Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea how accurate it is likely to be but in the map in the DM article the red and white dotted route actually continues a while eastward past point #4 where the bench is, beyond the kissing gate (which I imagine the dog would not be able to get through on his own).

In the Strava route posted upthread that does appear to be her normal route before looping back. I'm wondering if NB did actually progress beyond the gate/beyond her walk at some stage, ie. upstream.

ETA: in fact in one of the pictures in the telegraph it appears they have cordoned off the entire path not just the bench

Last edited:
Visibility and practicality will be why they need underwater divers here, that's not so much dependent on how deep the river is. We've already seen multiple people wading through the river quite happily. This absolutley reeks of fowl play if you look at all the evidence correctly. I'm absolutely convinced a crime has taken place here and I am surprised how many people are buying the accident story that's been spun by the police and media so far. Everything will come out eventually but playing this down as an accident has always been the angle we've been spun without any evidence whatsoever to back this up. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
''The parents of a missing mother-of-two have spoken of their "dread" at the thought of never seeing her again as the search continued for a seventh day.
Nicola Bulley, 45, was last seen walking her dog next to the River Wyre in St Michael's on Wyre, Lancashire, at about 09:15 GMT on Friday.
Ernest and Dot Bulley told the Mirror their grandchildren were "sobbing their hearts out" because "mummy is lost".
1675343562708.png

From the Telegraph - "The dog was reportedly “bone dry” and in an “agitated state” when found."

My initial thought was she maybe drowned going into the river after the dog got into trouble there - it's happened before - but the article is saying the dog at least hadn't been in the water.

IMO, if we are assuming that NB was at some point sat at the bench, logged on to the team meeting call, with Willow unleashed, then from there what potential scenarios could have occurred? Please add to the list obviously do not name names or suspects, family or propose scenarios in anyway that make accusations against any individual, blame anyone, breaches privacy or are defamatory.

What logically could have happened to NB?

If NB has entered the river, then it has to have been by way of accident (willow), misadventure, fallen in, had a medical episode, been pushed in, went for a swim, something to do with mental health.

If NB has not entered the river, then what do you think has actually happened, and where are the areas of interest you think LE should be looking? Where could NB or any potential 3rd party involved in foul play realistically go or escape to?

Were the phone and dog lead left at the bench through NB panicking to save her stricken dog, a simple accident and trip, was NB taken in the blink of an eye by an unknown 3rd party or did something scare NB so badly causing her to run, perhaps escaping through the gate that creaks, becoming separated from Willow in the process? What is logical and fathomable to what happened to NB if she did not enter the river?

A tree falling in the woods with no-one around makes no sound. Though implausible, and with no real evidence at present to suggest otherwise, in theory NB could have been abducted by one or more unknown individuals and its just unfortunate that absolutely no one was around at the time it happened to witness it or hear anything.

What do you think?

Really keen to hear peoples thoughts.

The usual range of the River Wyre at Catterall is between 0.30m and 2.00m. It has been between these levels for 90% of the time since monitoring began.

The typical recent level of the River Wyre at Catterall over the past 12 months has been between 6.98m and 7.06m. It has been between these levels for at least 155 days in the past year.

----------------------------------------------------

When every other station is the lower number and the 2m recorded at Catterall previous was during a flood. I would say in the last 12 months something has happened to make it read incorrectly.

What would be the alternative? They are concentrating their search on the river?
Could she have tied willow to the bench,left her phone and g one into the river deliberately? Perhaps in a different spot ,further away from the bench.?

Could she have tied willow to the bench,left her phone and g one into the river deliberately? Perhaps in a different spot ,further away from the bench.?
Possible, already been suggested. They've searched mile UPSTREAM

From the Telegraph - "The dog was reportedly “bone dry” and in an “agitated state” when found."

My initial thought was she maybe drowned after the dog got into trouble in the river - it's happened before - but the article is saying the dog at least hadn't been in the water.
If Willow had jumped in at that spot I'm not sure she would be able to get back out with the steep drop there. I think Nicola could have thought Willow might jump in, leaving her with the problem of getting her out on the same side of the river, and rushed over to quickly harness her. JMO

Despite posts on here suggesting otherwise, the river is obviously deep enough for a person to be fully submerged. This article has video of a diver completely under the water and totally invisible..

Willow is a small (not tiny!) and well, boney, dog. If she had difficulty getting back up the bank and her mum went to get her, wouldn't Willow have a limp from overextending herself?

Despite posts on here suggesting otherwise, the river is obviously deep enough for a person to be fully submerged. This article has video of a diver completely under the water and totally invisible..

Just watched this - Also the bank is considerably higher when looked from the abandoned building perspective rather than viewing from the bench.

It doesn't have to be that deep for a diver doing a fingertip search to be fully submerged.

Yes. There have been posts suggesting otherwise, but sections of the water seem deep enough to submerge an adult. My theory remains that NB walked to anther part of the river and entered the water there. It's so terribly, horribly sad. I hope they find her very soon. This is agony for her family.

The Daily mail have upgraded the cordon story to their main story. I find this significant as the interest rate increase is dominating all other news sources. Do they know something they can't report on yet?

Diver could have been crawling along the river bed. Doesn’t mean to say the divers stood vertically underwater

There’s also steps cut into the bank where he gets out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member