GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Research has shown that a 2 or 3 year old child can tell basic differences between right and wrong, so I’m not buying his low IQ as an excuse although I’m sure the defence will milk it for all it’s worth. I trust the jury will have the sense to see through it.

I absolutly agree KitKat28, his low IQ is no excuse, despicable behaviour is despicable behaviour, I just wonder what the defence team will do with the info.

Is he going to take the stand? I think it's a really risky move on his defence team's part, I can't imagine he will stand up well under cross examination - even intelligent and innocent people can be blindsided by a skillfull cross examination.

I think the Courts will probably put a lot of measures into place to support the defendant throughout the process, but i'll be very interested to hear how that goes down

Trial told Louise Smith’s killer Shane Mays has ‘IQ of 63’ as prosecution close case

Agreed facts were also read yesterday.

-CJ discussing SM's anger issues via text
-SM was given a reprimand for assault + caution for theft but no criminal convictions

A text from Louise to her boyfriend: ‘What is so wrong with me that none of my family care?’

More at link.

Thank you @Harchmare for the updates!

Very interesting I hope we hear more about CJ's relevant texts

6 minutes ago
Where Louise’s phone was found
The jury has just been informed that Louise’s mobile phone, a pink Sony Xperia, was found 210m away from where her body was found.

Fingerprints found on the phone matched those of Shane Mays, the prosecution added.

2 minutes ago
Mays begins giving evidence
Giving evidence, Mays grew up in Stratfield Gardens, Leigh Park, attending Park Community School as a youngster.

He told the court he ‘can’t remember’ what his GCSE results were, but frequented the Havant Thicket area, going camping with friends.

Louise Smith murder trial: Live updates as Shane Mays set to give evidence

6 minutes ago
Where Louise’s phone was found
The jury has just been informed that Louise’s mobile phone, a pink Sony Xperia, was found 210m away from where her body was found.

Fingerprints found on the phone matched those of Shane Mays, the prosecution added.

2 minutes ago
Mays begins giving evidence
Giving evidence, Mays grew up in Stratfield Gardens, Leigh Park, attending Park Community School as a youngster.

He told the court he ‘can’t remember’ what his GCSE results were, but frequented the Havant Thicket area, going camping with friends.

Louise Smith murder trial: Live updates as Shane Mays set to give evidence

(sounds like the prosecution finished yesterday)

If his IQ was only 63 I am surprised he took any GCSE's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back