GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while? , we only have a snapshot of that week, they'd just been on holiday, we know they were at JC's on 27th, back at AW's on 28th.
Nothing to say all of JC's and the youths belonging's were at AW's, nothing to suggest the house at Maeglas was empty, nothing to suggest they were actually 'living together'.

I agree. Never said they were living together. Not once. Don't think they were.

I do think they were planning to move in together. I do think they may have been having a trial run at how it would be living in her flat together.

Hosting people in one's social housing flat for a whole week, creating overcrowding, possibly annoying neighbours, when that flat was given on the grounds of fleeing domestic abuse, could indeed be a breach of tenancy and benefits, even only for one week. The covid excuse would be enough of an exception even though it doesn't make much sense.

Someone here, dunno who, said that his hair had not really been shaved so much as it was a short haircut. The evidence is that it was shaved very close to the head.

It's interesting to me personally, as in the case of little Star, her step mother also instructed her hair to be shaved close.

Put in simple terms.
IMO LM's hair was shaved to look like JC -
The start of grooming LM by JC to be perceived as more 'masculine' , or AW's way of trying to make LM fit in with JC as she knew JC didn't like him.
Molding another of the boys into himself, as it seems he did with the youth.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we learned that the youth had shaved, cut short, grade 1, hair (at one stage) too.

MOO.

Last edited:
Someone here, dunno who, said that his hair had not really been shaved so much as it was a short haircut. The evidence is that it was shaved very close to the head.

It's interesting to me personally, as in the case of little Star, her step mother also instructed her hair to be shaved close.
Shaving always has derogatory meaning for a person: prisoners, women who slept with enemy during the war, people having lice, etc.

While cutting hair short is neutral.

Since I have wandered deep into this subject area of their housing / benefits. Some thoughts:

The Youth may have been housed with JC, despite his lack of credibility and long history of convictions for violence, as the Youth would not be a risk to JC. Read between the lines, the Youth is a risk to everyone else and every type of foster carer dynamic.

That maybe means the Youth could not be merged into a family unit whatsoever, including with AW and Logan and the baby. If the Youth is JC's son it becomes more of a grey area as they are all, apart from Logan, flesh and blood and can maybe do as they please.

But the Youth cannot be housed with Logan due to being a risk. Major issue.

So, the two kept separate households whilst AW 'fought to prove to social services' in her own words to prove how 'phenomenal' and changed a man JC is.

JC and AW were probably also trying to prove to social services that the Youth is not a risk to Logan. Without that risk being removed, they could never live together with Logan and the Youth under one household.

Since I have wandered deep into this subject area of their housing / benefits. Some thoughts:

The Youth may have been housed with JC, despite his lack of credibility and long history of convictions for violence, as the Youth would not be a risk to JC. Read between the lines, the Youth is a risk to everyone else and every type of foster carer dynamic.

That maybe means the Youth could not be merged into a family unit whatsoever, including with AW and Logan and the baby. If the Youth is JC's son it becomes more of a grey area as they are all, apart from Logan, flesh and blood and can maybe do as they please.

But the Youth cannot be housed with Logan due to being a risk. Major issue.

So, the two kept separate households whilst AW 'fought to prove to social services' in her own words to prove how 'phenomenal' and changed a man JC is.

JC and AW were probably also trying to prove to social services that the Youth is not a risk to Logan. Without that risk being removed, they could never live together with Logan and the Youth under one household.

Does all this really matter as they will never be living together again.

Does all this really matter as they will never be living together again.

:( Heartbreaking for Logan and that baby. But true.

It matters in terms of motive(s) and also who actually murdered Logan.

If JC is the type of character I suspect, then he *knew* the relationship is at a crisis point.
If my assumptions about his arrangement of care for the Youth are correct (very likely)...

JC was fully aware him and the Youth cannot live with AW & Logan in any context. AW didn't go into the relationship knowing any of this.

The Youth was probably fully aware of that fact because at his age he would have been involved in the discussions about his placement.

