Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the Perimenopause although quite possibly NB may have discussed it with female friends. But the significant problems with alcohol could have been known about by many people depending on how it may have presented . I believe the wording 're Jan 10th was a call out to NBs HOUSE due to concerns for welfare. It does not state that is was NB s welfare though. It could have been PA s welfare or the children's.

So are most people of the opinion that NB could potentially still be alive and in hiding somewhere? MOO but I think it's been so long that she's probably brown bread by now. Even with mh issues and brain fog etc, surely she'd still want access to her children? JMO

Considering he lives about 3 miles away in Inskip, why would he be paranoid of the area where his children attend school ?
Thats an odd statement, and request to state. Its as if he is accusing everyone in that area.
I think we have to bear in mind this was a distressed and upset man who couldn't countenance the loss of his partner in the water - ergo someone had to be responsible.

I think we have to bear in mind this was a distressed and upset man who couldn't countenance the loss of his partner in the water - ergo someone had to be responsible.
The man gets a free pass to feel whatever he wants. Who really knows what's going on in his head. I hope there is some kind of network of people who have been in similar situations of loved ones having gone missing for extended periods that can support each other. If not, someone should really create one.

I've just been watching the reenactment of Nicola's walk on Sky. I am struck by the ten minute gap, where she only covers 150m from where she is standing, to the bench where (presumably) the phone pinged. The timings and positions are based on sightings and phone location information. It seems to leave a gap of ten minutes where she would be standing still or moving very slowly for a significant amount of time. The TV presenters stopped at this point, to make sure they were on time target. When they stopped, they were very close to that strange brick building next to the river path.

I know it is perceived by many to be clutching at straws to imagine Nicola disappeared down the lane and out of the field, rather than into the river. But I wondered if, during those 10 minutes, she retrieved a bag that had been placed in the brick building the afternoon previously (when she was alone in the house and her parents had taken the children). That would then give her time to sit on the bench, with the phone next to her on speaker, while she removed that distinctive jacket and replaced it with something in the bag, maybe put on a hat and sunglasses, before telling the dog to stay and leaving at pace through the gate, before the man discovered the phone and dog,

Has there ever been any mention of missing clothing/a small bag? It wouldn't need to be a lot - a different jacket, a beanie hat, glasses scarf round her face. Then she could put the large gilet in the bag and without the dog, anyone who might have seen her that morning would not necessarily recognise her. JMOO, MOO

Not sure about missing clothing but yes the possibility of a hidden bag/change of clothes has been discussed up thread. Think it was mentioned somewhere that the brick building might have had the boarded up window smashed in by tiktok style sleuths, so not sure the door would have been unlocked. Could be umpteen other possible places though I'd imagine.

The change of clothes idea seems a possibility to me as well. The CCTV of NB leaving home seemed to show her in a blue coat not black gilet, I'm not convinced that was just a camera issue.

And as has also been said before wearing a mask would not look out of place nowadays.

A few posts back I linked the Sky News Kay Burley feature where Kay Burley mentioned that 'medical professionals' attended, but she mentioned this as occurring on 17th January which led some of us to think that there had been two visits to the house - one on the 10th and one on the 17th.
Not necessarily an ambulance, though - could just have been a followup visit by a mh professional.

<modsnip - quoted post and response to it were removed>
So are most people of the opinion that NB could potentially still be alive and in hiding somewhere? MOO but I think it's been so long that she's probably brown bread by now. Even with mh issues and brain fog etc, surely she'd still want access to her children? JMO
No. It's unrealistic. How would she go unspotted when she's the most recognisable face in the UK at the moment? How would she have bought food, found a place to stay, kept warm, without access to money and people to help her? I believe she would never have left her little girls and also never have left Willow, so I'm still for the Occam's Razor - a simple slip down that nearby muddy bank while trying to harness Willow. JMO. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems likely she went in the water. I'm wondering what the PF sonar guy meant about changing the search strategy if he had known about her vulnerabilities.

IMO Is this a coded way of saying he now realises that the search of the River in the area could potentially not have been thorough enough? Perhaps he was referring to extending the search to other areas.

