UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s her only comeback for the shredder - if she bought it after she was asked if she had one.
Not necessarily, she might have acquired the shredder after the handover sheets had been accumulated. It sounds like the questions were around why she chose to keep the notes instead of destroying them as they were being accumulated. I.e why did she put them in a folder every day instead of shredding them. I just feel like it’s such a ridiculous thing to lie about, that it’s more likely to be misleading reporting as the air embolism comment was. JMO.

To be honest I’ve not paid much attention to the shedder thing, after being burnt once by the ‘don’t know what an air embolism is’ saga. She had 30 interviews, I expect there was copious amounts of discussion about her shedder and why she chose not to shred the handover notes. Without knowing the entire context of the discussion, which babies were being discussed when she said this, when the shedder was purchased etc. JMO.
What do you mean by "shedder"?

Are there 2 of them? o_O

1. shredder
2. shedder

My mind is slowly frying
Oh dear :(

Lol, just a typo, which I’ve managed to do twice in the same post!
You know
You might have been right.
"Shedder" could mean another "shredder" but with broken teeth.

MOooo :)

Last edited:
That’s her only comeback for the shredder - if she bought it after she was asked if she had one.
They photographed it on the first search of her home, and also photographed the shredder box in her wardrobe at her parents' home on the same date.

She said she didn't have a shredder in her final interview two years later.

to be fair, it might have been in the police evidence locker at that stage! :D

(no, I don't think they would seize stuff like that, maybe the contents though)

Ahhh … thank you, I hadn’t realised.
Righto …. That’s the shredder debate put to bed then !

They photographed it on the first search of her home, and also photographed the shredder box in her wardrobe at her parents' home on the same date.

She said she didn't have a shredder in her final interview two years later.

to be fair, it might have been in the police evidence locker at that stage! :D

(no, I don't think they would seize stuff like that, maybe the contents though)
Thanks for the clarity around this.
So if some were found at her parents house in a box marked 'keep'. (I heard around 5?)
Then 30 ish were found under her bed in the Morrisons bag? I don't suppose you know the specific location of the other 200? Or how they were stored?
I think maybe the shredder is innocent because if guilty, wouldn't police have matched the fibres in the shredder to the paper handsheets and presented that as evidence?
Apologies for recycling the issue

Ha ha …. I can keep it going if you want to Dotta !
Why does she lie on so many provable questions though ? She’s had years to get her story straight.
Changing the topic :)

If she indeed is taking the stand,
will the public gallery in Court be open to the public?
If I lived in the UK I might consider a trip to ....Manchester(?)

I would love to see my favourite barrister Mr KC Nick J in action :)

But I guess the gallery is closed for spectators.

Ha ha …. I can keep it going if you want to Dotta !
Why does she lie on so many provable questions though ? She’s had years to get her story straight.
I'd say it's a manifestation of being a risk-taker, chances are the person she's saying it to doesn't check out her answer, or doesn't know. There were many such risks evident in her other alleged behaviours, not to mention the alleged incidents involving the babies, but also writing allegedly false notes involving doctors and parents, one of baby F's blood sugar readings, and omitting information from notes. She could have been caught out at any point, but it worked for her until it didn't, when accounts were checked out eventually. I would think it would be a lifelong habit, reflexive, to avoid responsibility in all manner of things, probably some quite inconsequential or minor things too. JMO

I think I’m about to get shot down But here goes nothing. Does anyone think there is the potential that what she said about the shredder was a nervous reaction? Sometimes if people are really on the spot they just react and speak without thinking.
I'd say this is the most likely explanation. She knows that those handover notes should not be in her posession whatever the actual reason that they're there and that she has reasonable means to dispose of them.
Or she may have just forgotten about the shredder? In the middle of a long and stressful series of police interviews where she's fighting for her life trying to remember complicated details about the treatment of babies she is accused of harming she could forget pretty nondescript household items in a home she might not even have lived in for some time at that point?

I'd say this is the most likely explanation. She knows that those handover notes should not be in her posession whatever the actual reason that they're there and that she has reasonable means to dispose of them.
Or she may have just forgotten about the shredder? In the middle of a long and stressful series of police interviews where she's fighting for her life trying to remember complicated details about the treatment of babies she is accused of harming she could forget pretty nondescript household items in a home she might not even have lived in for some time at that point?
Very true. I forgot I owned a guillotine, which was hidden away in a cupboard (a guillotine for cutting paper, not for chopping off heads, I hasten to add).

I hear yah. Would be interesting to learn when those banknotes were shredded. If she bought the shredder long after collecting the notes and storing them it might be conceivable for her to either maintain the inaction or to have not remembered she needed to shred them or. Simply to have not gotten round to it. Or even if. The shredder was bought close to the time of the investigation and once she had realised she Would need to gather the notes wouldn’t have thought to shred them. Assuming the notes in the bag under bed We’re gathered as part of her own investigative process.

eta. Assuming her statement of not knowing how to. Dispose of them led to inaction on her part.

I don't think it's going to happen, but I would like to hear from all the school teachers she ever had. They were in a good position to notice anything odd about her. In fact they may have spent more time with her than her parents.

I don't think it's going to happen, but I would like to hear from all the school teachers she ever had. They were in a good position to notice anything odd about her. In fact they may have spent more time with her than her parents.
True.
In my school...
Any MH disorders are usually noticed by teachers - and the kids are forwarded for tests/assessments to the local Psychological and Pedagogical Counselling Centre assigned to the school.

But the parents/legal guardians must agree.
They usually do for the sake of the children.

Very true. I forgot I owned a guillotine, which was hidden away in a cupboard (a guillotine for cutting paper, not for chopping off heads, I hasten to add).
I also forgot I owned a paper guillotine! It wasn’t until after me and my kid spent an embarrassing amount of time cutting out pieces for a little DIY board game we made, that we remembered about it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga