GUILTY UK - Maria Rawlings, 45, murdered, Romford, Essex, 3 May 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the facebook account that's been shared he starting working for PT Cup srl in Almese, Italy in May 2019. They build hospitality structures, or pavilions as they are more commonly known. That sounds plausible.
Could he have changed his name by deedpoll to be the same as the mid-fielder football player who is around 12 years older and shares the same name.

Could he have changed his name by deedpoll to be the same as the mid-fielder football player who is around 12 years older and shares the same name.

I think it's quite a common name, LinkedIn have quite a lot of Valentin Lazars, and so does Instagram. A few of them seem to be quite serious profiles, I hope they aren't getting random visits today.

I'm pretty sure Valentin Lazar is quite a common Romanian name - Valentin definitely is and from a search on facebook it looks like Lazar is also - so I think they probably just share the same name.

Yep I agree. There are huge numbers of people that have incredibly traumatic childhoods that live life as well-adjusted members of society. There are huge numbers of people that had traumatic/difficult childhoods that suffer with mental illness as a result and live healthy and fulfilling lives. There are people that have psychopathic tendencies/traits that go on to become incredibly 'successful' (depending on how you define success) lives (interesting book called the psychopath test by Jon Ronson which discusses this). Then there are individuals that may be born with anti-social traits and childhood events, as DFR says, push them into becoming a risk to other people. The vast majority of people with severe mental illness (such as schizophrenia) etc. are non-violent, it's also important to remember. Just posted this in the JJ thread but this is a good article that explains why the term psychopath has been heavily criticised and is no longer really used in psychiatric/psychological science.

Psychopaths: The Worst People Who Don’t Exist

hmm not sure I agree with that article.
I get what it’s saying in that if we use the term antisocial personality disorder or sociopath rather than psychopath then it’s a kinder term because the term psychopath makes people think someone is a killer. But I generally believe those with this diagnosis, are generally evil. You don’t have to be a killer to be evil. If you have no remorse that will mean that you will undoubtably cause pain and suffering to other humans.

He has other profiles which state he moved here in 2020 (which seems unlikely with the pandemic) chances are he has actually lived here a while and when creating each account would put his location as his birth place/original town and then update after to say moved to London (and I think when you do that Facebook automatically does it as if you’ve moved there in the month that you update it)
I looked at a few profiles with confirmed name and photograph. With FB you can actually change the timeline to lie about dates and times. Purely my observation but I got the feeling he may to have different profiles and tease peoole like Luca Magnotta did in the don't F with cats documentary.

Any updates about when VL's PTPH (plea/pre trial hearing) is or whether a date has been set for the full trial? Can't seem to find anything online about it...does this mean other offences are suspected?

"Case to be listed for further direction/PAD on 29 July 2021"
(PAD = Pleas and Directions)

So, no date for the full trial yet afaik.

Lazar court listing.jpg

Perhaps for some reason there were press reporting restrictions.

Could it be he has other charges against him or he is being investigated for other offences?

I really have no idea... I mean, for sure those things may well be true, but I have no idea whether or why that would prevent reporting on the court appearance on Thursday, which did go ahead and is a matter of public record. So many press reports of court appearances seem to be factual 3-line summaries of things you already knew before you searched for them. So I don't see why that sort of report couldn't go ahead, and yet... as you say, there don't seem to be any. It's a proper mystery. :confused:

I really have no idea... I mean, for sure those things may well be true, but I have no idea whether or why that would prevent reporting on the court appearance on Thursday, which did go ahead and is a matter of public record. So many press reports of court appearances seem to be factual 3-line summaries of things you already knew before you searched for them. So I don't see why that sort of report couldn't go ahead, and yet... as you say, there don't seem to be any. It's a proper mystery. :confused:

It may just not be that interesting to the press any more, just because there seems to be video evidence, and so, fickle creatures that they are they have lost what little interest they had in the case already. Though presumably the actual trial, assuming he doesn't just plead guilty, will be covered. Does seem strange though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back