Reaction score
Missing Luiri El-Hagrasi

1_Laura.jpg

• Age at disappearance: 33
  • Missing Since: 23-Apr-2015
  • Missing from: Margate, Kent
  • Reference No: 15-007367
Her profile at Missing People org - Help us find Laura El-Hagrasi

Luiri El-Hagrasi, who is also known locally as Laura, may also use the surname 'Ahmed', is Eastern European and 5ft 4ins tall with straight, shoulder-length brown hair and green eyes.

She originates from Riga in Latvia and the day before she was reported missing was believed to have been heading to Heathrow with her husband and children in order to fly to Egypt.

She resided in Cliftonville, Thanet Island, Kent.

Published 02 May 2015
Police renew appeal to find Luiri El-Hagrasi, also known as Laura, from Cliftonville, Margate, who went missing last month

Police have renewed their appeal for information after a 33-year-old woman went missing from her home in Cliftonville Thursday, April 23.

Inquiries have found she travelled with her family to Heathrow airport on the day before she was reported missing, but never boarded a plane.

Luiri El-Hagrasi, who may also use the surname 'Ahmed', is Eastern European and 5ft 4ins tall with straight, shoulder-length brown hair and green eyes.
---
She originates from Riga in Latvia and the day before she was reported missing was believed to have been heading to Heathrow with her husband and children in order to fly to Egypt. But Laura never boarded a plane.

Police inquiries have revealed that the family travelled to Heathrow in a hire car - a silver Peugeot 208, registration AK13 VHT - leaving home at 3.20am on Wednesday, April 22 and arriving in the Heathrow area just prior to 10am.
---
Police are appealing to anyone who may have seen or heard from Laura, or who may have seen the vehicle travelling to Heathrow on 22 April, to contact them on 01634 884010. Alternatively call Kent Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

Renewed appeal as fears grow for missing 'Laura'
Concerns grow for missing Laura
Radio Jackie News: Missing woman may have travelled to Heathrow

Published 7 JAN 2018
The unsolved murder of a Margate mum who vanished at Heathrow Airport before family trip

Laura El-Hagrasi was due to catch a flight from London Heathrow to Egypt with her husband and children in April 2015 when she vanished without a trace.

The 33-year-old was seen to arrive at the airport, according to police enquiries, but she never boarded the plane.
---
Laura is now presumed dead by Kent Police and features on their list of unsolved murders.

The unsolved murder of a Thanet mum who vanished at airport before family trip

Last edited:
Due to her case being quite low profile my assumption is that most of her bio family lives abroad and don't speak English. All articles about her case quote always the same information and not much else is out there. It would be good to find out what was her maiden name as probably more information could be gained that way.

Many people on other boards question if she really made it to the airport or was in the car at all. Questions are also raised about their length of time to travel from Margate area to Heathrow airport, which should be approx 4 hours shorter then reported time in news of their travel from 3.20am to 10am.

Due to her case being quite low profile my assumption is that most of her bio family lives abroad and don't speak English. All articles about her case quote always the same information and not much else is out there. It would be good to find out what was her maiden name as probably more information could be gained that way.

Many people on other boards question if she really made it to the airport or was in the car at all. Questions are also raised about their length of time to travel from Margate area to Heathrow airport, which should be approx 4 hours shorter then reported time in news of their travel from 3.20am to 10am.

Completely agree, the length of the journey made my ears prick up. More details are needed on what happened at the airport. They must have her on CCTV. Was she ever really there or was it someone who looked like her? Did she have another passport and boarded another plane? Why do they now think she was murdered?

I really don't find it acceptable that there has been so little coverage of this.

This is one of the shortest posts about an unsolved murder close I have come across on websleuths so certainly one to look at.
Luiri El-Hagrasi still appears on the missing persons listings with the we are here for you whenever you are ready yet a murder investigation.
This article appeared today 3/01/2022 in the online my London news.
Unsolved murder of a mum who never boarded her flight at Heathrow Airport

It's inconceivable that her movements in the airport couldn't be tracked. Surveillance in a major UK airport is going to be tip-top. Even that in UK railway stations is good enough to follow the movements of individuals (e.g. the case of David Lytton in Manchester Piccadilly).

Published 02 May 2015. Police inquiries have revealed that the family travelled to Heathrow in a hire car - a silver Peugeot 208, registration AK13 VHT - leaving home at 3.20am on Wednesday, April 22 and arriving in the Heathrow area just prior to 10am.

What!? It doesn't take 7 hours to drive from Margate to Heathrow!

At that time in the morning, I would say 2.5 hours is more likely.

I wonder how they can account for the other 4-5 hours?!

I think the husband needs to be questioned.

Did Luiri not want to go to Egypt? After all, it was his country not hers. She was from Latvia.

Did her husband not want her to go to Egypt? Did he just want to go back there with only the children?

The police have totally screwed this up.

UK Border Force would know if she left the country by other ways or means, and it hasn't been mentioned she has. So, technically, she's still in the UK.

The CCTV at Heathrow should have been able to determine if she was at the airport or if it was another woman....Yes, the car was there, a woman was sighted but was it Luiri that was 100% genuinely sighted?

Also, she was reported missing the next day? But by whom?

That's very quick to report someone missing if they're meant to have gone to Egypt.

Last edited:

My attention has just been drawn to this case on another thread. The lack of high profile press coverage or police appeals is extraordinary.

To answer @Al Ka's question, Priede is listed as an AKA in an ITV report at the time.

Mystery of missing mum : renewed appeals

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member