Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did she tie the dog up with I wonder, if the harness and lead were found down towards the river?
I’m really not sure. She provides a lot of information that we all knew early on as part of the timeline and quite significant as she was the first to come upon a scene that really wasn’t quite right at all and started the ball rolling for getting Paul and police attention. Yet curiously she isn’t mentioned in the official time line and the second people to come upon willow are documented as though they were the first to find the dog and the phone so why has her interaction been excluded from the timeline.

It’s honestly really baffling. It was talked about a lot this week!??

I’m really not sure. She provides a lot of information that we all knew early on as part of the timeline and quite significant as she was the first to come upon a scene that really wasn’t quite right at all and started the ball rolling for getting Paul and police attention. Yet curiously she isn’t mentioned in the official time line and the second people to come upon willow are documented as though they were the first to find the dog and the phone so why has her interaction been excluded from the timeline.

I'm interested to know if she also saw NB's phone

NB might have gone into the water holding the lead and was struggling to get back up due to her clothing. That may explain the lead on the bank, she let go of it while trying to climb out.
Yes I assumed she was carrying harness & lead attached and had put it down on the bank but couldn't think why. It would help if we had some detail on how close it was left to the water's edge.

What an awful case.

Maybe the police felt it wasn't relevant to the public? I guess their aim when releasing info is to be clear and as concise as possible. Adding another step in may detract from their main aim; to establish what happened in the 9.20> period, and request info/dash cam.

Or a right turn. Sorry I’m not from area I was just trying to say I wasn’t expecting it to be such a busy road and you can still hear the traffic when the person is going along next to the river.
43 seconds in and there’s the sign for roundabout.

Maybe the police felt it wasn't relevant to the public? I guess their aim when releasing info is to be clear and as concise as possible. Adding another step in may detract from their main aim; to establish what happened in the 9.20> period, and request info/dash cam.
Yes that’s understandable but to miss her out and make it look like the other dog walkers were the first to find her isn’t factually accurate either and that’s what is getting to me.

Or a right turn. Sorry I’m not from area I was just trying to say I wasn’t expecting it to be such a busy road and you can still hear the traffic when the person is going along next to the river.
43 seconds in and there’s the sign, roundabout. Link to video above thanks to PandaMarch

Last edited by a moderator:
A business owner raised the alarm over missing Lancashire mum Nicola Bulley after finding her 'worried' dog alone and off his leash.

The passerby spotted the 45-year-old's brown springer spaniel Willow running free and also found her mobile phone on a bench by the side of the river last Friday (January 27). It was found under a tree which has a sign warning of deep water nailed to it.

The Mirror reports how Willow was running free and the woman found the dog's harness on the floor next to the river. She called her daughter-in-law who called Nicola's long-term partner Paul, who dialled 999.

"There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness. The dog looked worried so I tied her up and rushed home as I had to go to an appointment.

The business owner added: "I know of her and her partner because I walk around the river a lot to pass the time. I always say morning to them or comment on how it's a lovely day but that's all.

I don't think it's fair or accurate to say they've closed their minds. They are still appealing for footage from Garstang Rd exits. If they can cover that off it will make the river explanation the most likely explanation but as they say it's a hypothesis at the moment.

Yes, It's both fair & accurate. LE have closed their minds to the “potential possibility” of 3rd party, criminal or suspicious involvement. LE have stated & are on record as saying “That there is no third party or criminal involvement and that this is not suspicious, but a tragic case of a missing person.
Supt. Riley, Press Conference, 3 Feb 2023. (BBM)

A business owner raised the alarm over missing Lancashire mum Nicola Bulley after finding her 'worried' dog alone and off his leash.

The passerby spotted the 45-year-old's brown springer spaniel Willow running free and also found her mobile phone on a bench by the side of the river last Friday (January 27). It was found under a tree which has a sign warning of deep water nailed to it.

The Mirror reports how Willow was running free and the woman found the dog's harness on the floor next to the river. She called her daughter-in-law who called Nicola's long-term partner Paul, who dialled 999.

"There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness. The dog looked worried so I tied her up and rushed home as I had to go to an appointment.

The video I seen stopped when the person filming got to the bench- what is after the bench? I take it the path carries on ?

Looking for some clarification here please as I have been following the news about NB closely for the last week and am now confused about the timeline.

This is the official timeline by the Lancashire Police
Lancs Police Official NB timeline

Missing in that timeline or unclear when it happened (if it did) is the local business woman who FIRST found Willow roaming around alone.

She spoke to reporters and her account is here

Shop owner who found willow

In that article she found willow, and TIED her up at the bench. Went home for an appointment and could not stick around. She told her daughter who then alerted Paul A. And then the police. That is the sequence of events in that article as described by the woman who found willow.
So my questions are
- why is this event not listed in the official timeline by the police?
- what time did this happen?
- how much time elapsed between willow being tied up and the dog walkers arriving to find her for a second time alone.
- who actually called Paul? Was it the daughter of the woman or the dog walkers who found willow a second time.
- how did willow get free after being tied up, she was found with no leash or harness?
- who called the police then?!

I have read every article available now and I’m really perplexed why this woman’s actions and account are not included? It skips that willow was found by someone first and left alone tied to the bench.

Edited to add: MOO I do believe there is subtext surrounding the Fitbit, even the older models will live record your heart rate. I have one that is 6 years old and updates to my phone every few minutes. It’s also water proof. I actually think they know Nicola passed away in that river because her Fitbit recorded her potentially drowning and heart no longer beating. I actually believe they aren’t focusing on anything else because it’s almost a certainty using that data she has passed. They need the footage from the allotment lane almost to finalise and box it off, not leaving any stone unturned so to speak. MOO
I asked the same questions about the dog witnesses. Didn’t the first witness have something to do with the caravan park?? And didn’t she want to remain anonymous? Seems odd that it not included in the timeline now.

Last edited by a moderator:
My assumption is this:

Nicola sets off on the walk with the dog and once she got to the gate she would take the dogs harness and lead off. Now she is hands free from the dog she can send her email and start the zoom call, she is spotted by somebody that knows her and her dog and they confirm her phone being on show. She is later spotted in the higher field with her dog off lead. The time from 9.10am ( last sighting in top field) to 9.20am (phone tech confirmed at the bench area) is accurate for the 10 mins it would take to get back to the bench area.
Now Nicola has to get the dog back on the lead and the bench is a good area if you are still pre occupied with a zoom call, hence putting the phone on the bench while she sorts the dog out with harness etc, because she can still hear the phone whilst tending to the dog. However i believe she has some accident at the slope near the bench and ends up in the water, probably due to gettng the harness on and wet/slippy steep slope or due to a medical condition possible heart attack? This is why she never ends the zoomcall.

People are assuming the dog will just bindly jump into the water, but im not so sure about this assumption. Dogs can be very scared and if its a steep slope it could put the dog in doubt as to what to do. I think the dog just stays very close to that area because it is in a panicked state. My only problem with my take on events is that i find it highly unlikely that the weight of her body in wet clothing has been able to pass the weir, then pass all of the island areas, pass over all silt and not get caught up anywhere to be found before getting to sea. But then i am assuming that the search underwater is flawless. I think they will find the body with more searching.

Walk through of route taken by NB. Gives you a good feel for the area. The bench is located on a steep hill and quite honestly I’d like to see that bench removed because it annoys me.

It’s bigger than I thought, remote but open, surely if foul play someone would have heard a scream, I’m back and forth with my thoughts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K-Nine