Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this all now points to an accident in the river now, i cant see a third party involved with this there was too many people along that path or route by the sounds of this now. It looks like something happned suddenly a tradegy no matter what. IMO
The lack of consistency in the basic details is very strange, now we have the phone on the ground, the recognition of the screensaver, nothing to do with the lady who recognised the dog. Who was called first?

All just a muddle

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

The so called media dubbed 'Abandoned House' seems derelict and in need of some love aesthetically. If anyone was carrying out repairs, maintenance or renovations over the past few days/weeks/months, maybe they could be an important witness to any strange events or occurrences over time, odd behaviour by individuals and anything else of that sort.

The house is strangely beautiful and idyllic as well as creepy and can imagine spooky in the dark/fog.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Has somebody taken her" headline quote from parents in Daily Mail

Between the Daily Mail saying "has somebody taken her" & Daily Mirror "her parents say there is no evidence of her falling in the the river" they do not appear to think NB entered the water. The police are saying their is no evidence of foul play at this moment in time or 3rd party involvement.

Strange
<modsnip - criticizing an approved source> Family will probably prefer to think of possibilities other than the river because the latter offers the least hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC this was also the case where the victims last reported sighting by the pond/park was in close proximity to the empty house where she was eventually discovered. You are also correct in the house was empty. The eventual presumed perpetrator was a handyman tasked with carrying out maintenance and repairs at the home at the time the victim went missing and was the only person to have a set of keys to the house.

The so called media dubbed 'Abandoned House' seems derelict and in need of some love aesthetically. If anyone was carrying out repairs, maintenance or renovations over the past few days/weeks/months, maybe they could be an important witness to any strange events or occurrences over time, odd behaviour by individuals and anything else of that sort.

The house is strangely beautiful and idyllic as well as creepy and can imagine spooky in the dark/fog.

The search teams stated that the owner was at the house when they searched and that they found that 'strange'.

I've seen police wading in the water closer to the other side near the mansion, but not at the spot where the bench is. JMO

Maybe we've seen different videos.
There was other videos where they were stood directly in front of the bench up to their knees. There is no way theres 18ft drop right there unless it was artificially dug.

The highest EVER level was 10ft and that was officially recorded during a flood. Day she went missing it was low at 1.64ft (0.5m) measured at St Michaels.

Knowing how rivers flow, you do get some deep channels from erosion but not to that extreme.

"The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone,"

That's an interesting development. Two feet from the bench doesn't seem far enough from pictures to have a medical incident and end up in the river. And what immediate trouble would the dog have to be in for you to drop your phone on the floor rather than placing in a pocket or on the bench and going to help? Possible, just implausible for me

That's an interesting development. Two feet from the bench doesn't seem far enough from pictures to have a medical incident and end up in the river. And what immediate trouble would the dog have to be in for you to drop your phone on the floor rather than placing in a pocket or on the bench and going to help? Possible, just implausible for me
But nothing has been found in the water.

Phone on the floor, dog loose

Says more to me someone else involved.

In addition to this, there is an interesting line in the story at Missing mum of two seen 'laughing and joking' moments before she disappeared

"She went on to say two other dog walkers later came across her phone and recognised the screensaver photo.

She said they were unable to unlock the phone and contacted a friend who then called St Michael's-on-Wyre Church of England Primary School, where Nicola had dropped her two children earlier that morning".

If they were unable to unlock the phone, would it still be possible for phone to be connected to the team work call? It have been reported in various outlets that the phone was found on a bench still connected to said call?

That’s why I think MSM confuses the situation. It’s best just to listen to the police statements.

I agree. The basis of that article is actually third party information (BBM) "The friend, who wishes to stay anonymous, told the Mirror she has spoken to a pair who believe they were the last people to see Nicola before she went missing."

and then "She went on to say two other dog walkers later came across her phone and recognised the screensaver photo."

So it's not from the pair themselves or the other two people. As far as police statements go we have only been told about the friend who found Willow, the 09:15 witness, and the 70 yr old witness.This is 4 extra people being included.

We know where she was seen at 9.15am, and we know where the bench where her phone was found is, I wonder how long it would take to walk between the two? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? that the phone was on the bench suggests she maybe sat there for a bit. She could have been somewhereon the toll path for about fifteen minutes before anything happened, and yet no one found the dog until 10.15am? That suggests not many people walk along there.

There was other videos where they were stood directly in front of the bench up to their knees. There is no way theres 18ft drop right there unless it was artificially dug.

The highest EVER level was 10ft and that was officially recorded during a flood. Day she went missing it was low at 1.64ft (0.5m) measured at St Michaels.

Knowing how rivers flow, you do get some deep channels from erosion but not to that extreme.
Do you have a link please to the video. We don't know about erosion, the channel might always have been lower at that side of the river.

The reason I ask is that there was a sign saying DANGER DEEP WATER, nailed to the tree by the bench, and some facts would be useful.

St Michaels isn't, I believe, measured at the part in front of the bench.

JMO

In addition to this, there is an interesting line in the story at Missing mum of two seen 'laughing and joking' moments before she disappeared

"She went on to say two other dog walkers later came across her phone and recognised the screensaver photo.

She said they were unable to unlock the phone and contacted a friend who then called St Michael's-on-Wyre Church of England Primary School, where Nicola had dropped her two children earlier that morning".

If they were unable to unlock the phone, would it still be possible for phone to be connected to the team work call? It have been reported in various outlets that the phone was found on a bench still connected to said call?
Feels like the info coming out is all over the place , I'm so confused . Just get my head round one thing and another appears that changes the other !!

Locking the screen on a phone doesn't effect anything you have open at the time, it all keeps running. You'd need to unlock the phone before you could interact with the teams meeting so makes sense that she was still connected
I assume PA must know the code to have unlocked the phone to know it was still connected

Maybe the police have information from the phone that is enabling them to say they don't suspect anyone else is involved

Tbh if you are connected to a call on zoom/teams I don’t think the Lock Screen comes on - I could be wrong though.

Unless someone locked it the call would still go on.

If they were unable to unlock the phone, would it still be possible for phone to be connected to the team work call?
Yes, I think so. It just depends on your lock screen time settings.
You get out of an MS Teams meeting if you either klick "leave" or someone else kicks you out. Or if you lose conntection to the Internet (and it also "autoreconnects" you for a while - if my wi-fi router does something funny then usually I just freeze for a few seconds and then everything continues on as per usual, there is a time limit after what it gives up on that ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member