GUILTY UK - Nicole Smallman, 27 & Bibaa Henry 46, Archdeacon's daughters, murdered London park, 7 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A friend has described to jurors how a joyful birthday party with two sisters later turned to feelings of "dread" as their bodies lay undiscovered in a park.

Ms Henry's close friend Nina Esmat had been the first to join the sisters' party at a picnic spot laid out with blankets, cushions and fairy lights.

Describing the atmosphere of the party, she said: "It was lovely to get together with people after lockdown.
It was a beautiful evening, amazing view, amazing sunset.

"We were all taking pictures remarking on the sky at night."

Ms Esmat was one of the last to leave at around 11.45pm, while the sisters stayed on, the court heard.

She told jurors: "I had the impression they were not going to stay long.

"It felt a safe space."

Afterwards, Ms Esmat texted Ms Henry by WhatsApp to ask about her evening and sent her some photographs from the party but heard nothing back.

She said: "I thought it was strange but it didn't worry me too much.

"I didn't feel that worried.

Blackheath teen murder trial: 'Beautiful evening' turned to 'dread', jurors told

The next morning her cousin messaged me and as soon as I heard her voice I knew something was wrong.

"I was filled with dread."

She told jurors that the sisters' mother was really worried because they had not returned home.

Ms Esmat joined another concerned friend, Adam Stone, to search the park.

She told jurors how she spotted Ms Henry's new designer prescription sunglasses in the grass.

"I saw them glinting in the sun and my heart sank.

I just knew she would not have left them behind."

She called police who advised her to take them into the police station, jurors heard.

Ms Esmat said she spotted a second pair of sunglasses she thought might belong to Ms Smallman.

"It was all horrendous because prior to finding Bibaa's glasses I had some reassurance there was nothing there.

"It looked as if they had packed up their stuff and left.

"But to find the glasses, they were a bit mangled, that filled me with dread.

"It was the second pair of sunglasses, we were both very apprehensive."

Ms Esmat set off to Wembley police station to hand in the glasses, leaving Mr Stone to continue the search.

She said. "He just said to me 'I don't know what to do' while I was gone and, I regret saying this, I just said 'if you can bear it just keep looking'."

While in the police station, she heard messages on the radio about Fryent Park, the court heard.

Ms Esmat said: "Adam eventually texted me to say 'I've found them. They are gone'.

I knew what he meant but I did not want to believe it.

"I did reply 'what do you mean they are gone?'

"He said 'they are dead'."

Blackheath teen murder trial: 'Beautiful evening' turned to 'dread', jurors told

A friend has described to jurors how a joyful birthday party with two sisters later turned to feelings of "dread" as their bodies lay undiscovered in a park.

Ms Henry's close friend Nina Esmat had been the first to join the sisters' party at a picnic spot laid out with blankets, cushions and fairy lights.

Describing the atmosphere of the party, she said: "It was lovely to get together with people after lockdown.
It was a beautiful evening, amazing view, amazing sunset.

"We were all taking pictures remarking on the sky at night."

Ms Esmat was one of the last to leave at around 11.45pm, while the sisters stayed on, the court heard.

She told jurors: "I had the impression they were not going to stay long.

"It felt a safe space."

Afterwards, Ms Esmat texted Ms Henry by WhatsApp to ask about her evening and sent her some photographs from the party but heard nothing back.

She said: "I thought it was strange but it didn't worry me too much.

"I didn't feel that worried.

If he was already watching the group, Ms.Esmat was lucky he did not attack her first ,once she was away from the sisters sight.

Last edited:
The next morning her cousin messaged me and as soon as I heard her voice I knew something was wrong.

"I was filled with dread."

She told jurors that the sisters' mother was really worried because they had not returned home.

Ms Esmat joined another concerned friend, Adam Stone, to search the park.

She told jurors how she spotted Ms Henry's new designer prescription sunglasses in the grass.

"I saw them glinting in the sun and my heart sank.

I just knew she would not have left them behind."

She called police who advised her to take them into the police station, jurors heard.

Ms Esmat said she spotted a second pair of sunglasses she thought might belong to Ms Smallman.

"It was all horrendous because prior to finding Bibaa's glasses I had some reassurance there was nothing there.

"It looked as if they had packed up their stuff and left.

"But to find the glasses, they were a bit mangled, that filled me with dread.

"It was the second pair of sunglasses, we were both very apprehensive."

Ms Esmat set off to Wembley police station to hand in the glasses, leaving Mr Stone to continue the search.

She said. "He just said to me 'I don't know what to do' while I was gone and, I regret saying this, I just said 'if you can bear it just keep looking'."

While in the police station, she heard messages on the radio about Fryent Park, the court heard.

Ms Esmat said: "Adam eventually texted me to say 'I've found them. They are gone'.

I knew what he meant but I did not want to believe it.

"I did reply 'what do you mean they are gone?'

"He said 'they are dead'."

It really makes me angry that the police did not advise them to stay at the spot they found both pairs of glasses and send officers there immediately.

It really makes me angry that the police did not advise them to stay at the spot they found both pairs of glasses and send officers there immediately.

I think the police handling has been appalling all round.
Even when NE was at the police station and heard talk re Fryent Park, indicating that the police must have already known the bodies had been found, it seems no one there offered her any help. She had to find out from her friend.

From Robin's link above

Mr Stone, who had lived with 27-year-old Ms Smallman for four years, said he began looking for the women when his girlfriend was not contactable the day after the party.

