UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know,
With sooo many trainings I have had at my workplace (school) I still remember the one about mental problems of youths, especially self harming.
Some cut themselves to find distraction from the mental pain.

And I wonder -
what if somebody hurts others, not oneself, to find relief from this tumult in one's mind?

To distract oneself, to be able to think about dancing, joy again?
To get rid of terrible thoughts?

Can somebody hurt oneself "by proxy"?

JMO
That’s what my dad used to say, “son this hurts me more than it hurts you”.

Cheer your Dad with your music!
Provided it is not terrible ripping (causing toothache) haha
All depends on structure Dotta, I figured out with the right arrangement I could leave him feeling like a E diminished.

All depends on structure Dotta, I figured out with the right arrangement I could leave him feeling like a E diminished.
My English and knowledge of musical notes are lacking in understanding your post :rolleyes:
I guess it is positive in meaning :)

I once lived next to a Music student and her "practising" the violin was the point in time I got interested in true crime haha
I had to move place.

Last edited:
Was just reading this..
The judge has the power to call a witness who has not been called by either the prosecution or the defence, and without the consent of either, if it is necessary in the interests of justice. This power should be exercised rarely (Archbold, 4-345).

I wonder if the judge will call in the senior management

My best guess is, if the judge is thinking favourably towards LL, he may call them up but if the opposite then visa versa.
If they are called, they will have to confirm the Consultants' point of view.
Agree that they were warned about "strange things" happening in the unit.
I guess it favours Prosecution, no?

JMO

If they are called, they will have to confirm the Consultants' point of view.
Agree that they were warned about "strange things" happening in the unit.
I guess it favours Prosecution, no?

JMO

I'm not sure why they would call the senior management or how it would help the case.
The consultant has stood on oath and said who he told ..no reason to disbelieve that

I'm not sure why they would call the senior management or how it would help the case.
The consultant has stood on oath and said who he told ..no reason to disbelieve that
Doesn't CEO bear the ultimate responsibility?

In case of a ship sinking,
Does not captain take the stand?

What was the state of affairs in this unit and hospital on the whole?

If management cannot answer such elementary questions, why to bother with management then?

Hello!
Is there a Pilot on board???

JMO

Doesn't CEO bear the ultimate responsibility?

In case of a ship sinking,
Does not captain take the stand?

What was the state of affairs in this unit and hospital on the whole?

If management cannot answer such elementary questions, why to bother with management then?

Hello!
Is there a Pilot on board???

JMO

I'd imagine they would be accountable in a different way ...regarding the trial against LL unless they can add to the evidence I'm not sure the point

I suppose it's the argument that it's not the NHS on trial here.
Conversely, the prosecution's case is one that argues that concerns around LL were not just based on statistics but a series of observations, making the medical director and the CEO key witnesses.
I find it really interesting to read that one of the major reasons that health care serial killers are not bought to justice is because of the impact of public confidence in the health care system.
Also quite interesting is how Trusts seem to get around health care serial killers in other cases.
Take Charles Cullen, wasn't he fired like 8 times 'with a reference' ?
I wonder if how hospitals are funded has any baring on how trusts might deal with the problem.

The total ceo of any company is generally not there to be the headmaster. He’s more of a networker responsible for ensuring communication between different organisations. I would have expected the process with LL to have gone through human resources including the top tier. A large distance between ceo and regular staff generally.

The total ceo of any company is generally not there to be the headmaster. He’s more of a networker responsible for ensuring communication between different organisations. I would have expected the process with LL to have gone through human resources including the top tier. A large distance between ceo and regular staff generally.
Whilst there are these formal routes, I think a lot of these discussions occur through diplomatic relations. The golf club for example.

This unit was not a private enterprise with a few nurses and doctors.

It is part of National Health SERVICE - service as SERVING good people of Chester, right?

Somebody heads this institution, is responsible for everything running smoothly and MOSTLY ensuring the good care for PATIENTS.

And these people should have a lot to say during the trial.
Explain to the public what went wrong.

That is a leader's task.
A good, caring, responsible CEO/s.

That is how I understand these matters.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors