UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appearing at Newport Crown Court on Friday Logan's stepfather Cole, of Maesglas, Ynysawdre, Bridgend, spoke only to confirm his name and date of birth.

Williamson, Logan's mother, was not present in court but appeared via video link from HMP Eastwood Park. The defendant, of Lower Llansantffraid, Sarn, Bridgend, also spoke only to confirm her age and date of birth.

The youth defendant also appeared in person at Newport Crown Court with the assistance of a support worker.

A provisional trial date of January 31, 2022, was given with a time estimate of four weeks.

Judge Michael Fitton QC remanded Cole and Williamson in custody to appear for a plea and trial preparation hearing on November 12. The youth was remanded in the care of the local authority.

Trial date set for three people charged in connection with boy's death
Just bringing this post forward with the date of next hearing and provisional trial date.

Death of boy, five, may have been 'violent or unnatural', inquest told

1 Sept 2021

[..]
An inquest for a five-year-old boy found dead in a river heard his death may have been "violent or unnatural".

Logan Mwangi's body was found in the Ogmore River near Pandy Park in Bridgend on Saturday, July 31.

It was later discovered he had sustained multiple injuries including a torn liver, an internal head injury, and a broken collarbone.

[..]

Assistant coroner Rachel Knight said: "I am satisfied it's necessary to open an inquest as there is reason to expect his death maybe violent or unnatural.

[..]

A provisional trial date has been set for January 31, 2022, and is estimated to last four weeks.

ETA:

So much for his mother sitting clinging to her son's body at hospital for two hours..

Senior coroner officer Lauren Howitt said Logan was formally identified by his grandmother Claire Williamson.

PTCOJ AND murder? MOO or rather just a scenario;
13 year old goes in and is able to explain the crime scene in great detail due to possibility he had more involvement (a lot) than we know, and because the evidence he was able to give was so exact, if he then told PD it was JC and AW knew or something along those lines……. Well JC is the ‘suspect’. BUT why the PTCOJ on top of a full blown murder charge? Because they know things might take a turn and the lesser PTCOJ charge is still something to get him on in the end? Who doesn’t PTCOJ when murdering someone? Not many people. Perhaps JC and AW knew, or at least one knew what happened and initially tried to cover up….perhaps to their peril….
They don’t just throw at PTCOJ charge on a kid and trial them like an adult for being frightened and ‘going along with it’ say perhaps. Actually the leverage with kids and the justice system can at times be too slack and loaded guns are let into society, purely because of age etc.
I don’t know and I don’t like SM but reading the settling alight of someone and his behaviour (of course it may very well be all silly gossip) and then seeing kindling…? It’s all just lacking in anything substantial at the moment which doesn’t help, but I pray that little boy can rest in heaven while the truth comes out and justice served down here for him and perhaps saving others…

it’s not a secret that JC was a criminal…what hardened criminal would concoct such a silly, movie scene type cover up? That’s one bit that really has me wondering… would that be someone who knows how to lie and cover up their way through crimes to avoid being caught work?

again this is just the wanderings of my own brain, a brain that’s barely reliable and MOO

edit in: if I’ve said or worded anything in a way against rules or said things I’m not meant to, please forgive me, I’m very new

14-year-old boy has been charged with murdering a five-year-old boy who was found dead in a river.

Logan Mwangi, also known as Logan Williamson, was discovered in the River Ogmore, Bridgend county, on 31 July.

South Wales Police said the teenager would appear at Cardiff Magistrates' Court later this morning.

Logan's mother and step-father, and a teenage boy, have already appeared in court in connection with his death.

John Cole, 39, has been charged with murder.

Logan Mwangi: Boy, 14, charged with five-year-old's murder

14-year-old charged with murder of Logan Mwangi | ITV News
14-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of five-year-old Logan Mwangi, who was found dead in the River Ogmore.

South Wales Police said detectives investigating the death Logan Mwangi from Sarn, also known as Logan Williamson, have charged a 14 year-old boy with murder.

The teen will appear before Cardiff Magistrates Court on Thursday morning.

John Cole, 39 of Sarn, Bridgend, previously appeared at Newport Crown court charged with the murder of Logan Mwangi as well as perverting the course of justice.

Logan's mother Angharad Williamson, 30, of Sarn, along with a youth also appeared charged with perverting the course of justice.

Cole and WIlliamson were remanded in custody until a plea and trial preparation hearing on 12 November with a proposed trial date of 31 January.

14-year-old boy has been charged with murdering a five-year-old boy who was found dead in a river.

Logan Mwangi, also known as Logan Williamson, was discovered in the River Ogmore, Bridgend county, on 31 July.

South Wales Police said the teenager would appear at Cardiff Magistrates' Court later this morning.

Logan's mother and step-father, and a teenage boy, have already appeared in court in connection with his death.

John Cole, 39, has been charged with murder.

Logan Mwangi: Boy, 14, charged with five-year-old's murder

Huh? So now we have a 14 yr old charged with murder AND a 13-year-old boy, who was previously charged with perverting the course of justice? And assuming both youths cannot be identified for legal reasons. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke