Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Paul's interview and I think he speaks for all of us when he says "in every scenario you just hit a brick wall and you start again". That's what everybody has been doing here for the past week. I don't think his interview was weird at all. He stayed pretty well composed and thankfully it seems he's staying strong for the kids.

As someone who has attempted suicide and went to the effort of researching methods that are used. Water is quite an unusual way to attempt, drowning is one of the worst ways to go. It'd be even more unusual to go for an area of water that wouldn't even come up to your waist. Obviously cold shock is a thing, but you'd be very much relying on that to take over or your natural instinct would likely force you to surface/stand.

JMO.
So brave of you to share that information. I’ve had mental health issues in the past too - you are not alone.

As someone who has attempted suicide and went to the effort of researching methods that are used. Water is quite an unusual way to attempt, drowning is one of the worst ways to go. It'd be even more unusual to go for an area of water that wouldn't even come up to your waist. Obviously cold shock is a thing, but you'd be very much relying on that to take over or your natural instinct would likely force you to surface/stand.

JMO.
Yes i agree with this. Whilst i understand what people are saying about cold shock (im not disagreeing with anyone here) i still think that instinct would take over. There would be a scream or something. JMO

I believe poor Nicola has ended up in the river without any third party involvement. As we have seen with previous cases like Libby Squire, it could potentially take weeks for the water to give her up and her to be found. My heart breaks for her whole family. JMO

I get the impression this was arranged before the latest developments and in response to worried locals needing an update.
I get the impression it was arranged earlier this morning. When they were talking about it around 9-10am today, it was hinted that the police would give an update. That is ofcourse before the car park findings.

MOO

We need council CCTV in remote woodland and parks. People are still vanishing in the digital age.

My thoughts regarding this case are firstly, river or secondly, abduction.

All missing persons cases should get national publicity like this.

MOO
It would require dozens of cameras just to cover that one piece of open land, in a small village in Lancashire (and more if the intent is to identify faces). Billions perhaps to cover the whole country. Completely unrealistic to expect all publicly owned land in the UK to be within scope of CCTV.

I do agree however that missing persons cases are often the subject of media lottery.

I believe poor Nicola has ended up in the river without any third party involvement. As we have seen with previous cases like Libby Squire, it could potentially take weeks for the water to give her up and her to be found. My heart breaks for her whole family. JMO

Yeah these are my thoughts. Looking at the bank, it does look tricky to have gotten out, if in shock or slightly injured from a slip/fall.

Feb 3 2023
''A top Scots criminologist has detailed five possible theories behind the disappearance of Nicola Bulley as the search for the missing mum enters its seventh day.''

''David Wilson, emeritus professor of criminology at Birmingham City University, said police will consider five options when investigating the disappearance. The theories include an accident, a suicide, a person going missing voluntarily, an abduction or murder.''

''Lancashire Police have said they do not believe any crime has been committed and are treating the incident as a missing person inquiry. Professor Wilson said in the first days of the investigation, detectives will have looked at Nicola's social media profiles, searching Facebook and looking at texts to find out any clues.''

''He said: "They will build up a picture of her, not just in terms of what is known about her in public, but things which might not be known, things she was keeping to herself." The expert said police will also look at the missing mum's bank account usage, to see if any money was used just before she disappeared.''

"It has made local women fearful. If they have husbands or partners, they have been taking the dogs out instead."

The site is nine miles downstream from where Ms Bulley went missing last Friday. However, this afternoon, a Lancashire Police spokesman it was part of an inquiries relating to a suspicious vehicle.

BBM
Suspicious vehicle?

Sky News have just put a live shot of the press conference location on. There are 6 chairs at a desk with lots of mics.

I'm thinking that all the family will be there and this will be more of a formal appeal, maybe?

Just watched Paul's interview and I think he speaks for all of us when he says "in every scenario you just hit a brick wall and you start again". That's what everybody has been doing here for the past week. I don't think his interview was weird at all. He stayed pretty well composed and thankfully it seems he's staying strong for the kids.
I think as humans we simply can’t face believing the most obvious scenario, which means the person is no longer alive, and so we search for other possibilities when we know deep down they are unlikely . I suppose it gives us hope. Sadly I do still think the river holds the answer. It’s just horrible waiting. My heart goes out to all involved.

I've just watch PA's interview. I'm not really adding anything new here, but that poor, poor man. He looks like someone trying to operate and function, just echoing the motions of normality, but every now and then there's the most heartbreaking glimpse of the hell he's going through. The bottom really has just dropped out of their world.

Yeah these are my thoughts. Looking at the bank, it does look tricky to have gotten out, if in shock or slightly injured from a slip/fall.
Sounds as though this river has claimed at least one other victim before. As I said earlier, it’s the most logical conclusion, yet painfully it could take weeks, if ever, that she’s found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raquel222