GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1505.jpg

Picture found in Louise Smith murder trial: accused admits punching her in face

He also denied violating her body after she died, 'because he was worried he may have made her pregnant.'

Louise Smith's uncle denies luring 16-year-old into woods to have sex before killing her | Daily Mail Online

Mr Newton-Price asked him if, as he walked away from the clearing, he felt bad about what he had done.

Mays replied: 'No. I wasn't in the right mind. I was still angry.'

Imagine carrying out that brutal attack, supposedly because a young teenager hit you with a stick and you walk away with no remorse. Only feelings of anger still. This gives the clearest indication to me of how he was feeling that day and why it is murder. I'm sure it was premeditated, he lured her there. Where they walked to was so far over the other side, it's not an area you'd normally walk to as part of a walk around the lake or from the Leigh Park side. I think he definitely used the lure of cannabis and maybe suggested it wasore secluded in that area of the Thicket. It still wasn't very far from the paths which would have been well used that day by runners and cyclists and walkers, particularly coming from the Rowlands Castle side, if only she had had the chance to scream

13:33JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant accused of having a lie 'up and running'
Mr Newton-Price QC accuses Mays of having a "lie up and running" with regards to his story about having walked to Emsworth skate park, the opposite direction from where she was found in Havant Thicket.

You told your mother that you took her to the skate park and now you have told the same lie to CJ and Bradley. You have got a lie up and running.

You remember going on a walk, but you do not remember when, what happened or what you did. So why did you say that you had taken her to Emsworth? Were you sending people off in the wrong direction because you wanted to go back and burn her body?

Mays denies this and again insists he thought he had walked with Louise to Emsworth skate park after having no memory of the incident in Havant Thicket.

Louise Smith murder trial updates as accused continues to give evidence
Didn't Louise's phone ping near the Skatepark? I can't find the post now.

Hi have been following this and confused as to why it says sm did not mention emsworth skate park to the police straight away when it was these exact posters displayed in our area the following day after Lou went missing date posted on fb 9/5/20 by her family? So police were obviously made aware about Emsworth straight away or I'm not reading the postings properly?

Attachments

• 20201203_183211.jpg
    20201203_183211.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 39
Hi have been following this and confused as to why it says sm did not mention emsworth skate park to the police straight away when it was these exact posters displayed in our area the following day after Lou went missing date posted on fb 9/5/20 by her family? So police were obviously made aware about Emsworth straight away or I'm not reading the postings properly?

Attachments

• 20201203_185102.jpg
    20201203_185102.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20201203_184957.jpg
    20201203_184957.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 68

Cj did tell the police on May 8 that she had been informed that Louise had gone to Emsworth. However, what she didn’t say was that SM gave her this information.

Cj did tell the police on May 8 that she had been informed that Louise had gone to Emsworth. However, what she didn’t say was that SM gave her this information.
Thank you that was confusing me some x don't understand why the family put her phone last pinged from emsworth at 2pm as told by police apparently when clearly in court it was earlier than that and from the thicket? Unless that's what they assumed themselves at the time?

Thank you that was confusing me some x don't understand why the family put her phone last pinged from emsworth at 2pm as told by police apparently when clearly in court it was earlier than that and from the thicket? Unless that's what they assumed themselves at the time?

There was a mention today from the court reports that there had been a sighting of Louise at Emsworth mentioned on a social media account by someone called ‘Skinny Lad’ or ‘Skinny boy’ or something like that. The prosecution suggested it may have been SM trying to mislead the police ... if I recall correctly. Will try and find the relevant post.

27 minutes ago
Who is ‘Skinny Boy’?
PC Karen Day went to visit CJ just hours after Louise was reported missing. Shane Mays was out searching for Louise at this time.

According to CJ, a person called ‘Skinny Boy’ said on social media they had seen the teenager in Emsworth.

‘Did the information come from you?’ asked James Newton-Price, prosecuting.

‘No,’ Mays replied.

here is the bit about ‘skinny boy’

There was a mention today from the court reports that there had been a sighting of Louise at Emsworth mentioned on a social media account by someone called ‘Skinny Lad’ or ‘Skinny boy’ or something like that. The prosecution suggested it may have been SM trying to mislead the police ... if I recall correctly. Will try and find the relevant post.

Also wasn't there something about the phone pinging from the Tower near the park. I think the prosecution talked about it last week.

Poor Louise. I don't even get what his defence is supposed to be, unless it's loss of control - even IF we believe his (self-contradictory) story, he freely admits to punching her in the head "so many times that you lost count". I had to doublecheck my understanding of the law, and yes, as I thought:

Subject to three exceptions (see Voluntary Manslaughter below) the crime of murder is committed, where a person:
  • Of sound mind and discretion (i.e. sane);
  • unlawfully kills (i.e. not self-defence or other justified killing);
  • any reasonable creature (human being);
  • in being (born alive and breathing through its own lungs - Rance v Mid-Downs Health Authority (1991) 1 All ER 801 and AG Ref No 3 of 1994 (1997) 3 All ER 936;
  • under the Queen's Peace (not in war-time);
  • with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm (GBH)

So he's admitting murder, since that much punching can't be anything other than an attempt to cause GBH.

I saw the words "loss of control" mentioned in one of the quotes, so I assume that's his angle, but there's not much focus on it yet. Unless some mental health professionals are very strong witnesses to his mental state tomorrow, I don't think it's got a chance, even if anyone does believe his version of events. And I'm with everyone else saying it doesn't add up and seems premeditated, and potentially with a sexual angle - granted, no specific evidence to confirm that, but there are inferences to be drawn from that stick :(

In the UK Metro Newspaper Uncle denies luring niece to woods for sex attack before ‘silencing her'
If you read the article, this bit stuck out to me
Mays said: ‘I was following her. She was taking the lead. She was telling us what way to go.’"

She was telling US which way to go, is this a figure of speech or does the "us" mean there was another person with them? If I was describing what happened I'd say she was telling ME which way to go not us. just a thought, it just stood out to me.

In the UK Metro Newspaper Uncle denies luring niece to woods for sex attack before ‘silencing her'
If you read the article, this bit stuck out to me
Mays said: ‘I was following her. She was taking the lead. She was telling us what way to go.’"

She was telling US which way to go, is this a figure of speech or does the "us" mean there was another person with them? If I was describing what happened I'd say she was telling ME which way to go not us. just a thought, it just stood out to me.

I think that is just the way he spoke. There was only him and Louise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back