GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
15:27JAMIE PHILLIPS
Mays accused of lying to police in interview
Mr Newton-Price QC continues to ask Shane Mays about his interviews with police after being arrested on May 14.

You spent a lot of time giving detail about your trip to Emsworth skate park, seeing three lads and pointing them out.

This was all lies, do you agree? In fact, very detailed lies in order to point the police in the wrong direction.

Mays disagrees.

Louise Smith murder trial updates as accused continues to give evidence

7 minutes ago
Court hears more about white van kidnap
Earlier in the trial, the court heard that Mays told police about a plan to kidnap Louise, supposedly set up by Louise’s mother. When interviewed by police on May 15, he also said Louise’s boyfriend was a ‘shady person’.

Prosecuting, Mr Newton-Price said: 'It was all lies. In fact very detailed lies that you have thought about in order to point police in the wrong direction. You have now been going two ways with police and suggesting other candidates who might have done something bad to Louise.

‘What were you trying to say?’

Mays told the court: ‘He can’t be trusted,' but denied trying to implicated him in Louise’s disappearance.

Louise Smith murder trial: Live updates as Shane Mays set to give evidence

7 minutes ago
Court hears more about white van kidnap
Earlier in the trial, the court heard that Mays told police about a plan to kidnap Louise, supposedly set up by Louise’s mother. When interviewed by police on May 15, he also said Louise’s boyfriend was a ‘shady person’.

Prosecuting, Mr Newton-Price said: 'It was all lies. In fact very detailed lies that you have thought about in order to point police in the wrong direction. You have now been going two ways with police and suggesting other candidates who might have done something bad to Louise.

‘What were you trying to say?’

Mays told the court: ‘He can’t be trusted,' but denied trying to implicated him in Louise’s disappearance.

He kind of did implicate him though because when he was arrested he said something along the lines of 'i've been stitched up, i blame her boyfriend'.

5 minutes ago
Mays ‘doesn’t cry’ he tells courtroom

David George
@DaveGeorgeUK

When Louise’s body was found in Havant Thicket, Mays ‘didn’t think of nothing’ he told the jury. Asked why by the prosecution, he said: ‘Because I don’t cry. I did not murder Louise Smith.'

4:37 PM · Dec 3, 2020·TweetDeck

2 minutes ago
Prosecution goes on the attack
Addressing Mays, James Newton-Price QC, prosecuting, said: ‘You have told a changing story from May 8 onwards. You told one thing to your wife, mother and Louise’s boyfriend, and then something different to police on May 13, then came up with a detailed story about three lads in Emsworth Skatepark - it was all complete nonsense.'

Mays replied: ‘I did not murder Louise Smith.’

15:49JAMIE PHILLIPS
Shane Mays 'did not think anything' when Louise's body was found, court hears
Mr Newton-Price QC asks Mays what he thought when he found out police had discovered Louise's body in Havant Thicket.

He says: "I did not think of anything."

Mr Newton-Price QC responds: "You did not think anything? Were you in shock?"

Mays admits to being in "a little bit of shock" and says his wife CJ, Louise's aunt took the news "not very well".

Louise Smith murder trial updates as accused continues to give evidence

3 minutes ago
Stroke ‘might’ have affected Mays’ memory
Continuing to give evidence, Mays recalled a day when he had a stroke, at around the age of 18.

He belives this is what has caused his poor memory.

The court is now taking a 10 minute break for defence barrister Andrew Langdon QC to seek instruction from Shane Mays - as he’s not had the opportunity to do this today.

Also, I don't believe he used his fists. There would have been noticeable injuries to both of his hands. MOO

Sorry that will teach me to read first. Only just saw your comment here Bogyo - completely agree. I think he just felt it sounded less violent if he said fists rather than large sticks / logs and perhaps stones.

I am pretty sure that if you ‘lost it’ in a blind rage, and wanted to attack someone who was on the floor whilst you were standing over them it would be more likely kicks or something you could wield as a weapon.
When your body is bent over it is hard to move freely whilst maintaining balance and hard to breathe deeply without focussing on your deeper breathing; I imagine that your strength and stamina would be affected. If he used kicks would he have more blood on his shoes? If he was ‘on her’ like straddling her, maybe it makes sense? Whatever actually did happen, he is not likely to give it over truthfully. Sorry just musing these thing over ...

Agree Sooty - doesn't make sense unless he was completely on top of her. But as I said in my other post, I think he just tried to make it sound less violent ( in his mind ) by saying it was fists when it was actually logs and stones.
Re his trainers - there were blood spots found on the inner opening, so my guess is that he had cleaned off all the visible blood on the outer sections, but missed seeing the spots on the inner side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back