GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1 minute ago
Louise had ‘one drink’ the night before she went missing
The night before Louise went missing, she had a glass of rum mixed with lemonade, Mays said.

‘Me and CJ were going to have a nice quiet drink and Louise was going to have a munch and watch some films,’ he said.

‘I didn’t give her much alcohol.'

That night, Louise sent her friends Snapchats saying she was drunk, and posted one on the morning of May 8 saying she had the ‘worst hangover ever’.

Louise Smith murder trial: Live updates as Shane Mays set to give evidence
Wasn't Louise on meds? They might not have mixed well with alcohol. MOO

2 minutes ago
Where Shane Mays and Louise Smith walked
Contrary to what he told police, Mays and Louise Smith didn’t walk anywhere near the skate parks.

Instead, they walked up towards Middle Park Way, before heading up the B2419 towards Rowland’s Castle, then heading into Havant Thicket and past the pond.

The pair talked about Louise decorating her bedroom when they moved out of Ringwood House and her breaking up with boyfriend Bradley, according to Mays.

1 minute ago
Court pauses for lunch
Defence barrister Andrew Langdon QC is approaching an ‘important bit of evidence’ that could take some time, so the court has broken for lunch.

12:47JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant's relationship with Louise's boyfriend
Shane Mays says he had met Louise's boyfriend, Bradley Kercher, once before he m (sic)

Louise's boyfriend, Bradley Kercher, moved into the at the same time as her. Shane Mays said he had met Bradley once before then and that they their relationship was "alright", but he "wasn't keen on him".

Louise and Bradley slept together in the sitting room on a mattress.

12:49JAMIE PHILLIPS
Louise and boyfriend would 'smoke weed' in flat, court hears
Shane Mays tells the court that Louise and boyfriend Bradley would "smoke weed in the flat", despite protestations from he and Louise's aunt, CJ.

The court also hears of how Louise would leave that flat to meet friends, but would return "seeming stones" - leading to arguments with CJ.

12:53JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant's relationship broke down with Louise's boyfriend
Shane Mays tells of how Bradley Kercher got into an argument with CJ and "words were said". He adds that Bradley was "slagging off members of the family", which CJ took exception to.

He was "getting into her face", the jury is told.

Mr Mays then told Bradley to leave the flat the day after.

12:56JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant asked about the day Louise goes missing
Mr Landon QC is now asking Shane Mays about the day Louise went missing on May 8 earlier this year.

Mays had gotten out of bed at between 10am and 11am, before walking to nearby shops at 11.33am.

Louise had said she was going to meet a friend to get some clothes and would return to meet boyfriend Bradley at the flat at 3pm.

Louise Smith murder trial updates as Shane Mays gives evidence

12:58JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant and Louise left the flat at the same time
Shane Mays and Louise Smith left their flat at Ringwood House at the same time. This was because Louise "doesn't like to walk alone" and wanted Shane to join her in case she had to carry more than one bag of clothes.

Mr Langdon QC then runs the jury through the route the pair took.

13:03JAMIE PHILLIPS
Louise lied about meeting friend to get clothes, court hears
Shane Mays tells the court that, around halfway during their walk together, Louise said it as a lie that she was going to meet a friend and that she "just wanted me to come out to get me on my own".

We got halfway up and she said it was a lie and she just wanted me to come out to get me on her own. so she could have a chat. She told me she wanted me to decorate her bedroom when she gets one when we get a new place. There was talk of us move into a new place as Louise was living with us. We wanted to move anywhere out the area.

She said something about the colour violet, she waned a double-bed, carpet, lots of little things, really. I said I would help her get the painting done for her, build the furniture and things like that.

She also asked me for money, for £30 to buy some clothes and I said I did not have money to lend her.

13:05JAMIE PHILLIPS
Louise spoke to defendant about relationship with boyfriend, court hears
Shane Mays tells the court that Louise opened up to him about her relationship with Bradley Kercher.

She wanted to break up with him as she wasn't too sure she was in love with him.

They had petty arguments over what time he was coming round, or when he was leaving. She had never spoken to me about these things. She would never open up to me.

13:06JAMIE PHILLIPS
Court rises for lunch
Court has risen for a lunch break.

Proceedings, as well as our coverage, will resume at 1.45pm.

@Harchmare - thank you so much for doing all the updates - I know how time consuming it can be

I am busy all day but can add input this evening if you want a break or have no further time today

Fascinated to see where Defence is going with this fairy story when they resume this afternoon....

@Harchmare - thank you so much for doing all the updates - I know how time consuming it can be

I am busy all day but can add input this evening if you want a break or have no further time today

Fascinated to see where Defence is going with this fairy story when they resume this afternoon....
Thanks Alyce! I'd love a break from 2.30 to 3.00 if someone can update then - otherwise I'll catch up later on.

I'm thinking he'll try to put the blame on the boyfriend somehow... Or cast doubt.

1 minute ago
Mays punched Louise several times as argument escalated
When walking through Havant Thicket together, Louise brought up wanting to take cannabis again, Mays has told the court.

He says he told her she would end up ‘like her mum’ and claims Louise then hit him with a big stick.

Being questioned in court, he said: 'I grabbed the branch off her, then punched her in the face. I was angry for what she said the night before and just then.

‘I was angry and lost control of myself.’

Mays admitted that he hit her ‘several times’ before leaving her on the floor and walking off.

When asked if he had heard bones breaking, he said ‘I heard cracks but I’m not sure.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back