GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Louise's aunt Chazlynn, the wife of defendant Shane Mays, told police during the call that the teenager was not with any adults that would carry a risk of harm to her when asked by police

She had traced where Louise was meant to be,

Mrs Mays tells police:

I have been told she was at Emsworth recreation,

I have snipped the above from the court reports.
Unless this is just the reporter condensing the information, I wonder why -

Cj does not mention the fact that Louise had departed the house with SM

Cj does not mention the fact it was SM who told her that he had taken Louise to Emsworth

I have been told - very detached wording - deliberately omitting her husband from the details.

I've just gone back through the earlier msgs in the thread and found this prev one Alyce, as I remember early on the police officers who attended when L was first reported missing said in their testimony that CJ never mentioned louise leaving with SM.

Then today SM says he told CJ the same story as he told his mum and sister that he walked CJ to skate park...but that wasn't mentioned to police either until around 5 days after she was missing.

A lot is not adding up and it's nothing to do with "memory problems". The story has changed several times and parts of the story he allegedly told CJ were not shared with police straight away by either of them.

I've just gone back through the earlier msgs in the thread and found this prev one Alyce, as I remember early on the police officers who attended when L was first reported missing said in their testimony that CJ never mentioned louise leaving with SM.

Then today SM says he told CJ the same story as he told his mum and sister that he walked CJ to skate park...but that wasn't mentioned to police either until around 5 days after she was missing.

A lot is not adding up and it's nothing to do with "memory problems". The story has changed several times and parts of the story he allegedly told CJ were not shared with police straight away by either of them.

Great find Holly.

So Cj did tell the police that Louise had gone to Emsworth on May 8 - she just ommitted to tell them that the information came from SM.

Not for the first time, I do think there is someone missing from the dock in this case.

Great find Holly.

So Cj did tell the police that Louise had gone to Emsworth on May 8 - she just ommitted to tell them that the information came from SM.

Not for the first time, I do think there is someone missing from the dock in this case.
Thanks Alyce, yes i think so (but the story has changed that many times it's hard to keep up!). I think she did tell them but it wasn't until about 5 days later and I dont think she told tell them L left with SM either. She really needs to be up on that stand to shed some light on these discrepancies. IMO.

Great find Holly.

Why didn't the boyfriend tell police? SM says he told CJ and B about skate park?

Interesting - did they foster children ?

After being shown a Snapchat video of him tickling Louise’s feet, he said he had not been flirting with her and said it was a “playful” act that he would do with “all the kids that came to stay”

Louise Smith murder trial: accused admits punching her in face

I do not think they would be considered suitable for official fostering so perhaps it was neighbours or relatives children.

Why didn't the boyfriend tell police? SM says he told CJ and B about skate park?

Says he wasn't asked :rolleyes:

However, Mr Newton-Price tells the court that Mays only told police about walking towards Emsworth once arrested.
He adds: Why did you not mention Emsworth skate park?
Mays replies: "I wasn't asked. My wife answered all the questions."

Says he wasn't asked :rolleyes:

However, Mr Newton-Price tells the court that Mays only told police about walking towards Emsworth once arrested.
He adds: Why did you not mention Emsworth skate park?
Mays replies: "I wasn't asked. My wife answered all the questions."

I meant LS's boyfriend Bradley

Edit :incorrect name

13:33JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant accused of having a lie 'up and running'
Mr Newton-Price QC accuses Mays of having a "lie up and running" with regards to his story about having walked to Emsworth skate park, the opposite direction from where she was found in Havant Thicket.

You told your mother that you took her to the skate park and now you have told the same lie to CJ and Bradley. You have got a lie up and running.

You remember going on a walk, but you do not remember when, what happened or what you did. So why did you say that you had taken her to Emsworth? Were you sending people off in the wrong direction because you wanted to go back and burn her body?

Mays denies this and again insists he thought he had walked with Louise to Emsworth skate park after having no memory of the incident in Havant Thicket.

Louise Smith murder trial updates as accused continues to give evidence

So he told CJ and Bradley when he got home about it if I understand correctly

Oops, sorry Bogyo, misread your post. Yes indeed, why didn't BK say something ? Or had he left the house by the time the police turned up and they didn't speak to him until days later ?

I think he'd left when the police turned up, I think he was there while they placed the 111 call but left before they arrived, I don't remember them mentioning him being there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back