UK UK- Martin Kos, 31, (of Edinburgh) last seen on board the NorthLink ferry destined for Lerwick, Shetland, 14 July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1674428637650.png

1674428664780.png
By Fionnuala Boyle 19 JUL 2022 rbbm.
''A man from Edinburgh who has been missing for five days was last seen on a ferry bound for Shetland.

Martin Kos was last spotted at around 3.30am on Thursday July 14 while on board the NorthLink ferry destined for Lerwick.

The 31-year-old has not been seen or heard from since, prompting police to launch a frantic search in a bid to trace him as worries mount for his wellbeing.''

Martin is described as being 6ft 8ins tall and was wearing wearing a brown leather jacket and tan shoes when he disappeared.

Officers are urging anyone with any information on his whereabouts to get in touch.''

"Inspector Lynne Kortland said: “We are extremely concerned for the welfare of Martin who has not been seen since the early hours of Thursday morning on board the Northlink ferry which was destined for Lerwick.

“I would urge anyone who has any information on the whereabouts of Martin to call Police Scotland on 101, quoting 0980 of 15 July, 2022.”

''Background: Martin Kos, from Edinburgh, is believed to be in Shetland.

Last seen: He was last seen onboard a Northlink ferry heading to Lerwick at around 3.30am on Thursday, July 14.

Description: The 31-year-old is 6ft 8ins, and was wearing a brown leather jacket and tan shoes when last seen.''
1674428897731.png

I am brand new here, like brand new today.
There's very little about this case on the internet - all routes out to Lerwick are overnight, and there are several choices of sleeping somewhere private or in public depending on your booking.
From what I've read it appears there's no confirmation Martin was seen getting off the boat in the morning. This isn't expressly said anywhere but nothing is worded as if that's the case.

I am brand new here, like brand new today.
There's very little about this case on the internet - all routes out to Lerwick are overnight, and there are several choices of sleeping somewhere private or in public depending on your booking.
From what I've read it appears there's no confirmation Martin was seen getting off the boat in the morning. This isn't expressly said anywhere but nothing is worded as if that's the case.
Welcome to @ Ws catkinosaur, thank you for chiming in!

Hey!
I have to say I was a little naive to how many people are missing at any one point in time, and this afternoon has already been an eye opener. In this case there's very little media coverage at all - which is very sad.

Hey!
I have to say I was a little naive to how many people are missing at any one point in time, and this afternoon has already been an eye opener. In this case there's very little media coverage at all - which is very sad.
Until i started posting on Ws i also had no idea about the very high number of missing people here, there and everywhere, any bit of attention helps the missing, and all who miss them, imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda73
Back