Along with his parents and a friend of the sisters, they returned to the scene of the celebration where his father found a knife in the grass.

"The second I saw the knife I started to run," Mr Stone said. "I already had my phone calling 999," adding that he did not know where he was running.

"I decided to look in the bushes. I peered through a bush and saw some shoes. Then I ran around and dived into the bush.

"I feel to my knees in front of Nicole, probably about a foot away."

He described how he then screamed, before telling his parents and the rest of the search party "not to look in there".

He had given her money for a mini-cab home....

*weeps*
animated-smileys-sad-026.gif.pagespeed.ce.d_KoxkzINn.gif

On Monday, Ms Smallman's boyfriend Adam Stone broke down at the Old Bailey as he told of his frantic search for his girlfriend and her sister.

Mr Stone, who had known Ms Smallman for six years, had not been at the party on June 5 last year but have given her money for a minicab home.

Just after 1am on June 6, he received a last text message from her saying: 'I'm dancing in a field.'

The next day she did not respond to his reply and he became increasingly worried that neither her friends nor family had seen her, the court heard.

He reported Ms Smallman missing to police and even attempted to track her mobile phone, without success, the jury was told.

By the morning of Sunday June 7, Mr Stone decided to go in search of Ms Smallman in the park where she had been last seen,

Speaking from behind a screen in court, he said: 'I spoke to my mum and said we need to go looking. I received a message from Nicole's mum, the address where they had gone.'

Once in the park, he separated from his parents and they began searching by 'shouting and looking in bushes', he said.

Danyal Hussein murder trial: Friend of Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry give evidence in court | Daily Mail Online

Nina Esmat told the court: 'For half an hour I rode my bike around looking for where she was.

'I didn't know what I was doing to be honest, it was very surreal. Adam (another friend) and I found each other, I think at that point I noticed her glasses.

'I think I remember seeing a long line of flattened grass. I'm not sure whether I thought that was big at the time.'

Ms Esmat called police who told her to take the glasses to a nearby police station.

She drove to two police stations, which were both closed, before speaking to officers at Wembley Police Station.

Danyal Hussein murder trial: Friend of Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry give evidence in court | Daily Mail Online

Nina Esmat told the court: 'For half an hour I rode my bike around looking for where she was.

'I didn't know what I was doing to be honest, it was very surreal. Adam (another friend) and I found each other, I think at that point I noticed her glasses.

'I think I remember seeing a long line of flattened grass. I'm not sure whether I thought that was big at the time.'

Ms Esmat called police who told her to take the glasses to a nearby police station.

She drove to two police stations, which were both closed, before speaking to officers at Wembley Police Station.

This just gets worse. She had to drive to a third police station because the other two were closed. I really hope there is a public inquiry about how this case was handled.

On Monday, Ms Smallman's boyfriend Adam Stone broke down at the Old Bailey as he told of his frantic search for his girlfriend and her sister.

Mr Stone, who had known Ms Smallman for six years, had not been at the party on June 5 last year but have given her money for a minicab home.

Just after 1am on June 6, he received a last text message from her saying: 'I'm dancing in a field.'

The next day she did not respond to his reply and he became increasingly worried that neither her friends nor family had seen her, the court heard.

He reported Ms Smallman missing to police and even attempted to track her mobile phone, without success, the jury was told.

By the morning of Sunday June 7, Mr Stone decided to go in search of Ms Smallman in the park where she had been last seen,

Speaking from behind a screen in court, he said: 'I spoke to my mum and said we need to go looking. I received a message from Nicole's mum, the address where they had gone.'

Once in the park, he separated from his parents and they began searching by 'shouting and looking in bushes', he said.

Kind of ironic that an alleged devil worshipper, coincidentally murdered a church Archdeacon's daughters, imo.
from link..

''Alongside his six offerings, the 19-year-old had promised to build a temple to 'mighty King Lucifug Rofocale' in exchange for 'fruitful rewards' and his freedom.

The signature at the bottom of the agreement was allegedly signed off by Danyal in his own blood, a court heard today.''

Neighbour heard a 'piercing scream' on the night Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry were killed

"A resident said she heard a “piercing scream” on the night two sisters were fatally stabbed in a north west London park, the Old Bailey heard on Tuesday."

Elaine Williams told jurors how she had been watching Silent Witness on television when she heard a noise at 1.45am on 6 June.

She said she heard a man shouting and then more than one female shouting “really loud”.

Ms Williams told the court: “All of a sudden I heard one female voice. And after I heard this really piercing scream that will live with me forever. It was so intense.”

She told jurors that it was “like a massive argument”. Riel Karmy-Jones QC, defending, asked if it sounded like the voices knew each other. Ms Williams replied: “No.”

Another witness Linda Guerrero described how she saw two people in bushes as she walked her dog on the morning of 7 June last year, before the bodies were discovered.

She told jurors: “I crouched, peered in and I could see there was indeed somebody a bit further along on the ground.

“As I peered in I looked to see what I thought was a couple. The reason I thought it was a couple, the person lying on the floor with their back to me, it looked like they had a bare back.

“I assumed they were a couple because I thought they seemed to be intertwined slightly. I said something along the lines: ‘Are you OK, are you alright mate?’ There was no response.”

She continued: “We do occasionally get rough sleepers in the park and that’s what I had assumed that the couple were – they had spent the night there sleeping.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7
Back