Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How possible/impossible do you and other posters think it is, that NB never took the dog for a walk in the first place?
She apparently left the car in the car park as usual, after dropping her children off, I think that is in the daily Mail, then walked and joined a teams meeting, I hope I'm not right but does look like she has fallen into the river, I slipped nearly head first on a little bit of mud in my childrens school yard, where they have come in from the field. Hopefully I am wrong! If some rubbish or anything comes out of my pocket I automatically chase it as dont want to litter.

<modsnip - Disparaging comment about an approved source> they published an article today where the map visual states that Nicola took the girls to school and left her car on the school car park.

It is the first I've heard/seen it - re the car.

The Daily Mail - Missing Mother Nicola Bulley Boss Reveals Muted Work Call
The video within that DM MSM article, after the friend speaks, the Police say we do believe Nicola has gone missing, but we are keeping an open mind.

Assuming NB did drop her daughters off at school, and she was seen physically and it wasn't just the car seen and parked

Was the dog in the car?

Is there any CCTV of NB in the car or leaving the car?
Again that is something we don’t know. She could have just dropped the kids off and gone back home or elsewhere. The witness sighting may be wrong. That wouldn’t explain why the harness, lead and phone were left on a bench on her normal walking route though unless it was staged. IMO.

My dear old Springer Spaniel was trained to sit and stay. I could get across a 10 acre field before I'd call her and she would come.
Just throwing that into the mix ;)
So if we assume NB dog was well trained, can we throw it out there that the dog would not have run away.

And if the dog had run off, and NB went to look for dog, why leave the phone and lead? If the dog has just run away, surely you would want to put dog on lead, or take phone purely so no one else would steal it while you were gone, not to mention just taking your phone to call for help?

Again there is no sign of NB, in the river, walk area or otherwise.

In this Mail article there's what looks like a facebook post from late November where she said she walked the dog, and she said it was cold, and a "Bit spooky too". Might be nothing, but I can't help wondering what made her feel as if it was spooky.

First time posting, and I sincerely hope I am not being inappropriate in speculating about this, but does anyone else find it a bit odd that in all the MSM reporting the emphasis is being placed on how much her girls need their mummy home, how much they are missing her, but no similarly emotive references to her partner needing her / missing her?

In this Mail article there's what looks like a facebook post from late November where she said she walked the dog, and she said it was cold, and a "Bit spooky too". Might be nothing, but I can't help wondering what made her feel as if it was spooky.

Looking at the post, I would say the fog made it feel spooky. Obviously JMO.

But how would she have willingly disappeared? Surely she couldn’t have just walked, she was miles from anywhere, people would have seen her. And where would she have gone anyway, alone? She’d have to have somewhere to stay and a way of getting there. Someone else would have to be in on it surely?

First time posting, and I sincerely hope I am not being inappropriate in speculating about this, but does anyone else find it a bit odd that in all the MSM reporting the emphasis is being placed on how much her girls need their mummy home, how much they are missing her, but no similarly emotive references to her partner needing her / missing her?
Yes I noticed that too

First time posting, and I sincerely hope I am not being inappropriate in speculating about this, but does anyone else find it a bit odd that in all the MSM reporting the emphasis is being placed on how much her girls need their mummy home, how much they are missing her, but no similarly emotive references to her partner needing her / missipp
Presumably if they think she's gone missing they think the daughters have more of an emotional pull for her.

So if we assume NB dog was well trained, can we throw it out there that the dog would not have run away.

And if the dog had run off, and NB went to look for dog, why leave the phone and lead? If the dog has just run away, surely you would want to put dog on lead, or take phone purely so no one else would steal it while you were gone, not to mention just taking your phone to call for help?

Again there is no sign of NB, in the river, walk area or otherwise.
I think she had gone to retrieve something, whilst being on a teams meeting, just put her phone to one side as I do if I'm on mute, I've chased halfway down a street to pick up an pit of date bus ticket that flew out of my pocket. Unfortunately bodies don't surface for days after a river incident, but honestly hope I am wrong and she will be found safe

From this article earlier today:

Missing walker's haunting words about 'spooky' path before vanishing

"But after dropping the children off at school on Friday morning he then got a call alerting him something was amiss."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...ho-need-their-mummy-home-partner-says-4007033

Ms Bulley did the school run before heading for the dog walk on Friday, police indicated.

When did this change...?
So if he took the car to the school how did she get to the river? Do they live within walking distance?

Just speculation, and my instincts are often wrong, but this doesn't feel good. The phone and the dog were a distraction, reducing her situational awareness and making her more vulnerable than she would be otherwise. I don't know.

To be honest, I don't. It reflects how people generally speak about these situations. You can see the same posting language on this thread - posters talking about how harrowing it is for all of the family, but with particular emphasis on her two young daughters. Getting back to her two children and so on. I don't read anything into that, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy