Identified! UK - nr. Brighton, WhtFem, 20-25yrs, 5'4", found at water's edge, 20 Dec 2022, distinctive tattoos - Dovile Survilaite

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I honestly don't think her tattoos are up to the standards you'd find in the majority of tattoo studios in that area or most other areas in the UK. That's not an insult, it is just a subjective opinion. I think she - IMO - got those tattoos from different artists outside of the UK.
They could be done by apprentices perhaps. Often offered at a lower price, so more affordable to students/young people.

Though the police did seem to think the prevailing currents had brought her from further west, which is usually the way in that stretch of water in my experience.

https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/s...-to-identify-woman-washed-ashore-at-brighton/
If she had entered the water further west, I wonder if she could have gone in at Portsmouth or if that’s too far over. She could have got the ferry over from France for the day/a holiday. Hence not being reported missing in UK. Seems very unusual for such a young woman not to be reported missing by anyone.

They could be done by apprentices perhaps. Often offered at a lower price, so more affordable to students/young people.
Good call - I was trying to reconcile that.

In the skyline tattoo there are some quite distinctive buildings. The middle row in front of the skyscrapers, the L-shaped towers, look like Chinese social housing tower blocks. They also look a bit Yugoslav. I don’t know if this matters at all as one could just take a picture from the internet to many tattooists who will copy it for you.

Those tattoos could all be red herrings on that basis.

Maybe the UID Doe was a fan of the show G.O.T.? speculation, imo,

''Game of Thrones' Lena Headey Shows Off New Scarab Hand Tattoo Hours Before Emmy Awards
1678290487796.png
''In addition to her scarab tattoo, Headey’s tattoos include an open birdcage on her forearm and lotus blossom, peonies and swallows covering her back and shoulder.''

Exactly! Also wondering if her family would recognize the tattoos as they might be new or kept hidden, hoping LE will publish a sketch or photo of the UID Doe soon, imo.
Bbm, would this depend on whether she wasn't British and thus therefore they could be struggling to find an address or next of kin/parents for the lady? If she is indeed British, and they find her family, would they release her identity to the public or is this at the family's discretion/will?

I would think her identity will be published eventually, if only when the inquest takes place. The fact of her death isn't a private thing in any legal sense, even though it will be a personal tragedy for her family. Whether the police will think it appropriate to publish her identity in direct response to the appeal, to satisfy the curiosity of people like us, as it were, is another matter. JMO though, not an expert. (And of course the tattoo artist who recognised the tattoos may not necessarily be able to provide the police with an accurate ID, I suppose.)

Keeping the tattoos at the forefront.
''The woman is described as white, aged between 20 to 25 and around 5 foot 4 with a slim medium build. She was wearing a purple sports bra, dark mauve sports leggings and Converse black boots with the original white trim.''

''A member of the public alerted the officials on December 20 - at around 1:20pm - when they spotted the body lying by the shores of Saltdean beach.''
''
Officers believe she had not been in the water for longer than 24 hours, and maritime authorities stated the possibility of her entering the water further west and being swept by tidal waves along to Saltdean.''
1678369284738.png

1678369248802.png

Sussex are still looking... Just seen this on Facebook. Keep sleuthing, friends. This woman hasn't been ID'd.

Oh no, I hope it's not that they still haven't got her identification - more a case of, if you have information then talk to police don't tag/chat on Facebook...I don't know. I do believe the artist who came forward via Brighton Tattoo Convention recognised her own work. Maybe she tattooed the lady during a convention and record keeping is different that way, or there's a clerical issue and her details aren't on file anymore.

I was thinking more about this poor woman, and I was wondering if she isn't a foreign national, then maybe she grew up in care and so hasn't been reported missing by family?

I dont believe so- perhaps a skyline though.

Two of the buildings seem to resemble churches (steeple style, dome style). If so, they would not be among the tall buildings of the world- at least not in the modern sense.

I meant the ones at the back, but doesn't matter now, as we've cracked on since my original post.

It's refreshing to see a police force use sleuthers, and amateur sleuthers (i.e. those not on this site :P) to solve something. Sussex played a good game, but putting a bit more out there than usual and trusting the crowd. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back