Meanwhile, delusional fantasist AW is making wedding plans, sending pictures of her engagement ring, and fitting out Logan in page boy outfits, telling everyone how 'phenomenal' JC is and TikToking the Youth.

But there was never going to be any way forwards and JC *knew* that.

That is why JC lost his mind. It was a ticking time bomb. These are the type of situations where more wealthy privileged violent men kill the whole family plus the dogs and horses. Cos they can't see a way out of a predicament and they can't see a future.

JMOO

FYI it was me. I hadn't seen the photo that was posted later.
I do not think it has any relevance either way. Shaved heads are commonly seen and even fashionable, so it wouldn't have drawn much attention as it would have years ago.

And... that is why AW said she would hand Logan in to social services and / or kill herself and Logan.

All of this... it was nothing to do with covid at all.
But how can one "hand in" a child as if a commodity?
And keep another child? (a baby)

And where in all this is a bio father?
He had also responsibilty towards his son.

Last edited:
BBM

There's another unexplored alternative.
The youth could have ultimately gone back to his Mother.

Your theory depends on whether JC actually wanted full custody of the youth long term, or simply stepped up temporarily.

I was also wondering if JC was providing temporary care. Maybe the youth was going to be given a place at a residential school for children with behavioural difficulties or a more suitable foster home found for him.

I'm not as familiar with the British system. Will the prosecution weave together the facts in evidence to give what it believes is the most likely scenario? Using all the disparate facts and testimonies, will we learn something about the timing of the different attacks on the boy? The evidence regarding the youth seems rather thin. When did he attack Logan as opposed to being attacked by JC alone? It seems like a weaker case. Why did JC choose the youth over the mother of his child? It would have been credible for both the adults to point the finger at him.

It was the first time I had seen that photo too. Previous ones did show him with short hair. I wonder if it was shaved at the beginning of the holidays as it would not have been a suitable style for school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your insightful comments. I comment rarely but read everything with interest.

I have two thoughts. The first may have been made previously but if JC is the youth's official carer he could be claiming carer's allowance which would be an incentive to maintain the status quo.

Secondly, he has been to prison before and must know child killers are not well thought of inside. Perhaps his decision to cover for the youth is to try and prove himself not to be a grass and improve his status on being sent to prison. Just my opinion:)

But how can one "hand in" a child as if a commodity?
And keep another child? (a baby)

And where in all this is a bio father?
He had also responsibilty towards his son.

Just another example of AW’s attitude towards her child and her avoidance of responsibility :( It also shows how erratic she could be, on one hand avoiding services and IMO probably resenting their interference, yet on the other hand she allegedly wanted to relinquish Logan to that very same system.

I’d be surprised if a child living in Logan’s environment didn’t demonstrate challenging behaviours, whether it was to get his needs met, express his distress or even in imitation of the awful male role models he had. Rather than take a step back and really consider her child and what he may have been communicating to her, rather than take the support offered by social work, AW maintained the status quo and colluded with JC to label Logan as the problem because it suited her.

MOO.

Thank you all for your insightful comments. I comment rarely but read everything with interest.

I have two thoughts. The first may have been made previously but if JC is the youth's official carer he could be claiming carer's allowance which would be an incentive to maintain the status quo.

Secondly, he has been to prison before and must know child killers are not well thought of inside. Perhaps his decision to cover for the youth is to try and prove himself not to be a grass and improve his status on being sent to prison. Just my opinion:)

That's exactly what I believe.

In negotiating the Youth's residence order or whatever the correct terminology is, JC would have ensured they have a large enough home allocated to them and enough money to live on. When it comes to an exceptionally vulnerable and high risk child, the Youth's situation would have been a legal issue.

The state saves thousands of pounds a week by getting a relative to be the 'carer' / guardian. It's one of the biggest scandals in the UK that private companies step in to 'care' for such children who aren't imprisoned but aren't safe and have no family to look after them in large houses with security staff and charge upwards of £3,000 per week per child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray@Payton