Intriguing.
He says he would have wanted to look at other points on River (I guessed this meant deeper water) and other locations.

I would love to cling to the hope that Nicola is still alive and she took herself off to try and get control of her mental health and other problems, but I feel certain she would have needed a friend to help her do this, I am not sure even the best friend she had could cope with the intense media interest over the last few weeks and not tipped someone off.

Although abductions obviously happen, I just can't see another Sarah Everard situation here, not with the time of day and known CCTV in the area. If it was a crime against Nicola, I would expect it to be more like that of Julia James (PCSO murdered in Kent) and thus a body would have been found by now (even if hidden).

Sadly this means although other things can't be ruled out, I cannot get past it is highly likely she went in the water and never got out again. Whether that was accidental, such as a slip (possibly to do with the dog), or whether it was intentional, we will never know.

BBM
Are you assuming this statement, or do you have a factual source that NB didn't confide in her sister or Mum & Dad more.
To be fair, Luxee, Nicola appears to have a strong, loving family.... and I think if she did confide in them, she wouldn't have got to the state where she (allegedly) couldn't cope any more.

Imo it would need planning and the help of a 3rd party. I can't see it myself but it's nice to contemplate she might be ok.

I've just been watching the reenactment of Nicola's walk on Sky. I am struck by the ten minute gap, where she only covers 150m from where she is standing, to the bench where (presumably) the phone pinged. The timings and positions are based on sightings and phone location information. It seems to leave a gap of ten minutes where she would be standing still or moving very slowly for a significant amount of time. The TV presenters stopped at this point, to make sure they were on time target. When they stopped, they were very close to that strange brick building next to the river path.

I know it is perceived by many to be clutching at straws to imagine Nicola disappeared down the lane and out of the field, rather than into the river. But I wondered if, during those 10 minutes, she retrieved a bag that had been placed in the brick building the afternoon previously (when she was alone in the house and her parents had taken the children). That would then give her time to sit on the bench, with the phone next to her on speaker, while she removed that distinctive jacket and replaced it with something in the bag, maybe put on a hat and sunglasses, before telling the dog to stay and leaving at pace through the gate, before the man discovered the phone and dog,

Has there ever been any mention of missing clothing/a small bag? It wouldn't need to be a lot - a different jacket, a beanie hat, glasses scarf round her face. Then she could put the large gilet in the bag and without the dog, anyone who might have seen her that morning would not necessarily recognise her. JMOO, MOO
Good thoughts you have put out there. Feasible too.

Is anger a usual response to something like this?

Sounds like reaction someone who was used to being in control would have if the person they are controlling has the audacity to leave unexpectedly.

Can't really say more as against rules here.
Anger seems strange. Anger at what or who ? My reaction would be worry

Where does it say she was in the house alone? Presumably the children were in school the day before. And she had a meeting with her boss.
The children were at school and she asked her parents to take them after school even though she was working at home Devastated parents promise to never stop looking for mum-of-two who vanished

The parents say she had a meeting in Garstang - she could have stopped on her way home to leave a bag. The reason she gave for the children needing to be elsewhere was that she had a zoom call later on, so presumably wanted to do that in peace.

The parents say "she came to the door". So I am guessing they brought the kids home to her. That means for some of the time that afternoon she would have been alone in her house without the children and could easily have packed a small bag without anyone noticing

I think PA saying he was angry can be interpreted in many different ways but knowing what we do now, I wonder if it was because of NB being in crisis, perhaps not having got the help she needed due to waiting lists or whatever; had the menopause not come along and been such a problem she wouldn’t have hit this crisis; perhaps even that he thought things had improved in the days after whatever happened on 10/01. JMO

Surely he had no choice or say in where he was allowed to search though? Was he not under the instruction of LE during the whole searching of the river? JMO
Yes but that is what he said. May have been GB News. It was when he complained he hadn’t been in the loop on Nicola info. Yesterday he said he would like to return for another search including land locations. Perhaps Gazza might be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member