

Williamson said: “I thought I had made enough racket for people to come and save Logan, to save all of us.

We know, from neighbours testimony, that AW and JC shouted and argued on a very regular basis, so I doubt they would take any notice of her outburst on that day

Let's put this in context. This woman is ON TRIAL for murder here. So it is relevant and important to discuss exactly what she did or did not do to protect her 5 year old boy, before his brutal murder.

I do not fault her for not leaving someone who was abusing HER. That is her business. But I will speak up for her innocent child who was being brutally beaten by the two males in HER home. JMO

completely agree with you - and just to follow from this, we know she had the capacity to leave a DV situation, as she did with her former husband JH.

I thought as a previous victim of DV ,AW had alarms in her house so if she had felt she was unable to safely leave she could have called for help .

But as a victim wanting a fairytale family, did she just not want to admit it was all that bad once she was calm? Maybe JC, in his efforts to calm her down, promised to make better efforts? Its very difficult when there is DV involved. IMO it's impossible to know or even understand the full situation, even when you are the victim.

. I started shouting. He said: ‘Stop shouting. When women shout they call the police’, I said that was double standards…

i found this quote so chilling. My abusive partner would say something * very similar if I ever got upset. I doubt Jay was really good during the period since 2006, probably just better at covering up the crimes he took part in.

…rsbm

At 10pm to 10.30pm Williamson took Logan to the toilet during which he slipped on the toilet seat. Williamson said: “He was really sleepy.”

wonder why this is mentioned? My thoughts are, when these seemingly random bits of details are recalled, it’s because they have significance to the witness. Something important relates to it, even if it is just a case of the witness becoming aware that something has happened, putting 2 and 2 together so to speak.

MOO

But as a victim wanting a fairytale family, did she just not want to admit it was all that bad once she was calm? Maybe JC, in his efforts to calm her down, promised to make better efforts? Its very difficult when there is DV involved. IMO it's impossible to know or even understand the full situation, even when you are the victim.

It was her child who was being assaulted. She was not the direct victim,it was a 5year old.

<modsnip> ………being a victim of domestic violence does not make a woman a bad mother. It is always the man who is inflicting the violence who is in the wrong.

“She should have just left”, “I wouldn’t stand for that”, “how could she ‘let’ him do that”… all very easy to say until it’s a real situation that you or someone close to you are in. IMHO

<modsnip>

Hear hear. Well said.

'I went to his room to take him toilet and he wasn’t there'
Angharad Williamson is asked by her barrister Peter Rouch QC about the day Logan’s body was found. She was emotional and crying throughout questioning.

Mr Rouch said: “Did you wake at all before the morning?”

Williamson said: “No, I woke up at 5.30am. I go for a wee, take Loges for a wee.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you know [Cole] took Logan’s dead body out and put it by the river?”

Williamson said: “No I didn’t….I went to his room to take him toilet and he wasn’t there. I said ‘Jay where is he?’ and I couldn’t find him ….

“I was hysterical, my child was missing and no-one knew where he was.”

Mr Rouch said: “Can you remember what you were saying?”

Williamson said: “Parts of it. I was more focused on trying to find Logan.”

Mr Rouch said: “Where did you go?” Williamson said: “I went out to the back garden, was shouting out there, went to the front of the house, checked all the beds. I looked everywhere. He hadn’t taken his shoes or coat.”

Mr Rouch said: “You couldn’t see him in the flat or area around the flat?”

Williamson said: “No….. I called the police.”

She said Cole and the youth said Logan had been wearing dinosaur bottoms and a Spiderman top.

“I told [police] he hadn’t taken his shoes or coat, I was so scared he was going to be cold and alone.”

Mr Rouch said: “We’ve heard the 999 call and body-worn footage of police arriving on the scene. The prosecution suggest what happened then was a sham by you and make believe. Is that true?”

Williamson said: “You can’t fake feelings like that. You can’t fake feelings like that.”

Mr Rouch said: “How were you feeling?”

Williamson said: “I was so scared and then it was true – my worst nightmare. He was gone, I didn’t know where he was gone, I didn’t know if he was safe. He was my little boy and he was out there on his own.”

Mr Rouch said: “Was the back door locked or open?”

Willliamson said: “We had problems with it.”

It was her child who was being assaulted. She was not the direct victim,it was a 5year old.
I believe she should have, and could have, done much more.

But she was, if any of her testimony is true, also a victim. Not physically, but mentally and emotionally. We can only go by what is reported, and it's a very difficult case to fathom any sort of truth. I am not being sympathetic towards her, just wanted to highlight the difficulties around DV situations.

They told me he was dead but I didn’t believe them'
Angahard Williamson was asked by her barrister Peter Rouch QC why she initially accused a woman of taking Logan.

She said: “Logan is a clever little boy – he wouldn’t have gone out on his own. He didn’t take his shoes and coat so someone must have taken him.”

Mr Rouch said: “You said at the start of your evidence your a person who can go high from low. Are you able to curtail your emotions?”

Williamson said: “I can’t. I’ve tried for years and taken hormone medication. I’m an overly emotional person and you can see it on my face and in my body language.”

Mr Rouch said: “Were you told what was happening and if Logan had been found?”

Williamson said: “No, I could see something was going on but no-one would tell me.”

Mr Rouch said: “DId you come to know Logan was in the river?”

Williamson said: “Yeah, it might have been Rhiannon (Hales, a friend), Jay (John Cole), or [the youth] but someone told me.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you know Logan was being taken to hospital?” Williamson said: “Not at first no.”

Mr Rouch said: “What did you do?” Williamson said: “I packed a bag for him.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you know Logan was dead?” Williamson said: “They told me he was but I didn’t believe them.”

Mr Rouch said: “When you went to the hospital how were you feeling?” Williamson said: “They had to pull over the car because I vomited everywhere.”

Mr Rouch said: “When you got to the hospital you spent some hours at the hospital. You didn’t accompany Logan’s body to the mortuary. Why was that?”

Williamson said: “When I first turned up (breaks down into tears....” Mrs Justice Jefford said: “Take your time.”

Williamson continued: “When I turned up and saw Logan’s dead body he had all these tubes coming out of his mouth and had all these bruises all over him.”

Mr Rouch said: “You’re obviously very upset.” Williamson said: “That’s my little boy.”

Mr Rouch said: “It will be easier for you if you answer my questions not to prolong this for you.”

Williamson said: “I couldn’t go to the mortuary because they were going to put him in a body bag and they didn’t want me being distressed. They said I could see him after the autopsy.”

Mr Rouch said: “For what purpose?”

Williamson said: “I was going to wash all the mud away and put him in clothes because he was all cold and wet.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did that happen?”

Williamson said: “No, I never got to say goodbye.”

Mr Rouch said: “There were police officers [at the hospital]. At one stage you left the room where Logan was and spoke to a police officer. How did they deal with you?”

Williamson said: “I felt like I was getting interrogated. Everyone kept asking me the same questions over and over again but nobody was giving me any answers. I was frustrated, Everyone seemed to know more than me about what was going on.”

I believe she should have, and could have, done much more.

But she was, if any of her testimony is true, also a victim. Not physically, but mentally and emotionally. We can only go by what is reported, and it's a very difficult case to fathom any sort of truth. I am not being sympathetic towards her, just wanted to highlight the difficulties around DV situations.

I don't think she was a victim of violence at the hands of her co-defendant. She has testified that he has never harmed her physically.

This case is about his violence towards her 5 yr old son.

Williamson describes aftermath of being arrested
Angharad Williamson is now asked by her barrister Peter Rouch QC about events when she returned home from hospital.

She said: “[I went to] 20 Maesglas. I signed my house over to the police to help find out what happened to Logan.”

Mr Rouch said: “Were John Cole and [the youth] there?" Williamson said: “Yes…. They were in the kitchen and living room.”

Mr Rouch said: “How did [the youth] seem to be?” Williamson said: “Like normal, like nothing had ever happened. I asked Jay why he was acting like this…. He said he didn’t know how to process it and he was still in shock.”

Mr Rouch said: “How was the Saturday itself?” Williamson said: “Just a blur, just……”

Mr Rouch said: “You were arrested on the Sunday and taken to Bridgend police station. When you were at Bridgend police station was anything going on?” Williamson said: “The youth was there as well.”

Mr Rouch said: “Were there any members of the public?” Williamson said: “A camera crew… They were following me around the police station filming me.”

Mr Rouch said: “You had a solicitor and were interviewed by the police.”

Williamson said: “I was shown a video of still frames…. Of what Jay and [the youth] did, carrying Logan.”

Mr Rouch said: “You didn’t mention what happened on the Thursday in the first four interviews. Why didn’t you tell police?”

Williamson said: “I was scared… Of Jay…. He told me he was in the SAS, he had been in prison before, had connections.”

Mr Rouch said: “Had you believed all of that?” Williamson said: “Yes…. At first I felt safe by it, I had a man who protected me from everything but it wasn’t protection but ‘I will find you’ and it was scary.”

Mr Rouch said: “Who were you afraid for?” Williamson said: “Myself.”

Williamson said she was threatened in prison and changed her appearance
The court heard the defendant was charged with perverting the course of justice and was taken to HMP Eastwood Park, a women’s prison in Gloucestershire.

Barrister Peter Rouch QC asked his client Angharad Williamson: “Tell us what happened at Eastwood Park?”

Willaimson said: “I turned up, I got bombarded with abuse from the other girls. ‘Child murderer, kill yourself before we kill you, wrong’un, nonce’.

“I was locked in a cell….I was on [the induction wing] a month because of all the death threats I was getting….. It wasn’t safe, I didn’t come out of my cell for two weeks.”

Williamson was then placed on the medical ward and was on 24-hour watch for a month.

Mr Rouch said: “Because of what you say was happening to you did prison authorities try to assist?”

Williamson said: “They can’t protect you from everything, they isolated me off from everybody …. They changed my name from Angharad to Angie and where I had bright pink hair, they said dye your hair, here are some glassed, change your image, we’ll try to blend you in as much as we can.”

Williamson got offered a cleaning job on the induction wing in the staff areas. She was asked about witness and fellow inmate Joanne Brooks but the defendant said she didn’t get on with her or discuss her case with her. She said other inmates were supportive of her. Williamson said: “She had a double bed to herself so she felt like the queen bee.”

Mr Rouch said: “How long were you in that situation?”

Williamson said: “I was there until I got taken to Bristol police station.”

Mr Rouch said: “Is that when you were charged with the offence of murder?”

Williamson nodded. She said: “I got put back on the induction wing…. I had to be isolated off again."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member