Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a personal opinion, but generally it seems pretty funny to me to take a car, daily, to drive somewhere, to then walk there - and then drive the car back. This is not something I see often in my part of Europe, sounds extremely US-like to me - but I'm not from the UK, so is it common for brits?

Yes it's very common in the UK to do that - take the car to a place you like to walk in and then walk from there, rather than right from the house. I've seen many dog walkers who do just that on a daily basis.

Yes it's very common in the UK to do that - take the car to a place you like to walk in and then walk from there, rather than right from the house. I've seen many dog walkers who do just that on a daily basis.
Yes. Especially if the first part of the walk is not very nice (i.e. - by the side of a road).

phone is traceable. Most people know that. It is also a strong personal link to a life she may have wanted to get away from. If indeed she did want to get away from it all.

My point is if even if she had wanted to get away I doubt she would have left the phone like that, still connected to a conference call, possibly still unlocked. She would have at least turned it off MOO. But who knows, anything seems possible at the moment.

An observation having looked at Nicola's LinkedIn profile. She 'likes' a lot of postings about work life balance and the challenges for working moms. I think she might have been feeling the strain from returning to work as a mortgage adviser in a difficult market after long time away.

Hello folks, another lurker here. I can't stop thinking about this. I think the most likely scenario is that she got distracted by the work call when sat on the bench, then maybe the dog took off after something or went missing and she went after it and tripped - ending up going down some steep banking into the river. I haven't picked up on any hints that she was disturbed ie that it might be a deliberate disappearance and I don't think it likely that she would abandon her dog in this way. So far there have been no indicators of foul play though the new report of another dog walker has got me thinking.

Last edited:
One word fr ths developement, begins with S. especially if it has gone nationwide that quickly.
My point is if even if she had wanted to get away I doubt she would have left the phone like that, still connected to a conference call, possibly still unlocked. She would have at least turned it off MOO. But who knows, anything seems possible at the moment.
The call still being active on the phone could be a cover. Any family calling her might know she was on that call so wouldn’t expect contact for a while. No alarms raised for a few hours.

fingers crossed, nothing to really cross anything off atm.

Sky news are just reporting the police are wanting to speak to a man aged around 70, well built, 6ft and walking a fluffy dog in the area at the time.

The police appeal adds that the dog is small and white. All in all, it is quite a specific description of the man they are seeking. If he is a regular dog-walker in the area, I image he will be identified (or will come forward himself) very quickly.

One word fr ths developement, begins with S. especially if it has gone nationwide that quickly.

The call still being active on the phone could be a cover. Any family calling her might know she was on that call so wouldn’t expect contact for a while. No alarms raised for a few hours.

fingers crossed, nothing to really cross anything off atm.

I guess that's possible, as opposed to turning it off which could raise concerns. In reality though the alarm was raised fairly quickly.

The "friend" might just be a fellow school parent who recognised the dog from the school run and didn't have her number. Or tried her number and no answer, and didn't have any other contact details. The school would have been the logical place to take the dog to get the phone numbers.
It was incredibly serendipitous that a friend or fellow school run parent came across Willow IMO.

I think it's possible Willow temporarily lost sight of Nicola whilst off lead. She was probably sitting on the bench and the dog didn't see what happened to her; all Willow knew was that Nicola wasn't where last seen but the lead and harness were still there.

I've just registered as have been pondering something since last night. Might have already been covered but the initial police request was only for dashcam at 9:15 ish of her starting walk. I thought that knowing how important camera footage was to other recent cases that asking for a wider time frame on nearby access points to the river location would have been more comprehensive. Is this just a resources issue?

Have they updated this? I didn't notice the bit before about him speaking to the woman who found the dog.

From this link :

We are especially keen to find a witness we believe was in the area at the time Nicola went missing. He is described as a man aged around 70, white, six ft tall, well-built who was walking a small white fluffy dog on a lead. He spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field before walking in the direction of Rowanwater. If this is you, or if you know who this could be, please get in touch.

Last edited:
Have they updated this? I didn't notice the bit before about him speaking to a woman who found the dog.

From this link :

We are especially keen to find a witness we believe was in the area at the time Nicola went missing. He is described as a man aged around 70, white, six ft tall, well-built who was walking a small white fluffy dog on a lead. He spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field before walking in the direction of Rowanwater. If this is you, or if you know who this could be, please get in touch.
Good spot! No this wasn’t mentioned on the msm links!

I think it's possible Willow temporarily lost sight of Nicola whilst off lead. She was probably sitting on the bench and the dog didn't see what happened to her; all Willow knew was that Nicola wasn't where last seen but the lead and harness were still there.
This is what I think. Odd that you’d take a dog’s harness off though as the lead just unclips from it.

Have they updated this? I didn't notice the bit before about him speaking to a woman who found the dog.

From this link :

The police appeal has been edited. The original wording was "He spoke to a woman in the area before walking in the direction of Rowanwater".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab